User Tag List

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree916Likes

Thread: August (already) 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Finished off the chicken tonight and had the rest of the mini potatoes that were left and carrots and sweet potato. Added some turkey gravy. Then for dessert slices of the bumbleberry pie that I had picked up half price the other day as the crust was a little broken. So it was an orange and white supper with purple for dessert.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We went to see KISS last night. What a show! Free show. Free dinner. And came home with $605.00 extra! Pretty good night!!! Today we go boating with friends. Better get up and pack.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hi ladies -just got back at 1.00 p.m hubby and I'm stayed 2 nights in goderich,ont and we visited bayfield too -such lovely towns and so nice to have 2 days just to ourselves -went to farmers market before coming home -had great snacks at culberts bakery -best crème puffs hands down -had a lovely lunch in bayfield on a patio last night we brought pizza back to our room (mind you I never slept in til 7.00 a.m as I would have liked we even stayed at a hotel with memory beds and comfy pillows (new designer hotel 3 years old)I guess I still subcontiously think about my daughter and all that is going on in my life ,oh and a lovely breakfast was free in our hotel too ,now doing laundry .
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The garage sale was a lot of work, but we only made $72.50. I also sold another $8 in garden veggies. Our son made about $5 by selling freezies. The shed looks better, so that's good. I helped my neighbour get a free loveseat for her teenage son, she insisted on paying Dh $20 for the use of his truck and helping to move it.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Aug 21st, 2017 at 05:50 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Great to read of members' weekend adventures!
    @Coupon_girl -a travel blogger I follow recently was in Goderich too and he was impressed with one place-maybe it's the same one you were at? http://www.stefanrtw.com/samuels-hotel-goderich-review/
    Just saw a second place he wrote about in Goderich that I hadn't read: http://www.stefanrtw.com/benmiller-inn-spa-goderich/
    So pleased you enjoyed your visit there!
    @Angela273 -every bit of money helps and it was kind of your neighbour to show appreciation for DH's time/truck for the sofa you found for her son. Hope your weekend monies helped to reduced what you will pay for the gymnastics fees. @lilo0003 -good tip share with the cashier. You made her a Smart Canuck with the gift card news. @Frugalbigmama - Your outings seem to have lots of fun! KISS - I remember when the band had trading cards in gum packs years ago. For a time my brother and his friend were into the band.

I did some walks yesterday and got 11 cans and 1 big glass bottle plus found a nickel. With coins I had on hand, I purchased two $1 scratch tickets (each from a different store) but no wins. Lost my little hand sanitizer bottle somewhere (have an idea where based on last application of the solution). Still questing to win lotto cash to try for CNE outing next weekend. What a downpour after 12pm-it was like the sky let loose to vent. Glad rest of afternoon seemed dry despite lurking rain clouds drifting overhead.

Today will be muggy-want the breeze to be as swift as it was yesterday.
    Last edited by Ciel; Sun, Aug 20th, 2017 at 10:51 AM.
    Angela273, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Ciel I took pictures of some select items while they were out of the shed. I have 2 people coming st noon today to buy $38 in items. I have another person coming tomorrow for another $10, she lives out of town. One more person wants a different $5 item. I have "next" people on what two of these people are coming to buy. So if everything goes as planned, I'll make another $53. I still have some extra tomatoes too. My garden is struggling with calcium deficiency, or else I would have even more produce.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Aug 20th, 2017 at 02:35 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Went to a local car show yesterday followed by a street fair. Ended up going to dinner at a local steakhouse with friends of the family from out of town and they insisted on picking up the tab for everyone! Came home exhausted!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Coupon girl: I did a day trip to Bayfield earlier this summer with my mom and her sisters, it was lovely. If you have time in Goderich on another trip I highly recommend the museum and the jail. The museum is such a hidden gem. We were camping at the Pinery years go and needed to entertain the boys on a rainy day. The museum was a huge hit with all of us.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Say, @Frugalbigmama , were you aware of Gene Simmons' show on August 25 at Caesars Windsor? http://windsorstar.com/news/local-ne...-what-he-wants

Breezy afternoon so I went on some walks. 50 cents in containers found today-no lotto purchase, but I did get a clearance chocolate bar. Spotted some tape deals in clearance--I'll see if I can obtain them next week.
    barbis9 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Yummy dinner cooked at the cottage we have rented. So far all meals have been prepared here which is always frugal, had to be a bit inventive without the usual kitchen staples.
    Now sitting on the deck watching the boaters.
    Last edited by lilo0003; Sun, Aug 20th, 2017 at 07:07 PM.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil -nope I didn't stay at any of those hotels(was looking at benmiller inn but it was all booked ) -I stayed at dreamz inn -lovely place for sure nice and new hardwood floors ,nice pool ,hot tub and free breakfast
    just had a bbq with fresh Ontario potatoes and corn and yellow zucchini all from the farmers market in goderich
    did three loads today am doing more laundry since daughter and Sebastian have been here most of the summer
    -oh lilo we did see the museum and the goal jail 16.95 for both for hubby and I -the museum was so awesome loved it ,hubby enjoyed the jail for sure
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Aug 20th, 2017 at 07:40 PM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

What a fantastic day on Georgian Bay! Spent so much time in the water and had bad boat hair. And bit of a burn too but so worth it! Will sleep like a baby tonight.
    Will have to do a bit of housework in morning then a fun day out.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today is my daycare girl's first day back from holidays. I also have my summer daycare boy. Next week is his last week that he is scheduled to be here. im keeping all the kids inside until after their naps, the solar eclipse will be over by then.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am off for a bike ride-I figure being outdors will have me notice the eclipse making it darker. DH is down in Wyoming hopefully seeing the total eclipse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

All 4 items were sold and picked up, plus the garage sale for a grand total of $125.50. I now have too much change, so I might see if the corner store will help me exchange it for some bills, since I won't have the chance to get to the bank. Some people are asking for baby clothes, so I might dig out those size boxes now that there is more room in the shed. I might arrange some sales, but I expect people to come and look for themselves. I've sorted, taken pictures for people, then they never bought a single item of baby clothing. That drives me nuts.

All 4 young children took a nap at the same time today. I took the opportunity to spend some time with our son, accomplish things on the computer, and clean up from lunch.

Tonight's supper plan is oven baked chicken thighs, potato salad, pan fried zucchini with yellow pear tomatoes, sliced cucumber and carrots.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Aug 21st, 2017 at 06:00 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information