User Tag List

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree921Likes

Thread: June 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well that was a worth while job cleaning out the bag. Found $25 in bills $37.80 in change. Movie tickets soon to expire (DS and I are going to movie this week) and tons of Gift cards to use up! Including 2 x $75 prepaid visas!
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well popped over to bank to cash my 3 cheques plus 5.00 in dimes -got 71.00
    then popped into fortinos to g et 2 pkgs of the back p.c smokey bonfire double smoked 6.49-3,000 points=3.49 so I got two pkgs plus got a scop on a pkg of baby pouch and the difference on the other -saved 2.13
    -one load hanging
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to RCSS to pm the Extra Lean beef on at RCSS. Noticed beef packages with "special" stickers on them. Family packs selling for $2.18KG!!!! WOOHOO. I loaded up my cart with all but 1 (11 packages around $4.80 each) Then checked my wallet for how many save $3.00 on fresh meat when you buy La grill product. I had 8 so went and grabbed 8 of the burger flavour pouches for $2.48 each. Saved an extra .52 cents off 8 packages of meat. Plus I had 100 PC pts per $1 spent on beef (usually I do get the 200 per $1 but still better then nothing) So received 5400 PC pts.
    We will be busy making burger patties for the freezer and cooking up taco meat as well.

I also went to No Frills and loaded up on cheese bars (4) and some junk for the teen to fill him (bread, sandwich meat etc) Total was $30.44. Received 500 pc pts and used 30,000 pts to save $30 off my bill.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama Great deal on the ground meat. It's really nice when deals come together like that.
    Ciel likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama great meat deal and great finds!
    Dinner today was leftover pasta with a few extras added. I have decided to go vegetarian for a while (at least a week) so dinners have been a bit challenging. It's only been a few days but I need to shop tomorrow or I won't have much selection!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We have cabinets, but no drawer handles, lol. This has been a test of patience for sure. By the end of next week I will have a fridge and dishwasher. We did not replace the stove so I was actually able to cook inside tonight. Truly 1st world problems
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!! This has been a long week for me. So looking forward to the weekend.
    Tonight is date night. So we will be making burger patties and meatloaf etc for the freezer while drinking wine lol. As long as we are together it doesn't matter what we do (of course we will still make a nice dinner- nothing with beef )

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    @Frugalbigmama Great deal on the ground meat. It's really nice when deals come together like that.
    Thanks! Yes have to always be ready for a deal. Even without the coupons and bonus points it was a good deal (one package I could see the old price $32. and change. WOWEEEE. Who would pay that? Not a smart canuck!
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I was happy to see a new thread regarding new rebates on the app.
    Ciel likes this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

SC glitched out when I was typing this post, so let's try it again.

Dh was able to get the names of the medications used during my surgery. It seems that I reacted to it, which has resulted in a reduced level of cerebral spinal fluid. The reduced cerebral spinal fluid has likely caused the vertigo and nasty migraine. For now, I need to wait for my body to make more and hopefully that will resolve the issue. I'm going to do some research to try to figure out what would help this process. I'm less than impressed by the whole thing. I've contacted both hospitals to speak with the patient advocates and file formal reports. I don't need doctor's stuffing things off as women problems (my appendicitis), being given minimal pain medication (because they didn't believe my level of pain), unknown without doing any test or research (the vertigo and migraine), nurse telling me that the vertigo and migraine was Morphine withdrawal, or the surgeon using a cell phone in my OR, etc. I know that need to pick my battles, but we do not need to have similar experiences when we have to go to the ER with a sick child and be sent home without proper care. Dh wants me to focus on the intake problems. I need to keep track of the medications that I reacted badly to in order to avoid problems in the future.

