User Tag List

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree916Likes

Thread: August (already) 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thank you all. I'll give dragon that big scratch Nat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    @saundyl Oh, so very sorry for your loss, it's heartbreaking. Big for you, and give Dragon a big scratch behind the ears for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    @saundyl . Hugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    @saundyl . Hugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @saundyl -I'm sorry to read of the loss of one family pet. Very sad news.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @saundyl , so sorry to hear about you fur babies passing.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Bun toss at me. I erred on the Sobeys Customer appreciation date. Sobeys Ancaster has it on Tuesday, September 5 from 9-11am. The October one is on Tuesday, October 3 with same hours. (The list was on a rack near the veggie burger section in-store and I picked one up and realized I was wrong about the date).
    Newfiescreech and Angela273 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Friday and Saturday turned out to be heartbreaking and expensive. One of our dogs scootee, had fallen off the couch last Saturday and thought he had hurt himself because he was moving stiff. Sunday he wouldn't eat food unless we added water. Then Monday he refused to eat. Tuesday we were at the lake and he was back to normal running playing chasing birds n sticks n swimming. Ate normal too and tried to mooch from me. The only abnormal was he had peed by the French doors in our bedroom before bf had taken him to the lake. Wednesday was normal eating but he had 3 accidents on our room and 2 in the kitchen bf said he was moving stiff and thought he didn't want out because the stairs were hurting... Thursday he refused to eat except one price of roast beef. Drank tons of water. And gad more accidents. We put him in the entrance way with his bed so he didn't try the stairs, have accidents or fall off the couch again. Friday morning he refused to even drink.

We made an emergency 5 hour drive to the nearest vet. Only to find out he had a very agressive tumor on his spleen cutting off the digestive system. He might make it thru surgery but it would be back within a couple weeks on his liver lungs or brain and he might make it 2 more months in pain. We had to make the decision to have him put to sleep or attempt a surgery. Just from the way the vet talked....surgery sounded like a painful short time for him and we decided for his sake it was time to say good bye. We paid to hace scooter cremated so will get his ashes in a month. We both and dragon were there for him in his last moments.

Hoteled it for the night and came home with one pup instead of 2. Dragon seems at a loss and has been pretty close to me all day.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Hi Saundyl ..im so Sorry to hear news about you dog 🐶.. sending my condolences to you and your family ..take good care yourself sweetie

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Saundyl so sorry for you loss
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have a feeling today is going to be a very long day as I did not sleep well last night and had to meet a co worker at 6:30 before we opened to go over something. I think I finally fell asleep around 3 and was up at 5:30.

Got everything I had planned to do, done yesterday so that is good. I had been planing on picking 1 things a night to tackle around the house but we will have to see how tonight goes. I also need to go grocery shopping which seems like such an easy task but when you have to be home by 4:30 to get a parking spot it can be tricky. It would appear the property management company has given up and has stopped communicating with the board, my suggestion is a new property management company but that isn't my call. I have to admit I have been looking at house, I am so over this living situation. We now have 1 unit with 5 cars and you are only given 1 space and 4 of the 5 cars do not seem to leave, I heard none of them work and that is why they are living there is they cannot afford rent and are living there rent free.

Alright well time to get back to work took a quick break now time to see what I must tackle today. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I picked another 5 cups of ripe yellow pear and cherry tlmatoes this morning. The tomatoes haven't been selling very well, so I plan on making first small batch of tomato sauce for the freezer. I still have one bag of freezer tomato sauce from last season. I'd better get it into the meal plans. I have more apples to chop and freeze. I find them somewhat sour, so I don't want to make apple sauce.

Tonight's supper plan is corn on the Cobb, potato salad, oven baked pork steak, cucumber slices, and unsweetened apple sauce.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Aug 28th, 2017 at 02:09 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela 273 -sour apples probably can still be made into sauce. If you have any ripe or overly sweet pears, one sweet pear will sweeten a batch of apples (it works on Granny Smith apples I get in the reduced produce section) cooking for sauce. Give it a try so you can get your sauce made.
    @sassy Ashley -oh, I had hoped the tenants with too many cars either found paid parking elseswhere. sold them, or the board would have had a towing company given permission to take the cars off the property. Make sure you are recording all the dates you have contacted either the property management or board about the ongoing issue where other tenants are not following the rules. Guess now is not the time to put your house up for sale and move to a standalone property? I'm sure you have considered it during your crochet or cooking sessions while you were doing your activities.
    Would it be possible for you to get Loblaws or Walmart to do your grocery order for pickup on the way home, so that time is saved for you?

Fortino's lists pure vanilla extract at $5.49-I assume all Loblaws banner stores will charge the same for the small bottle. No stock at my store. It did have the low sodium soy sauce so got that and 2 pkg of Eggo waffles (used two 50 cent off coupons) and a squeeze bottle of pizza sauce-cool nights might mean pizza for supper soon.

Did have a 20 cent bottle and two more containers to add to my returns at the beer store today. Deposited the change in my account-have $2.25 to go to cover the Sept. fee. Want that covered by end of August.

On the weekend, the Shoe Lovers reward program emailed me a coupon for 1000 extra points on any purchase across 4 store brands for period into September. Recalling that I found a good colour of tights at Designer Shoe Warehouse, I am keen for Mom to stock up if the new tights and colours are in. It was hard to find larger sizes after Christmas. Seems to me most stores are stuck in dk gray, brown or black mode with a sprinkling of navy and maybe one other hue for plain tights or have a fancy patterned tight for dressy occasions. Printed off the offer at the library and will add the store to my shopping list for a look later this week.

