User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: Bad flu was cancer

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you, everyone....I can't stop crying....finding 'deals' used to be so much fun, and now it means nothing. Ottawa/Gatineau is swamped with rain again, flooding everywhere....tears, I think.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by GatineauGirl View Post
    Thank you, everyone....I can't stop crying....finding 'deals' used to be so much fun, and now it means nothing. Ottawa/Gatineau is swamped with rain again, flooding everywhere....tears, I think.
    Take 1 day at the time
    GatineauGirl likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thank you, everyone, for your kind, thoughtful comments. In this acute loneliness I am feeling, they are a warming presence. I am not able to sleep, having nightmares and yet, working hard to get myself somehow, someway, through this. I don't know what I'm doing, and want to leave this 'fear zone'. I am just so alone....here in Quebec there was no support whatsoever after the passing my my beloved. I do not belong to a Church anymore, so no support there. No friends or family here either. Every day feels like stepping onto an elevator that isn't there. I can't begin to express how grateful I am for your friendship here. A big, heartfelt thank-you to all.
    My heart goes out to you as do my prayers.You mentioned how you no longer belong to a church anymore.Perhaps you could find one that you feel comfortable with and receive some support that way.Some churches,funeral homes do offer programs for those who are experiencing grief.
    You may try that or something like United Way that may know of such services.
    Peace be with you
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Today I did another job that was always done by my spouse....I replaced the furnace filter...only hope I did it correctly; have never done this before. Boy, was it ever dirty! I've been dreading doing this because I didn't have a clue how to do it.
    Skippy and Angela273 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Today I did another job that was always done by my spouse....I replaced the furnace filter...only hope I did it correctly; have never done this before. Boy, was it ever dirty! I've been dreading doing this because I didn't have a clue how to do it.
    You may want to call a couple of furnace companies in your area for a price (or better yet ask a few neighbours if they can recommend one) and have a annual checkup on your furnace. There may be things like a humidifier filter or other things that may also need to be changed.
    GatineauGirl likes this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Thank you, everyone, for your kind, thoughtful comments. In this acute loneliness I am feeling, they are a warming presence. I am not able to sleep, having nightmares and yet, working hard to get myself somehow, someway, through this. I don't know what I'm doing, and want to leave this 'fear zone'. I am just so alone....here in Quebec there was no support whatsoever after the passing my my beloved. I do not belong to a Church anymore, so no support there. No friends or family here either. Every day feels like stepping onto an elevator that isn't there. I can't begin to express how grateful I am for your friendship here. A big, heartfelt thank-you to all.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am deeply sorry for the loss of your best friend and husband. I can't begin to imagine. Dig deep and remain strong. Lean on us. We are here for you. PM me if you need anything or want a friend to talk to.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Angela273 and GatineauGirl like this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good for you,it is pretty straight forward,if in doubt look it up online.
    Blessings to you!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Dear Gatineau Girl, i'm truely sorry, i haven't seen the sad news untill tonight.....
    All my sympathies for your loss, keeping you in my prayers
    Take care

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@GatineauGirl : I hope whenever you feel lonely, you can revisit this thread and know there are people that care. We're just on the other side of a screen, but any of us would love to help, offer prayer, lend an ear, send a card of comfort. Even more, I'm sure there are people in your area who would love to help if they knew. Skippy mentioned your local church, a local grief support group, etc. Whatever avenue you pick, I hope you never ever feel alone. If you reach out and let the people around you know a little of what you're going through, I think you might be surprised.

Congratulations on replacing the furnace filter. I just did it for the first time a few years ago too. You'll be recaulking the tub yourself soon.

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Hi Gatineau Girl I was just on and thought of you! I’m so sorry for your loss! I cannot imagine living without my husband! I just wouldn’t know where to start! Congrats on changing the furnace filter, something I couldn’t change! We take things like that for granted! If you need to talk we are here to listen! Thank care my dear friend!
    Coin Out:
    https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=MZC6CYR

Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Stopping by to say, "Hello!" Every day's end means your strength has brought you forward. Congratulations on changing that filter! I would think that the Canadian Cancer Society might be able to give you some suggestions about support groups.
    If you look in your paper, you might see groups that are meeting. Just interest groups.

A few weeks after my husband passed, I signed up for a "Paint Night." I don't know if they have them near you, but it got me out and met a few people-single women- and the night certainly took my mind away from sadness fir a while. Local libraries usually have talks and groups. I went to a gardening talk a few years ago at the library.

Come and talk with us-there's always someone around. Send someone a pm if you don't feel like posting. The expression, "Take good care," takes on a very important and personal meaning.
    Horndogg and GatineauGirl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hi Gatineau Girl, I just came upon your thread! I’m so sorry on the loss of your husband! During this difficult time I hope you can get out, now that the weather is getting better, and meet with people. You need to find friends, I don’t know how old you are but there are clubs or activities you can do for your mind and to meet people. I can’t imagine what you are going through but you will feel better day by day. Like everyone has mentioned you can count on us, there is always someone here to listen!
    Horndogg and GatineauGirl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Happy Easter 🐣 Gatineau Girl I’m thinking of you!
    GatineauGirl likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Congratulations on changing the furnace filter by yourself. My husband changes ours once a month. I couldn’t imagine life without my husband. My heart goes out to you. I think that you have received good advice in this thread. We are here for you, even if we aren’t local.
    GatineauGirl likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information