User Tag List

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree921Likes

Thread: June 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well had both the grandkids in a blowup 2 inch kiddie pool today as it was hot here Ashlyn still fit as she is tiny -lol
    -my daughter went out to her sister-in-laws to sleep over tonight her and Sebastian ,so we get a tiny break -lol
    -so I popped over to Walmart just now saved 11.00 fromcheckout51 and 10.00 in coupons -got Sebastian wipes and diapers also got myself free sunglasses at winners -I had a gift card as a birthday gift last year
    Natalka, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I sold a lot of rhubarb to a lady for $10 this afternoon. I supervised while she picked it.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi, all - had a very frugal week here, out of necessity - it will continue to be so - pretty much just shopping for fresh necessities, to go with whatever is in the freezer.

Our son (25) had surgery yesterday, for his umbilical hernia. All went well, but he needed someone to stay with him overnight so my husband stayed with him at his house.
    Today when I spoke with him he told me all the details (when he called yesterday he was quite out of it still), and was so very pleased to have had a good experience with his surgeon and all the staff he encountered. He was feeling much more like himself today, last night he was feeling quite icky. Pain-wise, he's managing with Advil and Tylenol.
    He's got a long recovery ahead of him; because of his job it will be quite a number of weeks until he'll be able to go back to work.

He thinks he'll be okay to get out and about tomorrow, so we'll fetch him to come over for a visit and supper. He can't drive his truck because he said it's got quite a hard clutch (?) and he can't be pushing because of the pressure.
    He's finding it interesting about how one takes a body for granted - like not being able to get out of bed 'normally', but now having to use his arms to help him roll to the side, then get out, instead of sitting up and standing right away.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

nat -hope your son is on the mend -he has such great parents to help him out

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Nat hope your son heals quickly
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Well this week has not gone as planned.

Thursday I carpooled with my Mom as we were going to go out after work. I get a text she is sick and needs to be picked up from work and taken to the doctor. It was sinus so she was becoming extremely light headed and dizzy, so it was a good thing we carpooled and only had one car. But i had to leave work and go pick her up and take her to the doctor. Turns out what she has is viral not infection so Doc couldn't do much, it has to run its course.

She was determined On Thursday she was going to work Friday so I worked from home in case she decided she was going to work as I was going to drive her, I didn't think it was a good idea but she is an adult. Come Friday she wasn't any better and stayed home.

Now I am trying to find some ambition for today. I really need to clean my BBQ due to the Mouse nest I need to scrub it down with bleach. As well the kitchen needs to be tidied up and the bathroom needs to be cleaned. But with all of that being said I really wanted to take this weekend off and just have a weekend. Between cleaning up the house and work stuff I cannot remember the last time where I did not go into a weekend with a to do list as long as my arm. Oh well we will see how the day goes.

Have a wonderful day everyone, going to go and drink some tea and see if it brings me ambition.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'm planning a grocery shop to NF on Wednesday. I don't know if I might be able to get a friend to take me because I can't do much yet. I'd like to pm, use a few produce coupons, and earn some PC Plus points.

My husband is really good and supportive. A lot of everyday tasks have fallen to him and little activities or outings have basically been cancelled. It's hard, especially since I am usually an active person with young children. I'm doing what is necessary to stay safe and heal properly. My daycare kid will be back on Monday, and Dh will probably return to work.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Jun 11th, 2017 at 12:14 AM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I did manage to find some ambition.

BBQ has been cleaned, wow was that not a fun task. We do not have a hose outside, the one for our unit is at the front of the house and previous owner disabled it. This meant I had to carry containers of water in and out of the house. First I washed everything using Dish Soap and Bleach, then I rinsed it with Hot Water to make sure I got everything and then just to be safe I rinsed it all down again with Hot Water and Bleach.

I also set up the Air Conditioners, we just have portable units for the bedrooms and think with the hot weather and Mom being sick she will need hers as I have already seen the heat bugs her.

Going to have another cup of tea and relax and then I am off to raid the freezers to see what I can BBQ for dinners this week as Mom schedule is all over the place so it is going to be a grab and eat kind of week.
    Natalka and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley _if you can get to a pool or stock up on icy treats, do it today. Tomorrow will be a steep 10C extra hot day. Those A/C units will be icy cold gold for you and Mom. Glad you did the BBQ cleanup-now it's ready for dinners/cooking in batches. This week will be a hot one.

I baked a chiffon cake last night as it was a cool night. Cake was ideal for breakfast today and chips too (craving salt with the sugar today). I have been freezing water each night in the ice cube tray for the coming heat wave--am out of pop and it may be three days before I can do a grocery run. I'll try to make my cooked pasta tonight in a double batch so I won't heat up the kitchen tomorrow. Those remaining seaweed snacks plus sugar ice cream cones are going to be my batch of golden snacks for the next three days.

