User Tag List

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree921Likes

Thread: June 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Rainy day here today.

Did lots of laundry last night (I never do laundry Monday nights!) The teen was complaining all his clothes are missing. 5 mins and mom found all his "missing" clothes. I hung up all the clean stuff and have a load in the dryer to put away tonight. Really need to clean out both boys closets. They are both stuffed and need to get rid of too small/not worn stuff ASAP. Will attempt one closet tomorrow night I think. Completely empty it and bring down everything to the living room. Sort it/put back the stuff to keep and post a huge lot to sell cheap! School is almost done and I am planning for back to school lol (need runners and sport pants for youngest) That's it really.

I have a yummy lunch today (leftovers from last nights dinner. There is a chicken breast cooked in the fridge and lettuce cleaned and ready. Will whip a ceaser salad together quick and cut up the chicken and plate it for the youngest to eat on the way down to hockey. Then when home I will plan tomorrow nights dinner and take out meat for it.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I heard on the news last night that meat is expected to rise in price-not great for all of us non-vegetarians!
    Natalka, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I heard on the news last night that meat is expected to rise in price-not great for all of us non-vegetarians!
    I saw that too. The price of meat is already costly.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I saw that too. The price of meat is already costly.
    I don't find it that bad here in Ontario. The sales are usually pretty good and we stock up accordingly. Be interesting to see what the new sale prices will be. Even more reason to watch the in-store specials/mark downs.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

These burger joints are what seem costly to me. We drove by A&W the other day and the sign out front said "Double cheese double pattie papa burger $6.75" With tax that is $7.62. For a high calorie burger. CRAZY!!! Don't get me on the people that frequent KFC etc all the time. $$$$$ and so horrible for you. I just can't get over the price people pay to put crap in their bodies.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Jun 20th, 2017 at 12:56 PM.
    Angela273, Ciel and avrose like this.

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

We don't eat a lot of fast food but last time we went to A&W it was about $50 for the 4 of us!! My coupons had expired and it was the closest place. (we were out and about and hungry)
    Today is a pretty nice day so I have a load of laundry to hang out. I am on vacation this week so have lots to do around the house but it's not getting done very fast!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy hump day! Started off really sunny and I was thinking I should have taken the day off! Now it is overcast but they were saying on the radio it is suppose to be a nice day for golf so I guess we will see.

Tonight we tackle youngest DS's clothes. I warned him and he is up for it (he also told me he wants a new wardrobe in the Fall lol oh no I am in trouble. My simple boy is starting to care what he wears lol) I need to just get home and start this project tonight and forget about anything else so I can get it done.
    Newfiescreech, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I made a variety of phone calls this morning. My ambulance trip should be covered at 75%, but that still leaves us at $308.50 oop. I'll make sure we keep the receipt for next year's taxes. We're still waiting to have the restoration work done on our crawl space, we are running out of time on our PDAP claim. I left a message for the construction company, they still haven't seen us to sign a contract or receive payment. PDAP will reimburse most of the expense after the work has been completed.

Dh took our son for his Pre-K end of year meeting and brought home progress examples from throughout the year, I'm looking forward to looking through it with our son when our house is quiet. He was "developed" in 3 areas and "well developed" in everything else, which resulted in a very short conversation.

It will be a busy weekend for Dh. He's volunteering for 8hrs on Saturday with one organization, then volunteering another 6hrs on Sunday with another organization. We both volunteer, but my role has changed since we had children and my recent emergency surgery.

I'm improving, I just really have to limit myself. It would be much worse if I end up with a surgical hernia, so I just have to be patient. The good thing is that our twins are young enough that they won't remember. I'm not as light headed and my migraine pain has reduced. The vertigo and migraine may be the result of reduced cerebral spinal fluid awhich occurred as an adverse reaction to the medications used during surgery. I'm still not feeling great, but my incisions are healing nicely.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Jun 21st, 2017 at 12:47 PM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    These burger joints are what seem costly to me. We drove by A&W the other day and the sign out front said "Double cheese double pattie papa burger $6.75" With tax that is $7.62. For a high calorie burger. CRAZY!!! Don't get me on the people that frequent KFC etc all the time. $$$$$ and so horrible for you. I just can't get over the price people pay to put crap in their bodies.
    Good for you for being able to avoid fast food for your family! We do succumb, once in a while, only with really good coupons.

That said, at home for cooking, we rarely buy anything pre-prepared - or even such items as bacon, deli meats, etc. because we know how horrid they are as well.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

just sold a pair of shoes for my daughter on kijiji 16.00

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I don't find it that bad here in Ontario. The sales are usually pretty good and we stock up accordingly. Be interesting to see what the new sale prices will be. Even more reason to watch the in-store specials/mark downs.
    Same here, I only stock up when meats are a certain price, for me personally, I wait for the following prices:

Chicken Drums/ Thighs: $2.00/lb or less
    Chicken Legs: $1.00/lb or less
    Chicken Breast: $4.00/lb or less
    Beef (Ground/Steaks): $4.00/lb or less
    Pork: $1.50/lb or less

Most other meats are too expensive/ have no preference for them (I.E. Lamb, venison, etc.)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

It's almost Friday . I'm taking Monday off so a 3 day weekend to look forward to.

Went for a really long walk last night with my friend. Over 8400 steps as per her step counter. Felt it in my feet last night lol Time for new running shoes. One thing I don't skimp on is good quality shoes- I need my feet/legs for the rest of my life so I better take care of them. My honey is working all weekend so I will have some alone time to shop (have gift cards and the kids do not enjoy shopping) Not that I want them with me when shopping for myself lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to No Frills on my lunch to grab a few things. The 2 pack Romaine hearts in the flyer at $1.97 had sign for $1.50 so grabbed one. Rang in at $1.97 so SCOP applied and free lettuce for me .

The grapes are beautiful and a steal at .88LBs. My youngest is going to be so happy. He told me the other day they are like candy and loves them. Will be going next Wednesday for sure to stock the fridge up for the following week.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh had surgery at the end of March. He had follow-up tests this week and the test results were very good.

It it looks like it is going to storm later today. We currently have 58km/he wind, which is before gusts. The sky is getting dark. If it rains, then I won't have to water the garden, hopefully my flowering tomato plants handle it ok. One of our cats got somewhat injured while outside, he's favouring a front leg but seems fine otherwise. He should be ok.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yeah my hubby's shirt (nice button down with a pocket )came in from the bay (hagger) reg 50.00 I paid 22.09 after ebates -love online shopping
    -came down with a summer cold last night -I guess cause I am so busy watching Ashlyn 3 days a week and here for my daughter when Sebastian wakes up early some days also 4.30 a.m then I cant get back to sleep -lets hope I knock this out of me soon as we go away next week for a small holiday

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information