• 1 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By Lynn49
  • 3 Post By Zonny
  • 3 Post By mulock
  • 3 Post By walkonby
  • 2 Post By Valerey
  • 2 Post By SavvyLady
  • 1 Post By SavvyLady

Thread: Fidgits, anyone? Another Canadian on-line site!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well, they are the rage, aren't they?

I ordered one for our 8-yr old Grandson which was supposed to be for his b'day in June, but oh heavens, when he was here with us over the weekend while our DD and her DH were away, I heard of nothing but Fidgits!! If he wasn't talking about them, he was watching videos of them, how they work, how to make one! So by Saturday morning, this Grandma and Grandpa caved and gave it to him. Well, apparently I was THE best Grandma in the whole entire world!!
    Wow, the adulation $20 can buy!

I ordered from here:
    https://www.fidgetpro.ca
    ...and I could not be happier with the service I received, the personal email thanking me for my order and timely shipping!

I think it's so important to order from CANADA, particularly these days, so I wanted to give a shout-out about this company and the quality of service they provided, so that anyone else looking for these little gadgets can support a Canadian retailer.

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Ciel, walkonby and Durham Couponer like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Which style did you get?
    Hoping it helps your grandson.

They were made for children with ADHD or autism, but I guess it's another fad which has gotten out of control. Schools through the world are banning the spinners because kids are just using them as toys.
    Last edited by Natalka; Tue, May 16th, 2017 at 10:42 AM.
    Ciel and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Which style did you get?

Hoping it helps your Grandson.

They were made for children with ADHD or autism, but I guess it's another fad which has gotten out of control. Schools through the world are banning the spinners because kids are just using them as toys.
    Hi, @Natalka

Umm...I didn't buy it to "help" our Grandson with anything..... It's a toy.

I understood that fidgets were created as toys originally, and only after some therapists began using them for their patients, did they become used for that reason.

On December 23, 2016, James Plafke of Forbes published an article describing fidget spinners as the "must-have office toy for 2017."[4] In late March, users on social media websites such as YouTube and Reddit began uploading videos reviewing and performing tricks with fidget spinners.[6] The Boston Globe reported that fidget toys in general "entered the mainstream" with the related Fidget Cube toy also rising in popularity.

Whatever and however they came to be, I don't understand the banning them from schools! For heaven's sake, if a teacher can't control what the kids are playing with in their classrooms, then they have the problem not the children! Our GS brought it to the Mother's Day brunch and when it was time to eat, he was asked to put it away, and he did!

I bought him the aqua one: ..a convertible spinner which he immediately took apart to convert it, then put it back together again. We all enjoyed playing with it...
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, May 16th, 2017 at 10:59 AM.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I feel that these will be much like Pokemon Go... here one minute, gone the next.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Need to be careful.

Texas girl chokes on fidget spinner part

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/17/health...inkId=37702432
    Momof3girlies, Lynn49 and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How did a 10 year old get the parts in her mouth?

I ordered a fidget cube and spinner from Amazon a few weeks ago and they are supposed to be here next week- hoping they will help the adult ADHD fiance.
    Lynn49 and Ciel like this.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I saw a curbside seller set up by a plaza last Saturday selling Fidgets. Not sure of the price nor manufacturer.
    Lynn49 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I saw a curbside seller set up by a plaza last Saturday selling Fidgets. Not sure of the price nor manufacturer.
    @Ciel , lots of fakes and semi-fakes out there and likely that curbside seller was selling inferior products...they're all over the internet. Lots of kids are going to be frustrated by those things not working properly, unfortunately. Not to mention what they may be made of that could be harmeful to kids...some countries still use lead in their products.

Best that parents go to a source like fidgetpro.ca.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Durham Couponer View Post
    How did a 10 year old get the parts in her mouth?
    Have you met any ten year olds? My son is 11, I never imagined I'd still have to say, "Get that out of your mouth!" as much as I still do.
    JadeAngel, Ciel and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I must be the only person who hates these fidgets.....what's the next fad going to be? Ear wax rollers?
    Natalka, walkonby and Davetherave like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mulock View Post
    I must be the only person who hates these fidgets.....what's the next fad going to be? Ear wax rollers?
    you are not alone. It must be because I no longer have my pulse on what " young kids " want anymore. ( my 3 are adults, no g'kids as yet ) but I watched the women on The View playing with them a few weeks ago non stop in a segment until Joy Behar ( God love her!! ) snatched them off all of them shouting " ENOUGH! "
    That was how I felt.

ha ha
    JadeAngel, Ciel and GoJays like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Sorry but I don't understand why people are freaking out about kids chocking on these. Obviously don't give it to a 1 or 2 year old, but seriously, it's not the fidget's fault is your 8, 10 or 12 year old chokes on it. Do you have to protect them from rocks and money? No legos allowed cuz your 10 year old may choke on them...

Sheesh... rant over.
    Natalka and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If the kids are having fun, and it's not an obsession yet, then no harm done. There are numerous articles out there:FIDGET SPINNERS MAY CALM THE HANDS AND ENGAGE THE MINDS OF THOSE AFFECTED WITH ALZHEIMER’S OR DEMENTIa

Getting off topic, when my kids were little they loved the BoP it game, their grandparents played it and we never laughed so much in our life...Then I read that it may help to slow dementia etc. As long as we keep our mind and hands busy what's the harm!! Why I mention this is that everyone got together this week-end and my 23 year old said what ever happened with the Bop -it, I went and got it, put in new batteries, and we had a blast!! I video taped everyone....Yeah, I know, some of you are probably saying, "Get a life"!! But it was a lot of fun, try it!!
    Ciel and GoJays like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I copied and pasted an article, didn't mean for it to be highlighted so big!!
    Ciel likes this.

Thread Information