User Tag List

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1413Likes

Thread: May 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had great timing and got a men's bike for $20. Dh just picked it up and needs a little minor work that he can do himself. I replied to the person 2min after it was posted and there was quickly a lineup behind me. I'll need to buy a helmet. Dh and I will share the bike and take our son out for rides.

The twins have slept horribly thd last two nights. I have been up with them and let Dh sleep. They started their day at 5:30 this morning and were up 3 times last night. My left leg is in a brutal amount of pain today. I'm downgrading my expectations for the day.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, May 7th, 2017 at 03:26 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I got a 4pk of Viva drinkable yogourt for free with coupgon at CO-OP.
    I bought Brown Rice Krispie squares at Sobeys for $2.99 (only place in stock in town) - $3.99 CO51 rebate, so I got paid to take this treat home.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Haven't had time to catch up. But, I am clearing out freezer and cupboards. (My condo is sold) I have been eating the most disgusting combinations of food. I haven't had time to go shopping for groceries for a while. Too busy apartment hunting!

I will catch up later. Miss you folks!
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Congratulations on the sale of the condo! Wishing you all the best.
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Sun, May 7th, 2017 at 07:44 PM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

A very busy day for me, I baked and prep meals for three days. I am just exhausted with my long work days and I am lucky DH works at home full time so if I can make a few meals ahead it helps. We have one son that works and one that plays rep sports so meals are rushed this time of year. We are also 2 weeks from the kitchen demo so a few meals went into the freezer for that adventure.
    Sweet sparrow, I think you are wise to stay home with the children. It's such a difficult time and a baby and toddler need routine and structure. I am sure it's exhausting going solo. I just did it for 2 weeks while DH was away and my kids are teens and by the end I was so happy to have DH return.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    A very busy day for me, I baked and prep meals for three days. I am just exhausted with my long work days and I am lucky DH works at home full time so if I can make a few meals ahead it helps. We have one son that works and one that plays rep sports so meals are rushed this time of year. We are also 2 weeks from the kitchen demo so a few meals went into the freezer for that adventure.
    Sweet sparrow, I think you are wise to stay home with the children. It's such a difficult time and a baby and toddler need routine and structure. I am sure it's exhausting going solo. I just did it for 2 weeks while DH was away and my kids are teens and by the end I was so happy to have DH return.
    We took 2 chickens out on Saturday to cook for dinner and then have leftovers. I am in the same boat. Summer hockey seems to take more time. We ended up being out and about later then planned Saturday so we just made a quick pasta (I had meatballs already in freezer) Then I took my mom out of town yesterday and didn't get back home till 8pm. So I insisted we cook the chickens last night in the oven since we never know what time he will be finished work. So at least they are cooked now and we can eat tonight and then I can plan for the leftovers this week. Next weekend I am really planning better for the week!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I didn't do any laundry on the weekend. It was so rainy out and I didn't feel like using the dryer or having laundry hanging all over the house to dry. Today it is cool out but a blue sky and sun. So I put a load in this morning and will hang it out to dry when I go home at lunch. We did completely clean out the chest freezer and the freezer on the bottom of the fridge. So I have a pile of meal ideas for the rest of the week of things that I want to use up which is great. Next I want to clean out the kitchen pantry etc and toss the junk.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Oh what a weekend. My co worker from work came over both days actually, I knew she kept saying the weekend but wasn't 100% sure if she was coming Saturday and Sunday but when she offered to come back Sunday I took her up on it. I must admit moving today is a little bit hard. I was a bit sore Saturday night but last night I was in quite a bit of pain which actually kept me up most of the night.

We got a lot accomplished:
    The Stockpile room is done and has a floor again.

The craft room wasn't much we could do there but we did manage to move the wall unit we need to get rid of so you can access the shelves a lot easier which we loaded up so now Mom just need to sort the stuff.

Next was the dinning room which is the biggest improvement there was some furniture that needed to be moved around to create more storage and I will be honest I did not think we would be able to move them but some how the 2 of us did it. So now all of the furniture in my dinning room is in the correct place. The Dinning Room is not done but it is workable, we have a dinning room table again and almost everything expect some stuff in on corner is sorted and Mom just need to go through the box or bin and determine what she is keeping and what will go. My goal is a box a night.

Also since the Dinning Room and Living Room are connected we got some work done on the Living Room. The Living Room does still have quite a bit of work to be done just because this area has most of the little stuff so sorting it was not as quick as the Dinning Room but we did manage to clean up the 2 End Tables and get some stuff taken care of.

