User Tag List

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1413Likes

Thread: May 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@sweet sparrow - so sorry to hear about your MIL; hoping your husband realizes how important it is to spend time with her at this time - hard as it may be.
    Hugs to you all, and you're in my prayers.
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

So sorry to hear about your MIL SweetSparrow. Hopefully they can get her comfortable which will help in allowing family during this time.
    ROMEO, Angela273 and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

@sweet sparrow sorry to hear about your MIL- hope you can find a safe daycare for your munchkins.
    ROMEO, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SS- sorry to hear about your MIL too and I second the finding good daycare for your little one. I was amazed to read your DD1 can read your text messages-isn't she only 4? If so, she is a very early reader for sure.
    ROMEO, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ss-sorry about your mother-in-law hope you find a good daycare
    -just went to the library and had put on hold awhile back the movie "hidden figures" cant wait to see this movie ,then popped into shoppers -just cashed out my checkout51 25.30-havent cashed out in 3 months so this is nice ,chatted with my daughter and I started to cry "she said mom stop crying I am stronger than you " and know what she is a strong woman -all her friends are keeping her busy this week coming over and sitting talking ,cooking for her, playing with sebastian
    -anyway just chillin the rest of today
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Phew! Very productive day at work today. Only working the morning tomorrow then off. Have some stuff to go through that can probably be shredded and then a few things that need to be sent to storage so hoping I can get this all done in the morning with no interruptions. What a great feeling!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Sweetsparrow -you are experiencing that "when it rains, it pours" situation with the three things you mentioned. Yes, I'm going to agree with you about deleting text messages if that is the quick solution to trying to prevent DD1 from getting too curious (and maybe turning off any sound alert). If DH won't go to MIL, would he be with the kids at home if you wanted to see MIL on your own on the weekend? Seems you'd be willing to visit, if DH could step into your shoes for a few hours. You may need to take some time after a visit to just collect your thoughts and look at nature before going home. While you respect your DH's wish to continue doing what he is doing, please don't set yourself up to be his grief counselor should the time come he regrets not going to her. That will not be fair to you as you are shouldering the kids and fitting your needs in around theirs--you don't know why anyone thinks you hid Wonder Woman at your place.

(Hugs)

Daycares-thought our enlightened Premier saw a bill pass last year into law banning that registration fee (see article https://www.thestar.com/news/queensp...are-spots.html ) for parents wanting to get on a wait list. Not sure how the daycares in schools are doing in terms of wait lists and spots open for registration. Add any schools that are on accommodation reviews and that adds more angst to the location search for childcare. Definitely let your municipal and provincial representatives know your concerns about daycare being an ongoing concern for you and that you cannot afford not to return to work at the end of your year of leave.
    Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

With it raining today when I went out to the post office, I knew I should have done my shopping last night when I did not feel like walking (it was still a dry night). Wet shoes are not my favourite thing in the world and this was day 2 of walking in the rain (good thing expired grocery flyers are in the blue box so I stuffed my footwear afterwards with paper). Got remaining postage for recipe envelope to Mom (40g international mail costs $3.60 in stamps and I only had $1.25 on hand at home), purchased a case of pop, went home,then out to Cdn Tire for yard gloves (on sale! I checked flyer for today vs tomorrow) and a short grocery run at Longo's.

Did make an apple and blueberry coffee cake and substituted ground cloves, nutmeg and ginger for the cinnamon in the recipe. Made a cup of English Breakfast tea while waiting for cake to bake.

Grocery flyers-Longos Ancaster will have 900g of Italpasta on sale for 79cents tomorrow! Stock up time.
    GoodBoy likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great price on pasta!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    With it raining today when I went out to the post office, I knew I should have done my shopping last night when I did not feel like walking (it was still a dry night). Wet shoes are not my favourite thing in the world and this was day 2 of walking in the rain (good thing expired grocery flyers are in the blue box so I stuffed my footwear afterwards with paper). Got remaining postage for recipe envelope to Mom (40g international mail costs $3.60 in stamps and I only had $1.25 on hand at home), purchased a case of pop, went home,then out to Cdn Tire for yard gloves (on sale! I checked flyer for today vs tomorrow) and a short grocery run at Longo's.

Did make an apple and blueberry coffee cake and substituted ground cloves, nutmeg and ginger for the cinnamon in the recipe. Made a cup of English Breakfast tea while waiting for cake to bake.

