User Tag List

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree921Likes

Thread: June 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela _273 You can count on being kept in thoughts and prayers! Good to read that a definite diagnosis was made.
    Have as much vitamin C as you can get your hands on post-op (and pre-op if allowed) for recovery.
    Angela273 and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

While tacking my recipe and article clippings stacks, I found that missing bag with Post-It Note pad and two pens that I believed I had dropped on a walk one night in April? Good find. Then later, I spotted my grocery list pad under the bed. Got to be better at putting things back in their places. I have a sweet tooth in my mind, judging from the recipes tending to be desserts and less likely to be savoury entrees.
    By the way, I'm really diligent about pocket emptying when I return from a walk so my items go into that box on the headboard each time. I even decide how many things I can take and what to leave behind (as some outerwear pockets are smaller than other ones).

Found an expired May coupon that I had missed and I pulled out all the McD's coupons except for the salad one and the hot McCafe bevvie with pastry coupon-recycled the coupons.

A family member made another pot of spaghetti sauce but had not dealt with an existing container of sauce made two weeks ago (said he forgot). I put a moratorium on further meat cooking until all that sauce is consumed this week. Time to make a list of leftovers lingering in the fridge that belong to that member because enough is enough for not taking care of various leftovers left to lurk on shelves (I'm talking a two week period or more in some cases).

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I'm not disregarding the fact that people can be on different medications for a long period of time due to various medical conditions. There are various possible unknown effects from taking my injection bloodthinner for years on end. Up until now, it has been the safest option for me. I had a bad reaction to a more common blood thinner , which resulted in complications and rehospitalization. This medication has worked for me, helped to stabilize the extensive bloodclots that are still in my body and helped to ensure the health of my two pregnancies. I'm hoping for good test results from the scan next week, which would mean that I could continue on my current treatment regimen. If the test results are bad, then serious decisions will need to be made.
    Just remembered-you or DH might need to cancel/rebook your scan appointment for this week. Hope your provider is understanding given your current healthcare needs.
    Angela273 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Angela-you and your family are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you a speedy recovery so you can soon be home with your family again!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Surgery was at 9. They did 4 cuts, but only used 3. They removed an extra IV after surgery, so that arm feels better. I can have water, popsicles, or jello. I don't hurt nearly as much. I get my blood thinner back at 1pm. I did ok, but couldn't stop teeth chattering afterwards, so they gave me Demerol. My fever has gone down some.
    Lynn49, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Angela, glad it went well. Now, take it easy and heal well; time to let others look after you.

Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Surgery was at 9. They did 4 cuts, but only used 3. They removed an extra IV after surgery, so that arm feels better. I can have water, popsicles, or jello. I don't hurt nearly as much. I get my blood thinner back at 1pm. I did ok, but couldn't stop teeth chattering afterwards, so they gave me Demerol. My fever has gone down some.
    So glad it went well. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Sent from my iPhone
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My sister joined me at the hospital. She's driving me home to Estevan, we'll give her gas money for it. Her boss was ok with her taking a little time off work. I'm very thankful for the help.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My sister joined me at the hospital. She's driving me home to Estevan, we'll give her gas money for it. Her boss was ok with her taking a little time off work. I'm very thankful for the help.
    Great news! You will be happy to be home! I am so glad that they caught it quickly. Recover well!

Sent from my iPhone
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Tue, Jun 6th, 2017 at 02:48 PM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Angela: good to hear that you are on the mend.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Gold star for @Angela _273 and the people who rallied around you. May the surgery solve the leg pain issue as well-here's hoping!

Bit of a grocery diversion: with 70 cents in my coin purse, I headed out to Longo's and checked out the reduced produce. A tray of three bananas caught my eye @$0.68 cents. Who loves bananas? I do when that is how much I have to pay. The peels will go to the roses this week.
    Found a penny #26 walking home tonight in the rain (was engrossed in a library book and comfy chair) and had 6 containers returned earlier in the day.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Angela-So nice for all of you to be back together as a family and for you to be on the mend. Hopefully DH is still off work and can care for you and your family so that you can recover. I myself am still petty dependent on DH to bring me meals, drive me to apts etc which is quite odd for me as I am normally super independent. On a good day I feel I might be about 50% recovered. I did try driving myself to my doctor apt the other day for the first time in 3 weeks as I was well rested, off narcotics and not in pain when we left. My DH wisely said he would ride along" Just in case" and within 5 minutes my right leg began to feel a bit tight so I pulled over immediately and handed the driving over to him before my leg could go into full spasm and I could become a danger to us or others on the road! Too bad it is my right leg, but I won't drive at all unless I am 100% confident I can brake quickly in an emergency. Anyway I guess baby steps and more patience is required on my part. Until you have an injury that causes muscle spasms you don't really think about all the pressure you must exert on the brake and gas and the constant moving your foot back and forth between the two-of course you just take it for granted. Same with stairs-we do them every day, but when you are in pain you have to be so conscious of every movement to reduce spasms/pain. I am very thankfull I did so much traveling earlier in the year as it will be some time before I can travel again. My friend and I had planned to do a road trip( 18 hrs one way) to Hyder, Alaska at the end of July for some bear viewing but I told her yesterday I will be unable to go-maybe next year!! Besides any extra funds right now are better spent on physio etc, rather than travel.

J and C-sorry to hear that your chickens have become a hassle for you.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Wed, Jun 7th, 2017 at 07:49 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning and happy hump day! We have sunshine!! I washed one of the couch blankets last night and it is out hanging to dry. I have bedding in the washer that will be hung out to dry when I go home at lunch.
    Family birthday bbq tonight. The oldest has to work so I will make sure to take him a plate of food home. I have to run around at lunch and get a card etc. I am picking up a pasta salad that we all love from the local deli. (I have a $5 coupon from their points card).

I had a massage yesterday. Could use another today!
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Just remembered-you or DH might need to cancel/rebook your scan appointment for this week. Hope your provider is understanding given your current healthcare needs.
    I called them on Monday and rescheduled the scan. I was released from that very hospital in time to do the scan, but the contrast dyes used with my CT scan on Monday makes the bone density scan impossible for a minimum of 3wks.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information