User Tag List

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree916Likes

Thread: August (already) 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Bought my brotherR 2 New mattress covers, 2 New sets of sheets and a nice quilt with matching pillow shams for a "Welcome to your New Home" gift for when he moves in. We went to Wal-Mart and although I thought each item was reasonably priced, the bedding and a new toilet paper holder ( for the one he knocked off) came to over $250 dollars.
    ! Yikes!

Got grab bars and a new grab bar-role rack installed today as well as a new shower head which can be hand-held for me.

Things are beginning to look somewhat organized( or maybe I'm just getting used to the mess) . Finding new places for things when I am down a whole bedroom and several key pieces of furniture takes creativity.

Made supper tonight using up things from the cupboards and freezer. I have to get my brotherR's little freezer over here before Saturday because, besides picking up my brotherR's cat by meeting friends in London, I need to reclaim some frozen food which I have been storing in a friend's freezer since I left London.

My doggie Sadie will meet her new vet tomorrow and I will refill her " calming pills" which really help her in stressful situations.

I have to get over to the States soon to stock up on Excedrine Migraine which is only sold there and also to take advantage of their "If it fits-It ships" boxes to mail some things that I have discovered along the way that should go to DH's kids as memories.

Also to do a little shopping, I have to admit.

New home -first set of monthly bills-have to see how expensive gas and hydro will be.Well, have a frugal hump day - Don't forget the .67 hamburgers at McDonald's. I wonder if it will be worth the anticipated line-ups?
    Good night!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Tue, Aug 15th, 2017 at 11:40 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil- daughter has very good runners and she is hiking thru our trails -starts up the mountain and goes down to the golf course area(she bought herself a lovely long sleeve compression top and compression pants from the gap ) holds everything in and feels great she states plus she doesn't shower til she gets home -just her bad luck a wasp would sting her on the head -lol

-avoncalliny-my hubby went to the bank and wanted to pick up his mcdonalds coffee(he loves mcdonalds coffee)and he said forget it the line up was past the bank for drivethru and out the door for the front of the restarant -unreal he said -I remember years ago(like 30 some odd)(age 19 to 22) I worked at burger king and we had .25 cent hamburger day -man we just churned those hamburgers out busy all day -lol
    -one line of clothing hanging and watching Sebastian as daughter wanted to go to winners to look for back to work dresses and buy dough for the pizza she is going to make at her friends tonight,cut the front lawn and cant wait to go away (just hubby and I on thurs,friday and sat home around 1.00 sat )
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Aug 16th, 2017 at 07:32 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Bbq'd homemade burgers. Lots of leftovers so the boys can eat for lunch tomorrow and late night hunger!! I cleaned out the fridge today. It needed it. Off to clean up the kitchen and then taking the youngest and dog for a swim. Beautiful day today
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -oh stayed up til midnight and watched the dvd "lion" I got from the library such a good movie -I cried
    I read the book and was curious about the movie, thanks for posting.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I was supposed to have a new daycare boy start in September, his mom texted me last night and cancelled. She is violating the signed contract and I'm now scrambling to fill the spot. I'll be making changes to my daycare contract and policy. Sigh, not much I can do about it now.

Twin girl refused to nap today, so she crashed right after supper. I took our two boys for a walk to his school park. We picked up 6 cans and 2 bottles (without labels so SARCAN won't give us a refund), most of these were on school property.

Todays lunch: wiener and bean soup
    Tonight's supper: deer roast (pre-cooked and in the freezer), jarred horseradish, boiled garden potatoes with butter and fresh dill, coleslaw, garden peas, fresh sliced peach, and a glass of milk.

We were just invited out to Mr. Mikes to celebrate a friend's birthday, but that place isn't kid friendly. Dh wants me to try to book a babysitter for a couple hours. It'll be expensive, but we are somewhat obligated to attend. Now I'll need to plan some kind of supper for our kids and the babysitter.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Aug 16th, 2017 at 10:04 PM.
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I went to RCSS tonight after dropping DS and the dog off at home. Wanted to grab a few cucumbers for salad/side for DS and more AXE products. Got a rain check too so will get more shampoo if the boys like it. I'm trying to stock us up on items like this when sale and coupons make it a deal.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning ladies-off at 10.00 a.m after daughter leaves cant wait to have 2 days to ourselves (hubby and I )will be back on sat at some point -I will talk then
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday afternoon around suppertime seemed ideal for cutting the grass, so I did. Headache did not disappear until that time and I did have a wine spritzer with lunch and a milk chocolate bar earlier-neither one knocked the headache. It was a bop and rumble across the head. Hope today's rain is the end of that dance. Not feeling too much today beyond the aches of pushing a mower around.

Did window shopping at Winners and Longos-both carry Sistema containers. The Winners Sistema salad container with utensils is $6.99 (checkout maze of impulse buys) vs. $12.99 at Longos. Both stores carry insulated lunch bags-had fun checking the compartments. I am not sure who'd want to buy a plasic silo looking R2D2 droid bag for $19.99(Longos; also a small teardrop shaped black kit with Darth Vader image)-without the cardboard insert to keep the dome up, it does not look sturdy for a full lunch of food items. Saw a preview of Home Outfitters flyer for Friday-return of the BOGO 50% off lunch container promotion including Sistema.

By the way, Home Outfitters will have a Senior's Day (55+) tomorrow-15% off purchases (with some exclusions).

