User Tag List

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree921Likes

Thread: June 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'm glad that I was able to get my appendix removed before it burst, which is what happened years ago to my older sister and to my dad. There was some serious stuff that was not handled properly during my relatively short hospital stay. I will file proper complaints when I am feeling better. It is good that my Dh and sister were able to be with me at different times to advocate for me and help to avoid some further medical errors. My surgeon was sitting in the operating room, using his cell phone while I was being prepped for surgery. Most people know how very filthy cell phones are, and that certainly isn't allowed in an OR right before a surgery is performed. I never saw the surgeon after that. His medical student released me in the morning and I was sent home without any prescriptions, even for pain management. I'm still in a lot of pain and have various restrictions to follow for the next month. I did find out that the fourth surgical incision was used to pump my belly full of gas during the surgery, a lot of the gas remains and isn't helping my papain level. Dh is taking the week off work, which is necessary but expensive. I contacted the mom of my daycare girl on Monday, that was she knew to find alternate childcare for the rest of the week and we will reassess on the weekend if necessary...which also hurts us financially.
    wendymac, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Went shopping after working last night, we mostly just needed fresh veggies as our stock was getting low. We got the following:

2 packages of 3 peppers each $1.59
    Napa Cabbage $0.79/lb
    4 packs of Mushrooms 2/$2.50
    1 pack of 6 lemons $2
    Sweet Potatoes $0.79/lb
    2 packages Cocktail Tomatoes 2/$5.00
    4 Packages of Tortillas $1.49/each
    Canola Oil 4L $3.88
    2 Packages of Ground Beef $2.88/lb (was not planning on buying but discovered over the weekend we are out of homemade burgers)

I am working out of town tomorrow and will have an house between getting off work and picking Mom up so I will quickly check the flyers and see if there is anything I want/need to grab from the new flyers for the weekend.

I also need to go to Wal Mart tomorrow night, I desperately need new shoes. I have been to 2 Wal Mart already, the first one had no running shoes, only sandals. The second had tons of running shows but they were all either size 6 or 10, I am a 9. I also need to look for more pants mine are just wearing out.
    wendymac, Natalka, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley -if you have a Designer Shoe Warehouse store near you, their clearance section usually has discounted running shoes. Tooties Shoes will certainly carry size 9s. And Famous Shoes also carry a few New Balance styles but sizes go up to 10. Hope that helps you. Mesh or fake leather styles are fairly easy to wash but white mesh (as with my current pair) stay rather dingy once dirtied so I suggest you get some coloured mesh shoes. Mesh shoes dry reasonably well with newspaper stuffed inside if you get the shoes wet and remove the insoles onto separate paper.
    @Angela _273 -not sure what might help you ease the medical gas out of your tissues. I know a tip for cooked kale to reduce gassiness involves adding olive oil to the kale. Found this site suggesting some things to do to help ease the pain: https://healdove.com/health-care-ind...-after-Surgery
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Made banana loaf in the cake pan this morning for breakfast/snacks. Chopped peels were fed to the roses (have to remember to scatter some Epsom salts tomorrow before the weather gets hot on the weekend) and noticed a few rose buds emerging. Did a little flowerbed weeding and trimming. Also ran some laundry loads in the morning but did not hang things outside as it seemed too cold for drying.

Did not attend the opening day of the market. Will try later in the month to see what produce interests me. I saw that local strawberries are selling for $6.99 per quart in one ad (yikes at the price) in the daily paper.
    @SassyAshley -love that napa cabbage price you found!
    Natalka, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is Thursday morning! Do not forget to update your Coupgon app with all the latest Coupgon offers for the upcoming week!

Happy Saving!

Name:  2017-06-08_07-07-39.gif
Views: 193
Size:  54.7 KB
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Thu, Jun 8th, 2017 at 07:08 AM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

FYI ... Kraft Peanut Butter (750g-1Kg) at NF for $2.77 ... price match at FreshCo and use a $1.00 Coupgon for a before tax price of $1.76! Not too bad... if you like peanut butter!
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! We are getting closer to Friday . We had a family bbq/birthday last night.
    Youngest DS is on a school trip today- Horseshoe Valley Adventure park. Tree top trekking and other things. What a fantastic day they have for that.

