User Tag List

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree921Likes

Thread: June 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Went shopping Wednesday night after work and ended up spending more than I had planned too but oh well got some great deals.

From Food Basics I got:
    Strawberries $1.88 x 3 (normally would not buy this many but for the first time in awhile they were great looking no soft spots)
    Bananas $0.57/lb
    Peanut Butter $2.88 x 2
    Cucumber $0.77 x 2

Superstore
    Astro Yogurt $1.98 (PM Freshco) x 4
    Beef Broth $2.00 x 6 - 2 x $1.00 WUB3
    Classico Pasta Sauce $1.88 (PM Sobey's) x 4
    Country Harvest Bread $1.97 (PM No Frills) x 2
    Country Harvest Bagels $1.97 (PM No Frills) x 2
    Chapman's Ice Cream $3.98
    Tortillas $1.98

All and all a good shop found a couple things I wasn't planning to buy (Broth, Ice Cream & Tortillas) but they were on sale. We needed to Broth and I have an obsession lately with Tortillas so happy to find these. Ice Cream well that was a treat I love the new Saucy Spots Salted Caramel, it is so good.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'm not disregarding the fact that people can be on different medications for a long period of time due to various medical conditions. There are various possible unknown effects from taking my injection bloodthinner for years on end. Up until now, it has been the safest option for me. I had a bad reaction to a more common blood thinner , which resulted in complications and rehospitalization. This medication has worked for me, helped to stabilize the extensive bloodclots that are still in my body and helped to ensure the health of my two pregnancies. I'm hoping for good test results from the scan next week, which would mean that I could continue on my current treatment regimen. If the test results are bad, then serious decisions will need to be made.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hope that the results all turn out to be very good for you!!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

A decidedly unfrugal month. Week two of no kitchen. So far the dining out has been under control. I will confess to eating cereal for dinner last night cause I was too lazy to BBQ for just me. We have planned dinner out Sunday and take out Saturday. But I had included these costs in the budget for the renovation. Hopefully by this time next week we have walls and flooring. I did manage to sell and give away some stuff in the midst of the chaos.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I've been in a lot of physical pain, so I only bought 4 items at Sobeys. I'll have to do a more major shop on Tuesday. I redeemed AM and used a gc for the rest, so no oop. I took just our baby girl with me, which is very rare. We went to a church garage sale and got some good stuff. A plastic play dish set for 25c, I only wanted the little cups and plates. I got two damaged winter mitten drying racks for free. I got a glass blender for $1.50, hopefully it works ok and then I can use it for my smoothies, it's a bit big so I'll need to put it away when not in use.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Jun 3rd, 2017 at 07:59 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sorry for the loss of your Grandma Angela.

I am happy to report I made it to grad yesterday a.m.-I just decided, come hell or high water, I was going. We rented a wheelchair so DH could push me-I can walk short distances before my leg cramps, but the ceremony was at the U of Calgary so plenty of walking was involved. I also took the morphine prescribed by my doctor-I was able to sit in a special area for wheelchair guests which was great as we were in a separate kind of viewing box, so no matter how much I squirmed or stretched or moved around a bit to stay comfortable for the 2.5 hrs I could keep pretty comfortable.

I sure learned it is not easy being in a wheelchair, especially in a big surging wall of people with handbags bumping your head as they go by or people bumping into you and knocking the chair causing pain. Anyway thank goodness I am slowly improving and hopefully in awhile this will be a tiny blip in my life I can look back on rather than an long term issue for me.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Congrats on your new grad and your attendance with DH at the convocation, @lizzie bargain ! Valid points made about the knocks on you or your chair-quite a lot of insensitivity shown to you just because you were in a seated mobility device.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela _273 you are definitely a multi tasker! Wishing you favourable results on your medical visit. Good finds at the sales!
    Angela273, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Kind of having one of those days where I cannot seem to keep focused.

I should be working all day as I got a last minute invite to a meeting Monday Morning and I am the first to present and my presentation is based on a 181 page spreadsheet I need to break down and sort. I tried working on it but I couldn't stay focused.

I did some posting on the local buy and sell, I have posted around 15 items so far but still have a laundry basket full to post. So far only 1 taker who should be picking up a couple small items but every little bit helps. I think we should have enough from selling stuff to replace the kitchen faucet.

I am cleaning out the fridge to make dinner. Found some cucumbers that needed to be used up so I am making a German Cucumber Salad which also uses the Dill that needs to be used up. We also have some cooked baby potatoes to use up so I am going to smash and roast them. Now I need to find a protein.

Alright well I guess I better get back at it and try to focus. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

Good Afternoon! We have hot weather here right now, so I am about to hang a second load of laundry soon. I will also be planting my tomato and pepper plants once it cools off a bit. DH will be mowing our jungle but he's having a nap now. (was up early to go fishing)

Ashlyn had her surgery on monday and got her cast off wednesday for a splint. She went to a rugby game today with a friend. Playing rugby is how she broke her finger so it was bitter sweet. lol My other daughter is gone to the mall with her babysitting money.

We will probably have a fire later once we clean up the yard, still have bits and branches from a tree we cut down. my weekend is mostly going to be organizing and stuff. I still have all the winter stuff out, some camping stuff, etc.

Have a nice day!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good Luck on Monday - having done such for many a year I often just prepped the eve before - It does work and is fressh in mind ... regardless - wishing you success!

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Kind of having one of those days where I cannot seem to keep focused.

I should be working all day as I got a last minute invite to a meeting Monday Morning and I am the first to present and my presentation is based on a 181 page spreadsheet I need to break down and sort. I tried working on it but I couldn't stay focused.

I did some posting on the local buy and sell, I have posted around 15 items so far but still have a laundry basket full to post. So far only 1 taker who should be picking up a couple small items but every little bit helps. I think we should have enough from selling stuff to replace the kitchen faucet.

I am cleaning out the fridge to make dinner. Found some cucumbers that needed to be used up so I am making a German Cucumber Salad which also uses the Dill that needs to be used up. We also have some cooked baby potatoes to use up so I am going to smash and roast them. Now I need to find a protein.

Alright well I guess I better get back at it and try to focus. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We had a good evening out at the BBQ last night, I even made a s'more shortly before heading home. The kids all fell to sleep easily for the babysitter, which was good to hear. I got up with baby girl at 2am and knew something was wrong with me. Sure enough, it seems that I got food poisoning again. Dh and I are the same stuff, except I drank a big cup of fruit punch and Dh did not because he is allergic to strawberries. One other person became sick while at the BBQ, but we weren't sure of the cause. She was smaller than myself and had the beverage much earlier in the evening. I'm feeling a bit better, but I'm currently glad we hadn't made any real plans for the day.
    barbis9, Ciel and lizzie bargain like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Angela273 . That is horrible. Hope you feel better soon!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hope you feel better Angela

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wishing everyone a great day - will be another hot one here. (do not like...)

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information