User Tag List

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree921Likes

Thread: June 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

WalMart hasn't just tried to train people in everything, they are also messing with the shifts. I know multiple people who work at WM and they are trying to force you to work all shifts: days, evenings, and weekends. I don't know their logic, but they don't even want to give their assistant managers consistent Mon-Fri day shifts. It sounds like a mess. Our local WM is considered a training location for other WMs.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I dislike Walmart and rarely go there. The only thing I seem to buy there are the cheap sport shorts for the youngest. They wash and dry great.

Rainy day here and DS is at a track meet. Then we are off to hockey tonight. Busy day for him. Early game which means we will be home about 7pm which is nice. Will make myself put on a load of laundry and dry and put it away.
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I am completely off pain medication from my surgery, but we don't know what is causing my vertigo or nasty headache. Dh drove me to the hospital to do bloodwork this morning. I am waiting to hear back from my doctor's office, they are expecting the results.

edit: I made a variety of medical related phone calls yesterday. I discovered that my GP had yet to receive anything from the Regina hospital regarding my surgery. I called my old doctor's office, and they had been sent this info. I have been with my current doctor at his clinic for the past 2.5yrs. I guess you can add it to the long list of various medical errors from my most recent stay. Apparently out of the 1,000 questions that I was asked, they didn't get that fixed.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Jun 13th, 2017 at 05:25 PM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

also not a fan of Wal-Mart. I went in this week for the 1st time in a year as my teen needed work shoes and since the expensive pair I bought last fall barely made it 8 months I decided to go cheapo at Wal-Mart. I then had to do a return and omg, that person on returns could not have been more unpleasant to the guy in front of me. There was no reason, he had a receipt and the package was not opened, it was some pool thing. She was only slightly less surly with me. Just reminded me why its been a year since I set foot in there.
    Angela, I hope they get this sorted out for you. this must be so hard with little ones.
    Angela273, Ciel, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 , if only you did not need their medical help right now. I am itching to tell you to write to the hospital board and any governing association plus report the doctor's office to the physicians college for the ongoing file issues. Errors -well, when those healthcare members get sick, you can assume they use whatever hospital know-how and know-who to increase their care success.
    @SassyAshley -I feel sad that WM seems to be implementing the throw cooked spaghetti on the wall and see if it sticks training logic with staff. Staff must be getting earfuls from customers if the staff are working in new-to-them dept and from family members who don't know when they can see their parents/children. If you have a Reitman's, see what their sales racks have and Addition-Elle too since both stores are fairly consistent with stocking sizes.

Kind of a slow what to do day. Changed bedding on parents bed and washed the other set outside (breezy day) and made email contact with place holding relative's visitation stateside. Did online help chat with online flower site to determine that sibling's floral arrangement will be delivered before the late afternoon visitation (just that it did not arrive during office hours). He wanted something added to arrangement but considering that it was processed late afternoon yesterday, I consider him lucky to get delivery for today. Wish we were a planning bunch so last minute stuff would not be the routine way to do things.

Cooked a pot of calrose rice for dinner in case Mom wants it or I do. There's canned fish available but am hoping for takeout to accompany Mom and Bro tonight. Funnily, my aunt from overseas called me two minutes before Mom did from airport. Aunt thought I was Mom. No, not even close.

Plan to do a walk tonight as the heat has broken and yippee, that means time to wander. Library will be closed tomorrow so I may stop in to read the papers.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If anyone wants summer shoes on sale, the Bay has some 50% off today online and in-store. I wish I could wear size 10 Franco Sarto slides with 2" heels-the fabric and colours look fabulous.
    Angela273 and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

Good evening. Nice day here but getting thunderstorms tonight, so I didn't water my garden yesterday except a few tomatoes I planted. My DD is cooking dinner while I relax. lol Have a nice evening all.
    Hope you feel better soon Angela
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    If anyone wants summer shoes on sale, the Bay has some 50% off today online and in-store. I wish I could wear size 10 Franco Sarto slides with 2" heels-the fabric and colours look fabulous.
    I love Franco Sarto and I am. Size 10. I saw those shoes on the blog and may have drooled a bit, then I reminded myself that I am blessed to work in a place that does June to September casual so there was no need. But they are lovely.
    Cabinets arrived today. Wednesday we get installation. To just put things away will be so nice. Appliances are next week and the sink can't come until counters so another 3-4 weeks.
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy hump day!! Beautiful here today. I put a load of white towels on this morning. Will hang to dry when I get home tonight. Thinking I will go park at the water and read my book on my lunch break. A little me time

We are determined to get a bunch of stuff done this weekend. Also decided to post the chest freezer for sale so I will do so tonight with hopefully a pick up arranged for the weekend. Will empty into my kitchen freezer and bring what I have left to my moms freezer. Will give us room to clean/organize and then plan where we want the upright we plan to buy in the fall.
    I am off to write the "to do" list now
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just took a look at the upcoming sale flyers. Lots of good deals! Will be spending $20 on produce at RCSS for the 4000 PC pts.