I found the bison cookbook at my library and I'm not going to make caramelized onions (one hour of cooking beyond the slicing effort). The steak is just under an inch thick-will use a Dutch oven pot to cook it later today. Not a fan of cast-iron (too heavy) pots/pans. There's a round cast iron pan with raised ridges that would have been perfect to use if it had been kept seasoned and it was not heavy. If I attempt to cook the steak to well-done, I read it will be tough and dry. I have peas to cook and the spring mix salad to go with the steak. Mom would like a specific wine today-fortunately the nearby store has stock but I need to know if she wants white or red.

Happy to have a breezy, sunny day. Not too hot so it's ideal for getting around. And of course, construction resumed at one place on the detour route after what seemed to be several weeks of no activity. Vehicle pinball between parked vehicles on both sides of road-bit scary for a pedestrian.
    Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I am pretty much ready for back to school. Just need to take DS to Sportchek tomorrow or Wednesday night to get indoor shoes. He can where the runners he has now for outdoor runners (he has lived in sandals all summer so his runners are as new
    We haven't gone shopping for clothing at all. I will take him when he is ready. He wanted to get a few new items. No rush. Sounds like it will be a nice fall so I am thinking he will be wearing shorts the 1st month at least.

Dinner tonight- My wonderful man texted me earlier saying he had it planned. He is working on it now since he was offer early.
    Tonight while cleaning the kitchen after dinner I will make eggs for the next few days breakfast (Toasted English muffin with egg and cheese) I made the oldest and I each one this morning then dropped him off at work on my way to work.
    I made up snack bags last night of snap peas, almonds and pumpkin seeds. Makes it easy for me to grab on my way out the door. I also boiled some eggs for the week. Tonight I will make oatmeal and try prepping a few mason jar salads
    Angela273, Ciel and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I started the tomato sauce during nap time. Our son helped me remove the stems and wash the tomatoes. I showed him the steps along the way and he thought it was pretty cool. I put it through my seive and then into 4 labeled zippered bags. I lay the zippered bags flat in the bottom of an icecream bucket, and then into the freezer. I have found that this protects the bags from getting banged around or misplaced in the freezer. This bucket is about 1/3 full of flavourful tomato sauce.
    Name:  IMG_4732.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  359.3 KB
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Aug 28th, 2017 at 08:02 PM.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama We need to check if our son fits his indoor shoes from Pre-K or if his feet grew and he needs new shoes. He also needs a pair of headphones. He has all the new required school supplies, bookbag, lunch kit, sandwich containers, small lunch containers, and water bottle. He has lots of clothes and jackets. There is a big corner of a shelf stacked high with boxes of nut free snacks that I picked up free or cheap: Mott's apple sauce pouches, fruit to go bars, nutrigrain bars, granola bars, and snacks that can be divided into baggies, pretzels, corn chips, dried cranberries, etc. Of course I plan on baking and packing fresh fruits and veggies, but it's good to have the variety of grab and go snacks too.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

saundle sorry about your dear pet
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ciel one of the joys of small town living is we do not have any of those pick up and go services. Wal-Mart for me is further then the store I need to go to and our local one does not offer pick up service. The closest one to offer pick up service is about 30 to 45 minutes away.

I ended up just going home after work last night I was feeling extremely sick by the end of the day, thinking I caught whatever Mom had last week and grocery shopping just was not happening. I am trying to talk Mom into going tonight as we were supposed to go tomorrow on her day off but a co worker now has her baking desserts for the co worker's brother's wedding this weekend so I know tomorrow is not an option. Just irks me that these little things become such a hassle not to mention it has not happened to me but I have heard from a couple of neighbours now that the 2 units (which are related) and both have at least 3 cars per unit are harassing people about parking and trying to tell them what they can and cannot do. If only I could move but I need the housing market to cool off a little more as I would either have to buy a house needing a lot of renos within my budget or push my budget for a move in ready and to be honest I beyond sick of well it will do for now mentality some in my family have. I am sick of making it work so I want to pick out a house I want to live in and won't just be oh well it can work for now.

Alright well better get back to work I am trying to teach myself how to build brochures for an upcoming projects all I can say is I love YouTube as I have never worked with these programs before. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Grabbed all my snacks and my lunch that I packed but forgot breakfast! So had my boiled egg and now am eating snap peas.

I will put laundry on tonight and hang to dry. Also want to hit RCSS to buy more Boneless skinless chicken breast. My freezer is finally organized and we have really used up lots of stuff so time to start stocking up again. I do need to check my mom's freezer and grab what I have there ( a few turkeys and whole chickens). We have lots of roasts and the turkeys to use up for September Sunday night dinners with lots of leftovers
    Angela273, Ciel and lizzie bargain like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

DH and I are gearing up to drive DD to Vancouver on Friday and help her move her stuff into residence on Saturday morning-Staying with my niece on Fri night which is frugal and then staying in Bellingham, Washington at a hotel and shopping Sat night which is not!! Oh well might as well make a small holiday of it too. It continues to be a hot, dry summer here so I welcome the cool evenings. I am about 95% recovered from my back injury( thank goodness) and can do most of the things I want to do. Have just started to work again with little ones and I seem to be able to lift them etc-nice to get back to a pretty much normal routine.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

lizzie - so great that you are doing so well!

G'day everyone - heat wave going on here. I'm still not all better - one day at a time.

Great news is that my husband's recovery is going wonderfully!

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information