edit: Please don't get my wrong, I'm all for Canada's free healthcare, I just want it to improve. Some of these medical errors had the potential to be fatal. I volunteered as a Patient and Family advisor for my local health region for the two years prior to the birth of our twins.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Jun 16th, 2017 at 12:37 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well babysat today -got a bit tanned -not that iu wanted too Ashlyn wants to be outside -I managed to sunscreen her up every 40 minutes but forgot to put some on my face -lol
    supper was just scrambled eggs as I was tired and cooked a pork loin meal yesterday
    -just ordered my hubby a top and shorts from the bay online I got an extra 15% off the shorts(as he has such older shirts -I mean I did buy him 2 shirts a few weeks back at marksworkwarehouse -but he still needs a few more )-plus fine markers for me because I bought an adult colouring book from dollarama (its called the seventies)I love colouring with Ashlyn -so I thought for 3.00 why not buy myself a book
    -yeah daughter and Sebastian are coming in on sat at noon -but Sebastian will be celebrating fathers day early with his dad and his family on sat -so daughter said she wants to treat us for supper for fathers day on sat night -sunday we will just relax with daughter and Sebastian -my son bought Ashlyn a new plastic pool so I got the old blow up one for my house which is great

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am just loving the progress of the kitchen. There have been more than a few hiccups but we have flooring and cabinets so on Saturday I will start to put stuff away. It's only 2 weeks for counter so then We will be fully functional with just finishing touches. I need to figure out how to post pictures so you can see the progress.
    The older son and I did take out for dinner. I am just done with trying to plan meals and I have not bought groceries in weeks because we just dont have the space. On Saturday we are going to friends for dinners.
    Sunday is our 23rd anniversary and Father's Day but the older son works so we are planning a lunch at the keg with gift cards I bought during a promo in the winter and we all love the Keg so it will be a nice celebration.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Well that was a worth while job cleaning out the bag. Found $25 in bills $37.80 in change. Movie tickets soon to expire (DS and I are going to movie this week) and tons of Gift cards to use up! Including 2 x $75 prepaid visas!
    Must admit that is a great treasure hunt! Admire your patience in checking the bag contents.
    Angela273 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avrose View Post
    @Frugalbigmama great meat deal and great finds!
    Dinner today was leftover pasta with a few extras added. I have decided to go vegetarian for a while (at least a week) so dinners have been a bit challenging. It's only been a few days but I need to shop tomorrow or I won't have much selection!
    Protein for vegetarians is usually an important aspect to have in meals. If you can eat quinoa, M&M Meat markets has a vegetarian version of a vegetable quinoa side for two portions (one package really it seems like a good portion for a person, IMO). I sampled Sobey's Compliments beet burger (tastes like a less coriandered falafel patty) and the carrot/sweet corn burger (has curry powder and egg) recently, so suggest you consider them to help you explore your tastes.

The Southwestern salad from Ontario Pork can be made without pork as there are canned kidney beans-salad is great chilled and enjoyed on a hot day-for protein.

Pasta has protein too. Not sure if you are eating fish for your vegetarian week but I had a tin of the spicy Thai tuna with 2 cups of cooked farfalle (bow tie) pasta for dinner-yum! I did not add anything else to the pasta but the can's contents.

I very rarely buy Yves products but did like their Veggie round ground product (wait for sales and stock up). No I'm not a vegetarian but I do tire of my standby recipes and like to have something different now and then.
    avrose likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 - if you look up Medical Medium, he does talk about celery juicing as a way to help the body work better. However with regular celery bunches costing $3.99 here, organic celery plus filtered water are $. If you have celery, see if you can make some juice and drink it on an empty stomach and wait 30min. Maybe you'll get some pain relief.

I personally cannot see myself drinking 16oz of celery juice per day. Even 8oz (1 cup) seems too much (and looks like cooking water after broccoli has been boiled in it). A cashier in a store mentioned a family member makes the juice regularly and enjoys it.

The day today-got grasscutting (took a couple of Pepsi cans) and laundry done and that watermelon was spot on for hydration afterwards. Perfect wind and sun conditions for linedrying that laundry. However a family member accused me of using keys that I do not use and it's like nuclear winter between us.

I watched the Table 19 DVD from the library-it has music from the 80s and it seems like a grown up version of a John Hughes film 10 years after everyone graduates from high school. Some insightful dialogue. It hit all the right spots, but what a pity I did not make popcorn.
    Angela273 likes this.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information