User Tag List

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1413Likes

Thread: May 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Could not sleep in morning so got up just before 6am and put some mixed frozen veggies on to boil and put those 14month old (that is how long they've been in the freezer and that was not going to continue) cowboy steaks (4 small rib eyes that are seasoned) into sink with cold water to defrost them over 40min. Then broiled the steaks in toaster over (took awhile). Had most windows opened with curtains closed and cool wind has kept house feeling about 10degrees cooler than outside.
    8am and I cleaned the clotheslines-the sun felt like 25C and muggy already! Had some laundry from last night to put up and washed some more. Wind is clipping along and drying things super quickly even though some hangers jump off the clothing line during gusts and trees are dropping bits on the laundry. Sky has been getting watery looking in the past hour so I expect rain or storm this afternoon, not just at suppertime. Friday will be cooler and without rain, making the day ideal for grasscutting.

Was sad to see a magnolia tree almost bare of its petals-the warm two days and today's heat have finished them for the season-on my walk to the post office. Sibling told me of someone's MIL passing on the weekend and he knew for at least one day so I jotted a condolence card and went to buy a stamp.

Have some chilled flavoured sparkling waters on hand and ice cubes as well. Glad for the foresight in making or buying ahead of need.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Productive lunch hour. Went and prepaid my water and sewer bill (will be billed in 3 months since I just paid the last one) Prepaid my 3rd property tax installment (Bill should come out soon and be due July 31st) and bought a fire permit! Put $200 cash on my CT MC so after paying for fire permit will have just over a $100 credit on it that I can use for groceries Now just have to make the trip to put prepayment on my hydro bill tomorrow (disbursing cash win smartly I think) Then when I have the budgeted amounts each pay I can put them into savings

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh and our twin boy both caught a stomach bug. Our twins both have a sinus issues, and our big boy has a dry cough. My daycare girl was also not feeling well this afternoon. I've gotten very little sleep the last two nights. It's been rough and it's not over yet.

edit: I've done 3 necessary loads of laundry today. I also managed to scrub down all of the shelves and drawers in my fridge, just need to do the door of the fridge next. There is always a never ending list of thus to accomplish, I try to use the quieter moments in my house. I plan on gong to NF tomorrow evening, I got Dh to pick up milk today.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, May 18th, 2017 at 12:01 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning all-gonna hang a load out and try to do a bit of fixing front lawn ,need to seed around the driveway on a one inch section beside the edges as we may get rain later today
    almost finished my 1,500 piece puzzle -I find them so relaxing
    -anyway just chillin today as I am home ,when I babysit Ashlyn on Friday may go to freshco a few minutes from my sons house and get hubby to watch Ashlyn for an hour
    -got a deal the other night spent 17 at bulk barn before taxes and got a free 5.00 gift card for next time -had to give my bill from last week ,got my 23.00 checkout 51 cheque in and just cashed out 20.00 from caddle just now (mind you it took 3 months to get to 20.00 on caddle but hey still free money )like when ciel or others on here pick up the odd change,mcdonalds coffee stickers or cans for refund it all helps out -I put 2 cans in my car of empty beer cans I found in the library parking lot again the other night ( as I found 2 a few months ago)lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Another hot day here today. Chance for a thunder storm later but the sky is blue now.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Well, we bit the bullet and bought a new-to-us van last night (replacing the one with the dead tranny from a few weeks ago). Thank goodness my husband's tax refund covered 2/3 of the cost - we did get a good deal on it, the owner had reduced the price already because they are moving to ON and had to sell.
    It does need some fixing/tweaking - but thank goodness our son the mechanic will be able to look after everything, and we'll get things done in order of what's most needed. Plus, he can get the parts at a discount through work, so that's always been great for us.
    It's a Toyota Sienna - maybe a '99?

Went through flyers last night, made up shopping list for next week - we have a full freezer, so don't need meat, but fresh stuff mostly and some pantry items.