I was near the Walmart McDonald's at about 11am but there was no rush/lineup at the counter. I did not buy a burger (short of funds) but brother did for supper (3 burgers). He was not impressed with them.

Walmart also has a wide variety of lunch containers including the Rubbermaid lunchblox-handy given the coupon in the Live Better magazine plus one of the coupon inserts mentioned on the SC blog yesterday.

I found a dime and two refundable containers on my walks yesterday.

The PC Financial customers all saw the thread @Shwa Girl posted about the bank's change to Simplii brand in November in the Personal Finance section?
    Angela273, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My protein powder level is now in the bottom 1/3 of the container. Made a peach/green apple smoothie batch last night-had half for some breakfast today. Definitely not a fan of peach/apple combo. Need to find fruit deals for next week so the powder can be made to disappear.

Random wish to figure out a way to do the CNE this year (second weekend is my dream)-there are so many interesting things to see and do. Oh and to get a pic by the CNE letters (Twitter post last night showed they are by the fountain (I had photos taken there about 10 yr ago) near the Better Living Centre-west end of grounds).
    Today is the last day to save on admission deals for the Ex if you purchase cards at stores.
    barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Started the day off cleaning out DS's dresser drawers. Too small undies and damaged clothes put under sink for rags. Piles started for sale. I also grabbed my Christmas bin and took everything out to see what I have. A very good start. Think I should just buy an outfit for my niece and I am done her. I have lots for the oldest so far. (Electric razor, leather wallet, nail kit ( he plays guitar and his nails grow fast so he is always looking for the clippers lol) I have tree decoration for each kid too. Lots of stocking stuffer too which is great since I find they cost lots ( I don't buy junk) so happy I am smart and grab stuff/deals as I see them. Need some ideas for my man so I can start shopping for him.

Took DS to the beach arcade ( it has rained a bit today and is overcast) so we skipped the outdoor flea market today). Stopped at 2 thrift stores on way home. Found a book for DS. Now back to some sorting and tossing junk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Ciel you could submit the receipt for lunch containers to Caddle and receive 50c back. I still need to buy snack sized containers for our son's school lunches.
    barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I have not registered for Caddle as yet, but it's good to know there are related offers for back to school needs! Hope you find deals for your son's containers, @Angela273 ! I will have another look at the other Winners to see the Sistema assortment there as well. A mall visit to Home Outfitters will have to wait for next week.

Sky is shining or going overcast every few minutes. First day of the Canadian National Exhibition-certainly breezy enough to keep crowds walking and playing and laughing for the day. Mississauga has Italfest starting today as well (Celebration Square near Square One). If anyone is going to the Tiger Cats game in Hamilton, there will be two flypasts of a Hercules aircraft over the field tonight.

I did spot one empty bottle after a trip to the beer store to return three other containers. Then on the return trip home, I found a 5th container-pity I had not seen it on the way to the store the first time. My umbrella refused to open the third time I needed it up so I had to hold it open. Guess I have to replace it with a new one--don't like struggles with an umbrella during heavy rain!

I had to launder my clothing and shoes after walking in three quick downbursts yesterday afternoon. Put my shoes on the drying rack outside (had newspaper stuffed in shoes last night) to finish the drying process. Glad I mailed the coupons from the inserts to a friend, so the mail is on its way. Brother purchased some Costco sized bags of snacks and I am enjoying the Munchies snack.

My grocery list will be written up-it's getting longer and the produce has just about been consumed. Still working on the second head of lettuce purchased a week ago but high temps make salad so appealing as a meal option. Finished the other half of the morning smoothie as well.

The Ancaster Michaels store had its grand opening (it moved into the former Homesense building next door) today. A separate 2 page flyer with coupons specific to the Meadowlands store was in the community paper. Today there are hourly prizes. I did not attend the 8:45am opening nor stand in the line to get one of the 100 gift cards. Hope crafters like the new store.

I don't know if Longos Ancaster put the new coupon in all Hamilton papers but there is one for a package of their burgers free ($7.99 value) wus $75 this weekend at the Ancaster store. I saw the coupon in the Ancaster News proper so check your Hamilton News or Stoney Creek or Dundas Star News for the ad.
    Angela273, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

My brotherB brought over my brotherR' s mini-freezer in prep for brother R moving in. Just the right size for a corner in the dining room. Going to London tomorrow to pick up frozen food that has been stored there and Brother R' s cat who has been taken care of while he has been in respite care. So the highly anticipated meeting of canine and feline will occur tomorrow afternoon. Then the real fun begins!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Fri, Aug 18th, 2017 at 11:10 PM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It looks like the weather forecast is hot and windy tomorrow, but at least it won't be raining. We plan on having a big garage sale tomorrow. I need to sort through some more kids clothes to add to the sale. I also labeled different garden produce and have Gatorade in the fridge. Our son will also sell frozen freezies, which will be great with the 27C forecast. We have earmarked the money raised from tomorrow's garage sale to pay for our son's gymnastics. His gymnastics rdgistration is coming up on Tuesday evening and it has increased in cost again.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Packed and almost ready to go on our family vacation. My parents took the dog so that saves a lot in kennel fees. I had left overs for dinner and we are renting a cottage for the week so we will bring the bits of produce that would go bad while we are away.
    I took advantage of the sobeys promo for Canadian Tire GCs. My cashier said she had people buying 3000.00 worth. I only bought 300.00 for gas. She was happy to know they could be used on gas so she was going up pick some up. I debated more but with the unknown of DHs employment this felt safe.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information