Last night before bed I made sure the kitchen was clean (the dishwasher still had room so it will be run tonight) and I had put away all the clean laundry. I have some hanging out to dry today. I will put a load in the wash tonight as soon as I get home and hang it out to dry.

We have 2 birthdays on Saturday so another gathering. So I will be busy wrapping tonight/tomorrow night. Have everything for my youngest niece. Just need a card and GC for oldest. (oh I did buy a Cineplex gift card pack and only used one out of it so will give her a few of those and cash for life scratch ticket! There that was easy lol

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
    Natalka, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela so glad you did okay with your surgery
    -had the grown kids and the grandkids last night for a roast beef supper we ate on the patio(as I am still working on a puzzle on my dining room table -at our big patio table out there
    -my daughter came in on Wednesday at 3.00p.m with Sebastian she is staying til sunday morning

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    angela so glad you did okay with your surgery
    -had the grown kids and the grandkids last night for a roast beef supper we ate on the patio(as I am still working on a puzzle on my dining room table -at our big patio table out there
    -my daughter came in on Wednesday at 3.00p.m with Sebastian she is staying til sunday morning
    I am wanting to sell my dining room table and mentioned I may do it now since we can eat outside all summer anyway! Then I will have room for the table of my dreams when I find it

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I forced my self to cook omelettes on the BBQ. It has a side burner but the no kitchen thing has lost its lustre. We are at day 17 and we went out to dinner once and did take out once so I still feel like I am winning. I should have a somewhat functional kitchen by the end of next week. Fingers crossed.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I forced my self to cook omelettes on the BBQ. It has a side burner but the no kitchen thing has lost its lustre. We are at day 17 and we went out to dinner once and did take out once so I still feel like I am winning. I should have a somewhat functional kitchen by the end of next week. Fingers crossed.
    Just curious if you find yourself compelled to do a cleanup after the workers leave or do they tidy up prior to leaving each day? With the basement bathroom reno 3.5yr ago, I vacuumed each day and swept/mopped/stacked things because otherwise it was too dusty to access computers for Internet time (sibling put up plastic sheets from the dollar store after first day of work and workers had not tarped off anything on their own).

One pan meals are your friend-or hot dogs and sausages (think an electric kettle is a runner up for hot cereals, soups, teas, instant noodles). Glad the weather has been mostly decent for BBQ use. Will be very hot next week. Oddly, the mornings are so chilly (heat's not coming on) for a couple of hours then whoosh temps are high.

I will head out for a long walk before the forecasted thunderstorm comes by in the afternoon. Wanting more pennies, coins and cans today.
    Yesterday was laundry day and cut the grass day. Wanted to keep Saturday free so I can watch kids eat watermelon during the Heritage Day activities following the parade.
    Last edited by Ciel; Fri, Jun 9th, 2017 at 09:28 AM.
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Returned bottles and tins to beer store ... $5.00 ... now I have room to fill up again!
    Angela273, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Went for an awesome hour walk last night at the water with my friend. The beauty of rep hockey is not only do the boys meet new friends that they would have never met if they didn't play some of the parents make good friends too

DS went for his 1st pool swim of the season last night. I told him it is good to have friends with pools I would love one but not the maintenance/liability.

I went out to grab some groceries last night with big plans to cook/prep food. Well none of the berries I wanted to buy were nice (works out now I have PC offers to use Had to go to 3 stores for the boneless skinless chicken. Went home and butterflied it, spiced it and baked in oven. I made a quick chicken wrap to go while driving to meet for walk. Kids had chicken on buns. I will make DS and I wraps on my lunch (he has a PA day today).
    Natalka, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had planned on going shopping at Sobeys on Tussday, but that clearly went out the window. I got Dh to take us all to Sobeys this morning. He did all of the lifting and pushing. I redeemed some raincheck, used $35 in Pampers coupons, $50 in AM, $6 in gc, $39 oop.
    3x $19.99 - 50AM - $10 coup = $4.73 for 78ct size 5 Pampers
    1x $19.99 - 50AM - $5 coup - $1.50 CO51 = $8.23 for 78ct size 5 Pampers
    It irks out to be the cheapest diapers I've bought in a while. The coupons were from redeeming Pampers rewards points.

edit: I found two coupons in the diapers when we opened a box. $1.50 off Pull-ups and $2 off Charmin, both expire June 30, 2018
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Jun 12th, 2017 at 10:06 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information