• 7 Post By rockco
  • 3 Post By Arjon
  • 2 Post By johnb56789
  • 2 Post By Arjon
  • 2 Post By rockco
  • 2 Post By rockco
  • 1 Post By Arjon
  • 1 Post By rockco

Thread: BOGO Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Granola (1 must be Coconut)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired on: Mon, Jan 1st, 2018
    Walmart's coupon portal offers a great printable, FREE Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Coconut Granola Bar (175g) with the purchase of ANY Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Granola Bar (175g).

Maximum coupon value is $2.77. A reduction in applicable taxes payable is included in coupon face value (meaning, coupon value includes the value of any taxes). This has a nice long expiration date up to December 31, 2017 so well worth printing, and no restriction to redeem on a specific day.

English > https://www.walmart.ca/en/coupons
    French > https://www.walmart.ca/fr/coupons

SC blog's regarding the great price at Walmart this week to use with coupon:
    http://smartcanucks.ca/walmart-canad...-after-coupon/

Name:  NATURE VALLEY COCONUT.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  114.6 KB
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Last edited by rockco; Sun, Jul 9th, 2017 at 07:34 AM.
    rayray, mcminsen, macw1960 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Nice. While we don't keep many snacks in the house, I started buying some of these a while back instead of cookies. A key benefit for me is that because they come individually wrapped (or in 2-packs for the Crunchy ones), it's easier to control my portions: there's far less temptation to have "just one more" like I am by an opened package of cookies.

In addition, with BOGO and WM's price of $1.50, I get 10 portions totalling 350 grams for $1.50. There's simply no way I get 10 portions out of a ~300 gram box of cookies that usually costs $1.69 to $1.99.

I do wish the free one didn't have to be coconut. They're not bad, but not my favorite variety either. Then again, maybe that helps reduce the "just one more" feeling.
    macw1960, rockco and dededi like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Thank you @rocko , I had one of them printed and just thought It was a ho-hum deal that I'd still have to pay tax on the free one, but now that I know it shouldn't be taxable as the final cost, I will pick some up on Tuesday (Sadly, can't get at RCSS since the price isn't advertised, so have to get at Wally), got 2 coupons so here's the plan:

Nature Valley Bars (4): $6.00 = $6.78 - 2 BOGO($3.39) = $3.39/4

Not a horrible price, and the two coconut ones can go to the foodbank
    macw1960 and rockco like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rockco View Post
    A reduction in applicable taxes payable is included in coupon face value (meaning, coupon value includes the value of any taxes).
    Does this have to be rung in differently from the way coupons are usually handled, which would be to enter the coconut one at $1.50 then the coupon at -$1.50?
    macw1960 and rockco like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    Does this have to be rung in differently from the way coupons are usually handled, which would be to enter the coconut one at $1.50 then the coupon at -$1.50?
    Just to make it easier for Cashier (and me), I always do taxable BOGO coupons separate from my regular transactions. Since the coconut is the free product, they're supposed to scan the coconut product first, initiate total so the tax is in the net total and that becomes the value of the coupon; input value as manufacturer's coupon and process the 2nd granola box as normal.

Most cashiers get confused cause they never include the tax in the coupon value, so monitor carefully.
    Last edited by rockco; Sun, Jul 9th, 2017 at 12:12 PM.
    macw1960 and Arjon like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Me too, don't like the coconut variety.
    macw1960 and Arjon like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rockco View Post
    Just to make it easier for Cashier (and me), I always do taxable BOGO coupons separate from my regular transactions. Since the coconut is the free product, they're supposed to scan the coconut product first, initiate total so the tax is in the net total and that becomes the value of the coupon; input value as manufacturer's coupon and process the 2nd granola box as normal.

Most cashiers get confused cause they never include the tax in the coupon value, so monitor carefully.
    Got it. Thanks. No need to be giving the govt. even more money than we already do. ;p
    macw1960 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nature Value Sweet & Salty is on sale $1.44 @ Giant Tiger valid to July 18th.

Great price for this buy 1 get 1 free coupon. Since it's in the flyer, price match at any store that offers the coconut variety and a great points system.
    Ladybug2011 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Purchased the Sweet & Salty Granola bars at Walmart today; 1 Almond, 1 Coconut.

Unexpectedly, the coconut variety was not charged tax; believe it's programmed incorrectly in Walmart's system. If you like coconut, get 2 of them and pay no tax. Here's the outcome of my receipt, price matched Giant Tiger @ $1.44 price. Coupon was processed as $1.44 as that's the amount of the coconut variety without tax.

Name:  NatureValley Coconut.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  52.1 KB

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I noticed yesterday the WM's shelf price was >$2, up from $1.50. I haven't watched closely to see how often they go on sale for $1.50 or less, but my impression is not very often, so anyone with BOGO coupons left who can PM the $1.44 price might want to do so.

Thread Information