Enjoy the day!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    morning all-gonna hang a load out and try to do a bit of fixing front lawn ,need to seed around the driveway on a one inch section beside the edges as we may get rain later today
    almost finished my 1,500 piece puzzle -I find them so relaxing
    -anyway just chillin today as I am home ,when I babysit Ashlyn on Friday may go to freshco a few minutes from my sons house and get hubby to watch Ashlyn for an hour
    -got a deal the other night spent 17 at bulk barn before taxes and got a free 5.00 gift card for next time -had to give my bill from last week ,got my 23.00 checkout 51 cheque in and just cashed out 20.00 from caddle just now (mind you it took 3 months to get to 20.00 on caddle but hey still free money )like when ciel or others on here pick up the odd change,mcdonalds coffee stickers or cans for refund it all helps out -I put 2 cans in my car of empty beer cans I found in the library parking lot again the other night ( as I found 2 a few months ago)lol
    Other parking lots that may have beer empties include LCBO (check perimeters near bushes esp. if a landscape crew was in the area!), grocery stores that sell beer (far sides of lot) and sometimes Cdn Tire stores that are a short distance from the LCBO or Beer Stores. I have seen cans at bus stops within 1/2 km of the newest LCBO too.
    Newfiescreech and Angela273 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@coupon girl -the gusting wind seems keen to try to rip laundry off the line. I have towels, underwear and a top outside-will see if they are dry. I used the stiff line that won't roll on its own. The other line will move readily so did not use it.

Managed to get sheets, clothing and knits washed and dried yesterday. Tomorrow will be grasscutting day (cooler too).

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I wish I did laundry last night lol. Will have to do it tonight for sure. DS was putting on black dress socks this morning (apparently he didn't have any white ones lol) I bought new socks for the oldest the other night and have no idea where I put them. I remember carrying them around the house to get the scissors and guess I got distracted and put them somewhere.

Thinking burgers on the bbq tonight with salad. Will pick up buns at lunch.
    Newfiescreech, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yeah nat for the new to you van Nat-and so nice of your dear son to help with fixing it up or getting parts
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, May 18th, 2017 at 11:42 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I became dizzy last night, but it has gotten worse. Now I'm constantly dizzy, even while sitting down. My head hurts some, but I do not have any other symptoms at this time. I'm trying not to push it and I think some Gatorade might help, one bottle is in the fridge.

I was checking out the flyers and I see some decent stuff to pm at NF. If I go to NF today it will basically be for the pork loin sale, other stuff will be a better price starting tomorrow.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hope you are feeling better!!! Take care of yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I became dizzy last night, but it has gotten worse. Now I'm constantly dizzy, even while sitting down. My head hurts some, but I do not have any other symptoms at this time. I'm trying not to push it and I think some Gatorade might help, one bottle is in the fridge.

I was checking out the flyers and I see some decent stuff to pm at NF. If I go to NF today it will basically be for the pork loin sale, other stuff will be a better price starting tomorrow.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sobey's has Chapman's products on for $2.99 this week. With the Chapman's coupon of $4.00, potential for overage here. May price match at FreshCo.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Hurrah on the new van Natalka, your are so lucky your son has the talent to get it in back to new condition!!

Angela, sounds like you are getting the bug your DH has, I hope it passes quickly, your days are too full for a healthy person.

Sweetsparrow, my condolences to you and your family, these things are always so tough especially with the little ones.

Busy week here, getting all the supplies together to open our cabin this weekend. It will be a weekend of manual labour, getting the boat lift and dock in and yard work. As we get older the work seems more daunting, our kids will be coming to help out and I am looking forward to a nice barbecue once the chores are done. I just made a huge pot of Beef and chorizo chili and boy is that recipe a keeper, I thought chili dogs would be good for lunch at the lake on Saturday. I keep taking spoonfuls every time I pass the stove, better get it in the freezer before it's gone!! Hope everyone has a fun and safe long weekend!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I wasn't nearly as dizzy by 1pm. I have naturally low blood pressure, so that may have been part of the problem. The Gatorade has salt in it and also had some regular Old Dutch chips for huge salt content. Dh is feeling better, but he's still not himself. My twins haven't napped yet today, which is unusual. I almost had baby girl down, but a little boy quickly followed me into her room and yelled, which woke her up...it was not one of our son's. I'm surrounded by sick children.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information