Got to see a couple of seatings of kids sit down to a big wedge of watermelon in front of them -anyone with long hair that did not have it tied back benefited from another pair of hands to hold their hair back. That fruit looked so refreshing! The Ferris Wheel was in the library driveway. Most of the cleanup is done as street reopened at 3pm.

I enjoyed my breezy walk (grateful I took a water bottle) to Sobeys to sample different foods today. One burger in particular impressed me and now I want Special K nourish cereal with yogurt and berries! The La Grille coupon pad is no longer in the meat section-saw one coupon wedged along display.

Inch worms aka cankerworms are still very active along some roads due to very mature trees. Despite flinging them off when I could, I always had one more walking on me. Just found one on my shoulder, despite checking my jacket for any before I took it off and same with my hat.

I found two discarded Bingo scratch lotto tickets. Going to see if the person who bought them missed any numbers that could win some $.
    Natalka and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Nat-I can sure relate to what your son is saying about how we take our bodies and their movements for granted until they suddenly don't work anymore and we cannot do a simple task like driving. I am sure Angela is feeling the same as all of us curently on the recovering from surgery or injury list. Kind of frustrating how little one can do for oneself.

I am still struggling to get better from my SI joint re-injury-original injury was in 2004 and nowhere near this bad. I mean it hurt like heck but I could still work, drive, cook, shop etc. Still pretty much laying down most of the time after 4 weeks of low level pain and now 4 more weeks of acute pain despite physio, chiro, meds etc. I am so fed up and frustrated, that I got a second opinion from another physician yesterday who specializes in spinal care-he has some ideas to speed healing( injections etc) but they will be very costly-I just hope they work as I need to function again. He says to expect at least 3 more months for significant recovery-yikes.

Anyway I just keep soldiering on the best way I can-my goal is to drive DD and her gear to UBC in Vancouver on Sept 1, but too hard to say yet if I will be able to manage that-perhaps all 3 of us will go or if I cannot sit that long in the car, then my husband will take her.

I am so desperate for decent pain relief, upon the recommendation of a physician friend, I have self referred myself to the medical cannibas clinic here. Not something that would normally cross my mind , they may say I don't need it or even if I try it no guarantees it will work . I figure the worst that can happen is they say No. Anyway they can see me July 3- if by some miracle my pain disappears by then I will happily cancel it!! Anyway at this point I am willing to try anything that is legal and safe, as conventional painkillers give me little relief. Except maybe morphine but they don't want you at home on that for very long at all. Anyway I am just resting, doing my physio stretches and exercises as per usual and trying to recover.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just found a local memorial announcement for a teacher that I knew in town. She was only 44yrs old and died on Sunday in our local hospital, where I was also hospitalized that night. It has really bothered me that she passed at a young age. One of her sons turned 17 last week.

I talked with a friend this evening and she offered to go shopping for me. I've arranged for her to take me shopping on Wednesday evening. Dh can get any milk, etc that we might need before then.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Jun 11th, 2017 at 07:55 AM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-oh angela so young ,sorry about the loss of your teacher friend
    -daughter just went home at 8.00 a.m with Sebastian -the poor little guy had diaper rash from teething(we were out on the back deck last night and let his little bum dry out) and 2 more teeth are popping thru
    -I just ordered a few items on indigo a book for Sebastian birthday in sept ,and a few xmas toys for Ashlyn large colouring book 4.00,some reusable stickers and a toy for my house when the little ones are here reg 20.00 on for 5.00 a rolling owl shape sorter and the owls make a sound when they go down -I have to start thinking about the new little one that's coming in November we find out in a few weeks (boy or girl)my son doesn't even care if they have a another girl as long as baby is healthy right (Ashlyn has so many clothing and if its a boy Sebastian has nice clothing my daughter will lend them ,plus my daughter-in-law's best friend has 2 boys also
    -gotta go do some laundry
    Natalka, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I hadn't seen this yet this year, so I'm posting in vasectomy anyone else had also missed it
    freefridays.ca
    Get coupon mailed to home for free Maple Cheerios wub Cheerios.
    Ciel likes this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-just decided to go to shoppers and redeem -I redeemed 60.00 -I spent 66.93 before tax and after coupon I saved 10.00-i paid a mere 2.70 i got bread eggs ,sunscreen,ice cream ,cookies softsoap ,Elastoplast banadages,water 1.88,venus razors etc everything was on sale I bought plus used 10.00 in coupons so pretty happy with paying 2.70
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I hadn't seen this yet this year, so I'm posting in vasectomy anyone else had also missed it
    freefridays.ca
    Get coupon mailed to home for free Maple Cheerios wub Cheerios.
    Normally I wouldn't point out, but it kind of made my day! I don't think I have to tell you were the victim of some crazy autocorrection.

Hope you and everyone else is healing.

I will be grateful that I have been busy in the garden and doing report cards!

All the best everyone!
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 6 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information