I really need to start prepping more food. The teen is an eating machine. He enjoyed the French toast I made last week so will be making more for sure. I hate to buy processed crap but sometimes I give in.
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Once grocery money was in my hands, it did not take long for me start walking to stores to get things we're out of to get through the next few hot and humid days (yes, don't look at the forecast too long)--watermelon was on my list. I made carrot and radish salad in the afternoon and peeled and cut a cucumber so something fresh is available for eating. Got some greeting cards that need to be written and sent out tomorrow but failed to get enough stamps, so I will do a mail walk in the morning.

The rain tomorrow needs to happen as I have not done any watering this week and nights have been cool. Not sure my lettuce plants will stay happy without a good watering soon.

Mom and I were discussing the prepaid calling card not working for her at the airport (a kind employee gave her cellphone so Mom could contact me and sibling). Today I too got the error message but tried entering the number again. Seems one digit entered incorrectly will prompt a "card not valid" reply even though I had activated the card 3 days before Mom's holiday began. So the $10 is still on the card.

Can anyone tell me what approximate amount I can expect the Kodak digital photo lab to charge to make 2 sets of prints in 4x6 or 3-1/2 by 5 formats? Mom has about 100 trip photos but I know a few that really don't need to be printed (maybe we even have to decide which photos are key and which are extraneous). I have to check what kind of memory card is in the camera. I realize postage is going to be dear for the one set to be mailed but it'll be a tangible souvenir of the trip for all involved. There is one photo that needs to have 4 copies, so I may have to do a separate order for one print x 2 copies? I'd like to tell Mom what the cost may be so we know if we have to reduce other expenses to cover the printing and mailing costs.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My blood work came back all within the normal ranges. I have requested a photocopy of the results and my post-op report, which Dh will pick up in the morning. Hopefully it will give us more information, like the sedation medications used. My mom reacts badly to a variety of sedatives. I'm still dizzy with a nasty migraine.

My friend took me grocery shopping to NF tonight. $89oop, 6,500pts, $11.35 in coupons, $1 CO51, pm'd cucumbers. Brought it home and my kids had yogourt and bananas for bedtime snack.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Angela, I can't believe you are even venturing out of the house with a migraine, let alone recovering from surgery. You are one tough cookie! Sure hope things get better with you soon.

Hoping everyone has a good day!

Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Natalka unfortunately I don't remember a time before migraines. I remember crying in the bathroom in early elementary school because my head hurt so much and the noise in my classroom wasn't helping things. 30% of people with migraines have larger than normal red blood cells, I am in this category. I have severe cluster migraines. Doctor's refused to treat my migraines until I was 18 or 19yrs old. When it was formally looked into, I could have a migraine 20 out of 30 days and they could be quite nasty, which put me beyond the charts for frequency and severity of migraines. We have never found a migraine preventative that has worked well on me. One of the good side effects of my injection blood thinner is that it has worked better than a migraine preventative for reducing the frequency and severity of my migraines. I never found pain medications that worked well on me, and I am now even more limited in my pain management options because of their blood thinning side effects.

Our kids slept slept good last night, we were only up once with baby girl. I'm planning on baking brownies, which is why I bought two box mixes last night at NF. It lets us somewhat bake and it is cheaper than buying from the bakery.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Jun 15th, 2017 at 01:41 PM.
    Natalka and Ciel like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Hope everyone is well. I did lots of laundry last night, even my bed sheets! Will do another load or 2 tonight so I am totally caught up.
    Dinner last night I made pasta and used a PC Jar sauce I bought at SDM for .69 cents (after sale and $2 in store coupon/sticker on a 20x the points day) I had cooked meatballs in the freezer that I added. It did the trick. Fridge is pretty empty so will be hitting No Frills today on my lunch to pick up a few things.
    I had a bag of papers/change etc hanging in my closet that I need to go through today. It is from when I switched purses awhile ago so I'm sure to find some treasures
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information