User Tag List

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree916Likes

Thread: August (already) 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

There is another new FreeFridays Old El Paso coupon available to order.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Walmart only carries the big spools of Gutermann thread now in Extra Strength or Strong/Jeans varieties or a wide variety of Coats threads (no green match for second apron). Found a blue spool to use on the MacGyvered blue apron (took off D-rings, sewed on Velcro tape sections, reinforced straps to top of apron, trimmed and halved the pocket and slanted the tops-thought I was awesome after sewing them on when I realized I turned the fabric upside down so coloured stripes don't match the colours on apron). Upside-the white lines on pockets are one row away from white lines on apron, so I consider it my pocket location technique! Mom was not thrilled with original blue apron and she suggested making two pockets out of the one and placing them more to the side. Done and done. Took too much time. Will wait on apron 2 until I get the right colour of thread and can do the same treatment to it.

Found a $1 coin in the parking lot and spent it on lottery. No win. Spotted new issue of local magazine freebie and took one.

We went through the bag of clothes someone provided her and only two items suited her. The rest of the clothing is going to Value Village tomorrow.
    barbis9 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Two of my green lettuce plants are bolting but have not really grown more leaves. Two other plants basically coasted without bolting so I pulled them out. Rosemary will be trimmed this week and put to use (focaccia or pizza).
    Natalka, Angela273 and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Dinner tonight included green beans, lettuce kale and tomatoes from the garden. So far this mont I have spent 4.00 on groceries but I have used 100.00 of PC points.
    Natalka, ROMEO, Angela273 and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner last night was ribs, corn on the cob and left over perogies from Sat night. Cost less then $6! (ribs were .99 lb!!) corn .15 cob and perogies were .88 for the bag. And we have lots of leftovers.

We have lots of fruitveggies to eat up this week so no shopping for me for the rest of the week.
    Natalka, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Hope you all enjoyed the long weekend... me, not so much - I'm really quite sick, won't go into the details here - but who the heck gets pneumonia in the summertime? (plus other crap!)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Save.ca has an FPC available for cranberry almond granola, but you'll need 3 mail to home coupons available. I barely had enough coupons to be able to order it because I just ordered the FreeFridays Old El Paso coupon yesterday.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Aww, that sucks Natalka. My husband was really under the weather yesterday, he slept the day away and felt a lot better this morning.
    Natalka, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

How much smoke in the air are you SCers in the Western provinces noticing due to the wildfires? The particulate irritates throats and messes up laundry and vehicles. Probably affects gardens if sunlight is blocked.

Morning is slow for me but I got the donated clothing to Value Village, did a can walk and hung the towels I put on a wash cycle just before I did my walk. Swept and washed the vinyl floor and washed the bathroom rug. Thinking of going to the Bay to buy a bra that is on sale (if my size is in stock) and more thread at Fabricland.

While I was making breakfast, I made a batch of smoothie for later consumption and washed and trimmed the remaining floppy celery. If it's not used in salad, I'll just blend it for my smoothie. Will see what fruits are on sale as my supply is almost gone. Mom put some of my apples to use in a cookie recipe as she needed some baked items for a funeral luncheon today.

Sunny cool and breezy day-my kind of summer weather!
    Angela273 and barbis9 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Ciel We haven't noticed much smoke down where we live. A few weeks ago we had some smoke issues from the wildfires, but no official advisory. The summer that I was pregnant with my twins, 2015, the smoke was bad. We spent a lot of time indoors due to poor air quality.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tonight I totally clean my bedroom to get it ready to be painted. This means organizing back to school stuff and Christmas (Bins in my room/closet) I have a bunch of boxes ready to sort stuff for sale and for donation. I have many containers of change that I need to sort/decide what they are for. I may spend them the next while to stock the house up on things for Fall/Winter.

I think we will have a garage sale on the 19th so I can start moving stuff to go to the garage. Will sort and price over the next 2 weeks and still try to post stuff online for sale (since I find I can sell for more online) I am motivated. I want less stuff.
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner tonight is leftovers with salad. I'm sure DS will be happy to eat ribs and corn on the cob. Oldest DS is away today and tonight so he will fend for himself.
    I will make oatmeal this evening for my breakfast. (will make it when I am cleaning up the kitchen. Still lots of room in the dishwasher so won't run it till tomorrow evening.
    Newfiescreech, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Every child is asleep! Even our son fell asleep on the couch and I carried him to his bed for a nap. I folded two loads of laundry and put away anything that didn't belong in their rooms. I did a few emails for volunteer stuff. I washed up all the dishes, trays, etc. from breakfast and lunch. I just submitted all my Pampers codes that had been waiting. Our twins are having a long nap because they both got up early this morning, but if they sleep too much longer I'll have to wake them.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Aug 8th, 2017 at 05:44 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Since I was feeling better, I did a 2 day road trip up to Alaska to enjoy the wildlife-so far bears, seals, marmots and eagles and lots of beautiful scenery-surprisingly it is very hot up here.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

wow, that's wonderful, lizzie - both for your mind and soul!

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information