User Tag List

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree921Likes

Thread: June 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I hadn't seen this yet this year, so I'm posting in vasectomy anyone else had also missed it
    freefridays.ca
    Get coupon mailed to home for free Maple Cheerios wub Cheerios.
    Thanks for posting this! I was unable to get just a single coupon via save.ca via normal login but this path allows me to get it mailed out apparently! So thank you!

I guess it paid to snip this coupon! (Referencing the autocorrect)

Sent from my iPhone
    wendymac, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Thanks for posting this! I was unable to get just a single coupon via save.ca via normal login but this path allows me to get it mailed out apparently! So thank you!
    I guess it paid to snip this coupon! (Referencing the autocorrect)
    Sent from my iPhone
    Yeah, I usually re-read my posts and fix bad autocorrections, but apparently not today. Clearly that was NOT the operation that I had done. Lol. Glad I could make people giggle and help at the same time.
    wendymac, Natalka, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I received a text message this morning. My daycare girl is sick, so she won't be coming today.
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Had a bit of a lazy day yesterday, Mom is still sick so the only thing I got done was laundry and I spent most of the day crocheting. It was a nice change as I find lately my weekends are so jam packed that come Monday I am already counting down to the next weekend.

I am working out of town today so I will attempt to run into Wal-Mart after work as I badly need new running shoes (still) and pants. Normally I do not buy running shoes at Wal-Mart but lately I have found the more expensive shoes are wearing out as quick as the Wal-Mart ones. I purchased a pair of Adidas Shoes at the outlet Mall and within 2 months the interior of the shoe was falling apart and were unwearable. Thinking I will just grab a pair at Wal-Mart and see how long they last. I would prefer to spend $30 and have them wear out in 2 months then pay $70+ and have them wear out in 2 months.

I also need to do other running around but not sure I will be able to get it all done tonight. I also need to go to Costco and Michael's but this damn parking issue at home still is not resolved. They are now saying by July 1st a plan will be in place. This has now been well over 6 months with little to nothing done and I am getting fed up. It seems like we are going in the opposite direction again we now have 2 more units with additional cars which do not seem to leave or move. It would appear the units have purchased new cars and just moved their old cars to visitor were they now sit and have been sitting for over 3 weeks and are not moving. Guess I have to be patient there was a meeting last week and I am told there is a plan in place and to wait for July 1st although I am not hopeful and more than likely am now going to make Mom go do all my running around for me since I am a prisoner in my own home. Sorry for my little rant just a little frustrated that I cannot seem to live my life Mom keeps telling me not to worry but funny the few times I have done something and there has been no parking and I have had to park in her spot when she comes home I have to move and luckily I have been able to get a spot but I know my luck will run out and then my only option will be to take my car to my Dad's which is 15 minutes away and will completely screw us over for the next day. Let's be honest I do not see Mom wanting to get up at 4 am just to drive me to Dad's to get my car so I can go on with my regularly scheduled day.

Alright well time to get back to work and see what today will bring. Still trying to clean up last week's emails as I am getting pulled in various directions and finding it hard to keep on top of everything.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi All!! Hope everyone is staying cool. I caved and put the AC on last night and so happy I did. The dog appreciated it too.

My office is so HOT since it was closed up all weekend and AC only put on this morning (it was already 27 out!!) It is slowly cooling down. I have decided no cooking tonight so will decide what we will pick up for dinner. I may take the youngest to a movie too (oldest is working) My honey is working an overnight overtime shift for big bucks so worth it for him. So our normal lazy Monday night is mixed up.

