User Tag List

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1413Likes

Thread: May 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Enjoyed catching up with everyone. @avoncallingu I have found myself thinking about you. I am sure some days are harder than others.

We had both vehicles die this week. After the sump pump fiasco last week I feel like, what next? Hopefully this is it for now! One car is repaired and the van on it's way. I am hoping the bills aren't too bad! Normally DH does most of the repairs, but he does not have the time right now.

I have my meeting for my teaching assessment tomorrow, so it will be nice to have that off of my plate. I am thankful I have a vehicle to get me there too. DH is bringing home pizza, we have not had time or means to get groceries.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

Good afternoon. I spent today baking for an upcoming craft sale, 12 dozen cookies done so far. @Granger hope things get better for you! They say bad things come in threes so after the pump and 2 cars you should be alright!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

On the bright side, we started a vehicle fund this year and hopefully the savings will cover a good chunk of the repairs.
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Good news! The mom and little girl were happy with today. The mom paid me for 1/2 a month and took the full-time daycare contract home to sign.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Good news! The mom and little girl were happy with today. The mom paid me for 1/2 a month and took the full-time daycare contract home to sign.

Wonderful news! So great to hear!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    That's Awesome ANGELA .. glad things is looking up with your daycare business. 👍
    ROMEO, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Post deleted after five tries. Maybe I'll try again some other time. Silly phone....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Post deleted after five tries. Maybe I'll try again some other time. Silly phone....
    I have that problem too. SC glitches and then I lose everything that I typed on my phone. I have tried to make it a habit to post and then go into edit mode to continue writing the post, that way I won't lose everything.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Granger - what a bummer about the vehicles! I know how it feels, we have to replace one as well. Luckily our son has 'loaned' us his truck, so at least my husband has something to drive for work.

Angela - great daycare news!

Haven't shopped other than for bread - may go tomorrow to pick up some things at Sobeys/Sway - depends on the flyers for next week. Mind you, last week we didn't get flyers delivered, so I had to wait to see them online at week's end.

Have a great day, all!
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, May 10th, 2017 at 09:09 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I started home made soup at 7 this morning. I'll reheat what we want for lunch. I'm going to walk the twins and new daycare girl to a Drop In & Play program at our son's school down the street. It is 1hr on Wednesday mornings, and it's free.

edit: We arrived at the room only to read a note saying that it was cancelled due to staff illness. Too bad that we had to walk all the way down there to find out. Picked up the mail for the first time this week and there was nothing good in it. We are currently playing in the back yard. I'm just taking a break from weeding the grass, digging out some with the roots. I'd better go help my baby boy...he's putting stuff in my weed bucket that doesn't belong.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, May 10th, 2017 at 12:53 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

It's been awhile. Still quite occupied looking after my mother and taking her to many appointments. It is hard to see her rapidly decline physically and mentally. I am taking an on line course from the University of Tasmania dealing with 'dementia' which has been very helpful. I love to study and the knowledge taken from this course is something that is very helpful as I care for my mother, although she has not been diagnosed with dementia to date.

I still find it terribly hard that one of my siblings basically ignores my mother....how easy would it be to just pick up the phone once in a while to say hello. In the past, he and his wife have been very critical of my care for my mother and so I have had to place boundaries for myself in that I do not interact with them about how mom is doing. This alone has been emotionally helpful for my sanity.

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

Sorry to hear momof5boys.
    Today is more baking for my sale on the weekend- snickerdoodles and maybe some oatmeal coconut macaroons
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    It's been awhile. Still quite occupied looking after my mother and taking her to many appointments. It is hard to see her rapidly decline physically and mentally. I am taking an on line course from the University of Tasmania dealing with 'dementia' which has been very helpful. I love to study and the knowledge taken from this course is something that is very helpful as I care for my mother, although she has not been diagnosed with dementia to date.I still find it terribly hard that one of my siblings basically ignores my mother....how easy would it be to just pick up the phone once in a while to say hello. In the past, he and his wife have been very critical of my care for my mother and so I have had to place boundaries for myself in that I do not interact with them about how mom is doing. This alone has been emotionally helpful for my sanity.
    I sent you a little note via rep.

My grandmother died this year and suffered from Alzheimer's/dementia. My sister dreaded visiting, but rushed to her side as she took her last breaths. I, on the other hand, visited more regularly. Every time I said goodbye I made sure I was good with it being the last. On my last visit, I knew it would be the last and I felt peaceful. While dementia and diseases of the mind are awful and I do not wish them on anyone, we had seven years to say good bye. I hope each of your family members is able to make their own peace with a difficult disease. We too had family members with whom we had to keep boundaries.
    -Hermione Granger

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well my daughter went home today -she has her good days and bad days -she may go back to work early 3 days a week in the summer she is thinking about it (she said she could use the money and it will be distracting for her )

-on another note my son /wife are having a sibling for Ashlyn -due in November so happy for them as they have been wanting this for awhile -Ashlyn will be 4 in October and in school -I am no longer needed next year I will take a much deserved break

-its just so hard in my mind to accept that my daughter's marriage is over such sadness, and I have to have such joy for my son and his family (not the best timing )but so glad I could share the news with you guys I am gonna be a nana again -I was told not to tell anyone til a few more weeks but I can tell you guys
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, May 10th, 2017 at 05:27 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

momof5 boys -keep up the good work being there for your dear mom -I wish I had my mom here today to tell all my sorrows and joys with

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information