User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Colsgirl

Thread: computer question

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Anyone super familiar with the hp or acer laptops on offer this week(upper right hand corner page 1 of the electronics flyer)?

Would this work well for uni? Needs multiple windows and tabs open at a time, good battery life, good graphics, doesn't overheat easily
    This thread is currently associated with: Microsoft
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    Anyone super familiar with the hp or acer laptops on offer this week(upper right hand corner page 1 of the electronics flyer)?

Would this work well for uni? Needs multiple windows and tabs open at a time, good battery life, good graphics, doesn't overheat easily
    You might want to try phoning the stores near you to see if any of them have one. If so, even if the person to whom you speak knows nothing about the product, you can ask for the model number and the other info on the box to be read to you. If you want to learn more, you can then try googling the model number.

Don't bother calling SDM customer service. I tried that last week when I wanted to find out about a tablet that was advertised, and basically got no farther than two suggestions of stores nearby to try calling.
    Last edited by Arjon; Sat, Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:35 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I don't know what the models are, but personally I'm not a fan of HP. I've gotten 2 in the past from Shoppers, because my dad and I needed new computers and after redemptions it was all we could afford. I found them just okay - kind of slow. I'm also kind of bias, because I've just had terrible luck with HP computers.

I don't know much about Acer, just that they are a discount brand. But I've had friends who've purchased their netbooks and liked them.

With any laptop, I'd suggest getting a laptop cooling fan that can sit underneath them - most laptops have the fans on the bottom, and that means when you're using them they are not getting a lot of circulation. You can get nice ones for fairly cheap.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Don't buy an HP, they won't honor the laptop warranty. I bought one and it was 4 months old and the battery wouldn't hold the charge and there were a couple of other issues. their call centre is in india. They told me it would cost me $120 plus tax and shipping for a new battery. When I said that it was covered by the warrenty they said they didn't care and there was nothing that I could do if they wouldn't honor it. now HP is banned from my home, I will never buy their products again.
    Poirot likes this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Thread Information