We need to start cleaning out the garage. It is a dump. Thinking we need to have a garage sale sooner then later. I guess I should stop parking in the garage so we can organize it and start moving sale stuff into it. So that will be the project for the next 2 weeks. (once the junk is gone it will be easier to clean the house) So much stuff!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Jun 12th, 2017 at 11:59 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Free cereal coupon while supplies last.
    https://www.save.ca/coupons/all-bran...nch/free/13618
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@SassyAshley is there no street parking by your home? Are there no parking regulations that require a vehicle to be moved every couple of days?
    You often post about work requiring so much of you and sending you to all different places. I hope that they pay you well for all of this extra work, particularly the last minute stuff.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I live on a very small street, only 1 house and then 2 complexes at the end but the road turns into our parking lot. You can only fit about 4 cars on the road and for some reason the 1 house on the street does not use their driveway but instead parks their 3 cars on the road so no parking for anyone else.

They do not require cars need to be moved but I heard they are re doing our parking lot and everyone will be required to move their cars or they will be towed. Pretty sure at this point it will be discovered some of them are not able to move.

It is required that all cars are road worthy but it is hard to monitor really the only time we can enforce is if the expired tags but I believe the property management is looking into if they can enforce that upon request they can ask that the car be started and moved to prove it is road worthy. Sad as it is this seems to be an issue people's cars break down and instead of getting rid of them they just move them to visitor and leave them sitting there until the tags expire and then will fight with the property management over their rights that they cannot be forced to get rid of a car. Our property management is quite knowledgeable and right now is working sending out definitions to home owners and warnings that rules will now be enforced (the previous board did not enforce any of the rules and regulations in our by laws, so now we have a lot of but I always have or I was never told going on or even in some cases that previous board members were the ones breaking the rules and why were they allowed too).

This is kind of part of my job, I am there to fill in when things happen. Normally it isn't too bad as 3 of our locations are commutable and I can be at home but a little harder when I have to go out of town which really hasn't happened much this year so far.

@SassyAshley is there no street parking by your home? Are there no parking regulations that require a vehicle to be moved every couple of days?
    You often post about work requiring so much of you and sending you to all different places. I hope that they pay you well for all of this extra work, particularly the last minute stuff.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Mon, Jun 12th, 2017 at 12:35 PM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-hung one load out today,dusted the hardwood floors upstairs -too hot out enjoying my day off from babysitting ,so I am working on my puzzle

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -hung one load out today,dusted the hardwood floors upstairs -too hot out enjoying my day off from babysitting ,so I am working on my puzzle
    It is way too hot out there to do anything. I went home and read my book on my lunch break (needed a break out of the office)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama -that garage was your trophy cleanup project! Here's to its return after the sale! Re: A/C at work-department store ones can take 2 to 3 days to get cold enough. Good that your workplace a/c was making a marked temperature improvement later in the day.

I'm running out of groceries but still have 2pkgs and a third of the pasta purchased 5 weeks ago. Too hot to cook so I'm snacking on seaweed snacks, ice cream cones or waffle bowls, dried apricots, ice cream (sugar craving could not be ignored), sugar water and salted crackers with strawberry jam (better than Pop Tarts). When it's after 9:30pm, I will cook some pasta for a late dinner. Plan to give the flowers some water when it's cooler as I last gave them water on Saturday night. Fuschia peonies-two are going but one is holding on (they opened Friday).

Noticed that there are lots of hanging baskets at Longos and mulch too. Food Basics' garden stock is almost zilch and their soil too. Expect garden centres to wrap up by next week and have leftovers parked by doors. Walmart and Cdn Tire garden centres tend to last into first week of July but YMMV. Don't forget to return any pots if your centre recycles them.

Tossed out McDonald's coupons. Found 3 new Black Diamond $1 off cheese coupons (for large bars of the extra kind of cheese) that expire Dec.31 in a Longo's cart on the sidewalk. Might come in handy for a future pizza night.
    Angela273 and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I received a text message this morning. My daycare girl is sick, so she won't be coming today.
    Bonus recovery time for you and safe from whatever she has. Hope you are easing slowly into routine and feel much better (including your leg).