Grocery flyers-Longos Ancaster will have 900g of Italpasta on sale for 79cents tomorrow! Stock up time.
    Ciel, avrose and SassyAshley like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

DH will be going to visit MIL tomorrow. The doctor recommended that the family be called in as she will be in a medically induced coma for the rest of her days, which may not be long. She's just in too much pain to be conscious.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    SS- sorry to hear about your MIL too and I second the finding good daycare for your little one. I was amazed to read your DD1 can read your text messages-isn't she only 4? If so, she is a very early reader for sure.
    @lizzie bargain : DD1 is about 3 and 3/4. At 3 years, 4 months, she went to a friend's home and was able to read words out of her son's book. That was the first inkling I had that it was no longer memorization and possibly recognition. Since then, she's been correcting me when I'm distracted feeding the baby and skip a word, try to hide a scary word, or substitute a close word. She recognizes parts of speech like contractions, ellipses, and corrects Daddy's grammar. (Ha ha!) She still mispronounces new words, but even though I've never taught her how to pronounce words (I blame the arrival of the new baby), she makes a good effort. She's able to read most store names and she recognizes McDonalds by the name instead of the logo for now.

The other day, she saw the store Chapters, which she calls "Char Bits". As we were walking away, she asked if it had a b in it. I said no, and she said, "It can't be Char Bits. I will still call it Char Bits."

Another friend said her daughter also began reading at three, but her son at the same age barely knows the alphabet. I'm sure DD1 is behind on other things. I was able to read fluently before I went to school as well as did my nephew, though I think comprehension was an issue for me. As she is my first, I have no idea what is normal. I fret that she's hanging on to using a diaper at night. She tells me she will give it up when she is 4 and a "big girl". She weighs as much as most five year olds though and I'm concerned that no diaper will be able to hold that amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @Sweetsparrow -you are experiencing that "when it rains, it pours" situation with the three things you mentioned. Yes, I'm going to agree with you about deleting text messages if that is the quick solution to trying to prevent DD1 from getting too curious (and maybe turning off any sound alert). If DH won't go to MIL, would he be with the kids at home if you wanted to see MIL on your own on the weekend? Seems you'd be willing to visit, if DH could step into your shoes for a few hours. You may need to take some time after a visit to just collect your thoughts and look at nature before going home. While you respect your DH's wish to continue doing what he is doing, please don't set yourself up to be his grief counselor should the time come he regrets not going to her. That will not be fair to you as you are shouldering the kids and fitting your needs in around theirs--you don't know why anyone thinks you hid Wonder Woman at your place.

(Hugs)

Daycares-thought our enlightened Premier saw a bill pass last year into law banning that registration fee (see article https://www.thestar.com/news/queensp...are-spots.html ) for parents wanting to get on a wait list. Not sure how the daycares in schools are doing in terms of wait lists and spots open for registration. Add any schools that are on accommodation reviews and that adds more angst to the location search for childcare. Definitely let your municipal and provincial representatives know your concerns about daycare being an ongoing concern for you and that you cannot afford not to return to work at the end of your year of leave.
    @Ciel : Thank you, I don't think I could leave the baby as I'm exclusively breastfeeding at the moment. DH will be going tomorrow and seeing how things are. His siblings are packing to stay for days, so that may be something he will consider as well. That will be a nightmare for me as DD1 heavily favours him and has a meltdown tantrum if he should leave her sight for a moment, even if only to rid the dandelions from the front lawn.

I don't know if there is a distinction between a waiting list fee and a registration fee. I don't think there is, but I'm still getting charged, so there apparently is....

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

sweet sparrow - that's fabulous that your daughter is reading so well at her age! My son read fluently before he was four - and I guess he came about it honestly, since I had done so, as had his dad. It was very special when the K teacher would have Milan do storytime for the class once in a while!

Hoping everyone has a fab day - it's supposed to get to 27 today here.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TFIF!!! Rainy day and apparently a rainy weekend ahead of us here. Which means we will be getting stuff done in the house tomorrow. I asked my man what the plan is for the weekend and he said Saturday he will attack my list . I have all the parts for stuff that needs to be done and have put them all in a basket with the list lol. Put new hooks up in remodeled closet. Change tub cartridge (its leaking again. free replacement part ) Change dimmer switch in dining room. Change light bulb on stairwell (ladder needs to be pulled out) I will be happy if he gets all that done. We had tickets for a show tonight but canceled since I feel we are always on the go on the weekend and nothing gets done. Will be nice to be home tonight and tomorrow and just get stuff done!
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and GoodBoy like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@Sweets parrow- Thinking of your DH and family at this time. So hard watching a parent go through that.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

SS so sorry to hear about your MIL.

The daycare issues sound frustrating!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information