User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: Bad flu was cancer

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GatineauGirl View Post
    The worst case has happened....I have lost the love of my life and I am heartbroken. I can't see straight for crying....feeling so, so alone. I have no one here with me, and have been going to the hospital 3x a day for the past 7 months....it all feels overwhelming and so painful. Got lost yesterday trying to find the lawyers office....how am I supposed to get through this?
    @GatineauGirl , I am deeply sorry for your loss.
    I'm not able to provide you with any words of advice for next steps, as it is unfamiliar territory for me, but I am able to say that I know we as a Family here on SC are all here for you, in any and all capacities as you may need us.
    Last edited by danger_dan; Tue, Oct 17th, 2017 at 09:25 AM.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@GatineauGirl , I just came across this thread and was reading all of it before replying that don't lose hope, but I am so so sorry to hear about your loss. I am a four year cancer survivor, my Mom is a 15 yrs. survivor, vegetarian, no smoking, no drinking, who knows why then ?????
    Now all I can say is that you have to stay strong for yourself, life only tests the strong, the weak will fail anyways. You did all you could and now you need to look after yourself, you have so many cherish able memories of a beautiful relationship, many don't even have that.
    We have a wonderful community here, many of whom have been dealing with hardships but we all carry on. A big hug for you
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

@GatineauGirl -oh my dear, I wish I could give you a big hug. I lost my dear husband in January after being his 24/7 caregiver for over a year.

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. It may seem like you will never cope, but the darkness clears and, as you found the strength to be there for him, you now need to be there for yourself as you heal from this horrible emotional wound.

Although our grief pathways are always different, I have faced what you face.

I had no friends or family near but they came fora while. There are logistical things to be handled and they can be overwhelming. The funeral home with who you deal will be able to help you with all the legal things.

The local Cancer Society or the staff on the ward where your husband was cared for can point you towards help for people who are grieving.

If you have a faith family, that is another place to reach out to for support.

We here at SC are always close and you can lean on us. We are with you, even if we are not physically near you.

Once again, my dear, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear husband.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

like the others I have no words of advice, just prayers for you and I hope that you can find support in such a dark time. I can't even begin to imagine the pain of losing my husband,
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

The worst case has happened....I have lost the love of my life and I am heartbroken. I can't see straight for crying....feeling so, so alone. I have no one here with me, and have been going to the hospital 3x a day for the past 7 months....it all feels overwhelming and so painful. Got lost yesterday trying to find the lawyers office....how am I supposed to get through this?
    My deepest sympathy goes out to you during this difficult time.
    Take it all just one day at a time.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am so sorry for you,my deepest sympathy.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So sorry hear news about your darling husband GatineauGirl ..didn’t lose husband but i lost my dad and 18 months later i lost my brother at very young age of 51 ..so I understand what your going through sweetie ..i can tell you just keep asking lord give you strength carry on each day ..he will help you get through this ..all you have do is ask him ..thinking about you ..sending my thoughts and prayers to you that lord will strengthen you and help you get through those hard days ,weeks and month ahead you ..God bless you and please take good care yourself..if you ever need someone talk to i’m Here for you ..Take Care

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Sorry to read this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Two months ago we thought it was just a really bad flu. Couldn't see a doctor because that is next to impossible here in Quebec, especially when you can't hold yourself up because you're sick. Finally ended up having to call an ambulance ($$$!!!) and we have just recently been told that it is 2 types of blood cancer....the easy one to treat and the difficult one to treat. I've been at the hospital visiting my spouse 2-3/day for the past 2 months. One day everything is just hunky-dory, and the next day....wham!

Can't stop crying over this. We've been together for over 20 years....were just starting to make plans for retirement. I am just past 5 years survivor of breast cancer....gosh, what are we doing wrong? Don't smoke, don't drink, eat healthy....I don't understand.

Completely alone in all of this too....navigating as an English-speaking person in Quebec is a different and persistent type of pain of of its own.
    that's usually the case.. is it you or your husband who got the cancer diagnosis? IF it's you, cancer isn't an automatic death sentence, think positive.
    GatineauGirl likes this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

How are you, @GatineauGirl ? You will have had lots to deal with in the past 10 days or so. I hope you have been able to sleep and get some nourishing food into you. Thinking about you.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you, everyone, for your kind, thoughtful comments. In this acute loneliness I am feeling, they are a warming presence. I am not able to sleep, having nightmares and yet, working hard to get myself somehow, someway, through this. I don't know what I'm doing, and want to leave this 'fear zone'. I am just so alone....here in Quebec there was no support whatsoever after the passing my my beloved. I do not belong to a Church anymore, so no support there. No friends or family here either. Every day feels like stepping onto an elevator that isn't there. I can't begin to express how grateful I am for your friendship here. A big, heartfelt thank-you to all.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Please take good care of yourself during this difficult period of your life.I know what you are going trought.I loss my mother 11 years ago and my brother 4 years ago.It take time to realise how is life without theirs.Get back on your feet soon,we are truly here for you
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I'm so sorry for your loss. Being the one left behind is never easy

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you, everyone, for your kind, thoughtful comments. In this acute loneliness I am feeling, they are a warming presence. I am not able to sleep, having nightmares and yet, working hard to get myself somehow, someway, through this. I don't know what I'm doing, and want to leave this 'fear zone'. I am just so alone....here in Quebec there was no support whatsoever after the passing my my beloved. I do not belong to a Church anymore, so no support there. No friends or family here either. Every day feels like stepping onto an elevator that isn't there. I can't begin to express how grateful I am for your friendship here. A big, heartfelt thank-you to all.
    Hi GatineauGirl ..so sad hear sweetie you dont have any friends or family in Quebec ... OMG .you needs leave Quebec and be near some family members or friends ..you needs friends and family talk to and listen to you sweetie when you needs them .. dont you have any family you can talk to help you through those difficult times ..sure wish i lived next door ..i would be your friend sweetie .. breaks my heart knowing you have no one talk too ..everyone needs good friend Help you get through those difficult times ..if you ever need someone chat with send me message ... Please take extra care yourself sweetie..sending my thoughts and prayers Sweetie

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information