Sorry to hear about your teaching acquaintance passing away. Hope the school rallies around the students and her son as he probably is about to graduate.
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Jun 12th, 2017 at 03:56 PM.
    Angela273 and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well so much for getting take out tonight. My wonderful man texted me earlier that he put a meat loaf in the oven lol. And we love his meatloaf and mashed potatoes with baby carrots! He likes to cook and I love him for it

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had a friend take me to the ER last night. O have been very dizzy since Friday and have a bad headache, possibly a migraine. I remember having cluster migraines In early elementary school, it sucks, but that part doesn't concern me as much as the vertigo. I knew that it was going to be a useless trip when I knew which doctor was running the ER last night and I heard him filing through patients ASAP without doing diagnostic tests. He wanted to prescribe something that he said may or may not work, Dh and I quickly did some research and told the doctor the reasons why that medication would not be good for me. He checked my ears and throat and told me to see my GP, which is easier said than done. I argued with him, which is how I got a requisition to come back this morning to get bloodwork drawn. I do not know how much blood was lost during surgery, so I might be anemic. The nurse took my vitals and took a little look at my incisions during intake. The nurse treated me like a druggie. She figured it was withdrawal from the morphine (I stopped taking it on the weekend, and still have lots left), or it might be a bad reaction to the surgical sedation. My belly pain is minimal, as long as I am still cautious.

My daycare girl is back today and we have lost our progress, her morning grumpypants has returned. She decided to go back to bed, which I am just fine with.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Jun 13th, 2017 at 09:37 AM.
    Ciel, lizzie bargain and lilo0003 like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Well shopping last night was an adventure. It is so odd I used to love shopping and shopping for anything I loved it, now I usually try to put it off. I ended up going to 3 Wal-Marts last night and still did not get everything I needed and each one offered their own bad experience.

Wal-Mart # 1 - I am looking for shoes and I am not sure why but Women's shoes seem to have been removed in all 4 Wal-Marts I have been to recently from the back wall and replaced with men's shoes and the woman's have no real home. They are thrown on shelves boxes are in the men's and kid's sections, and they are just everywhere a couple pairs of runners here so sandals then you go to rubber boots find a couple more. It seems like Woman's running shoes were forgotten on the most recent planogram so they just throw them where there is an empty spot.

So I am looking for shoes cannot find anyone to help me and there is another lady look as well. She mentions the pair she is trying on was mixed in a stack of men's shoes. So I start pulling down boxes only to discover the shoes in the boxes do not match the boxes. I pulled down a box that says it is running shoes to find sandals in it and so on. Finally an employee walks back and I nicely ask if there is someone who can help and tell her what I am looking for. Her response back "Our Shoes Department is Self Serve and please remember if you take boxes down to put them back." Yep that was enough for me I was done.

Wal-Mart # 2
    Shoe department was a mess as well but I did manage to find what I was looking for Yippee. Now off to find pants. I admit I am plus size and have no issues with this fact. So I am in the plus size section looking for pants and cannot for the life of me find any pants so I ask an employee hanging up tops where the Plus Size pants are, her response "We do not get in Plus Size Pants in the Summer only Dresses, if you want pants only normal sizes are available." Okay then I will pay for my shoes and leave.

Wal-Mart # 3
    I am looking for pants and yippee they do have plus size pants. I find a couple of pairs only to discover they cannot locate the key for the changing rooms. I have been through this with this location before when I needed a bathing suit for my vacation and it took over 45 minutes to find the key. One woman is standing there waiting and I figured I would go the other side of the store grab Shampoo and Conditioner that was on sale and come back, 15 minutes later they are still looking for the key so I dropped the pants on the desk and left.

I recently read an article that Wal-Mart wanted to cross train employees and felt all employees could work in all departments and no longer needed to specialized in one department. I have a feeling this has been implemented and you can see it in their service.

I used to really enjoy shopping especially Wal-Mart as I could do most of my shopping in place and avoid the mall (I have not enjoyed shopping at the mall since I was a teenager) but as of late it has become a painful experience. You can really see there service has gone down, when they have something on sale they never have any and any time you ask for help you are treated like you are annoying them. Oh well the search will continue for pants but at least I got shoes.
    Ciel likes this.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information