I will continue to slowly work on it each night after work and continue to get Mom to sort through boxes. Last night I sat in the Dinning Room and held up each item for her to say Yes or No well she worked on something in the Living Room. The part that actually made me the happiest was that we got the furniture moved as now we can see exactly how much room we have to store things and what just will not fit into our house.

There is still quite a bit of work to be done but the house is starting to become livable and accessible which makes me happy. I am actually able to sit at my Dinning Room table and spread out and work which is a nice feeling.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It's a good thing that I looked at the school calendar this morning because it is a no school day. We had a very loud thunder storm last night that woke both Dh and I. Baby girl didn't wake until after the storm had calmed. The streets were dry by morning, so I decided to take the kids to the Family Centre to play. I pushed the twins in the double stroller and our son rode his new bike. It was about 3km round trip. I collected two cans along the way.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    It's a good thing that I looked at the school calendar this morning because it is a no school day. We had a very loud thunder storm last night that woke both Dh and I. Baby girl didn't wake until after the storm had calmed. The streets were dry by morning, so I decided to take the kids to the Family Centre to play. I pushed the twins in the double stroller and our son rode his new bike. It was about 3km round trip. I collected two cans along the way.
    We are lucky to have a dry day today as well. Looks cloudy out there now but hope it holds off since I hung DS's bedding out to dry when I went home at lunch.
    Newfiescreech, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cant wait daughter and sebastain are coming at some point today staying til Wednesday -I got her a small little gift satsuma from body shop (had it put away til birthday time but figured she needed a small pick me up ) plus got a 25.00 gap giftcard at shoppers yesterday for 20% off so paid 20.00 incase Sebastian or my daughter need a few new clothing cant wait to give her a big hug as she walks in my door -lol

2 loads hung out today and made blueberry muffins also

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I spent the morning playing with the kids. After lunch, I had the twins down for their nap and got to work. I taught our son how to fold more of his clothes. I folded and put away two loads of laundry, one load wash washed and dried last night. I cooked supper and washed dishes. Dh and our son cleaned up and vacuumed the living room. I scrubbed down the bathroom counter, sink, and back splash. I spot washed walls and doors throughout the house. I still need to tackle the kitchen floor again, which is a never ending chore with three young children.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, May 8th, 2017 at 09:17 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I slept poorly again last night, up with twins. I told Dh that I want him to help me get some sleep. The twins have slept very poorly the last 4 nights and Dh got to sleep through it while I was up with them. I'm currently waiting for my daycare girl to be dropped off. I'm the only one awake in the house.

Dh Dh and I booked a babysitter so that we can go to the new Guardians of the Galaxy movie tomorrow night. We haven't had a babysitter in two months. It will be expensive, but it will be good to have some time as a couple. We aren't going out for supper or coffee, so that will reduce the cost of the date. Our local theatre is privately owned and operated, so they do not accept any coupons.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, May 9th, 2017 at 08:35 AM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I slept poorly again last night, up with twins. I told Dh that I want him to help me get some sleep. The twins have slept very poorly the last 4 nights and Dh got to sleep through it while I was up with them. I'm currently waiting for my daycare girl to be dropped off. I'm the only one awake in the house.

Dh Dh and I booked a babysitter so that we can go to the new Guardians of the Galaxy movie tomorrow night. We haven't had a babysitter in two months. It will be expensive, but it will be good to have some time as a couple. We aren't going out for supper or coffee, so that will reduce the cost of the date. Our local theatre is privately owned and operated, so they do not accept any coupons.
    In my late teens and my early 20's I babysit for a couple with young children. (I owned my own home and was an "adult" lol but since I had always babysat their young children and only trusted me I didn't wanted to ditch them) I was their regular Tuesday night babysitter. They would only ask me on a weekend if it was something very important since they knew I was doing them a huge favour (and they paid very very well for that!) They would go to the movies (cheap night) and out for coffee/run errands etc. She did daycare during the day too so I'm sure she really looked forward to getting out of the house that night. Enjoy your movie!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, May 9th, 2017 at 10:08 AM.
    Newfiescreech, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Beautiful sunny day here today. A little cool but I am loving it! I need to leave early today to get DS to hockey out of town. I brought leftovers for lunch (chicken and potatoes with gravy) and an apple.

Tonight once home from hockey I really need to get on the laundry. I also need to pick up fresh fruit etc so I can make DS a good lunch the rest of the week. (I am going to try and make him ham and cheese wraps but I am going to bake them and cut up in snack size bites. Wish me luck lol)

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information