User Tag List

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Like Tree916Likes

Thread: August (already) 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well daughter went home this morning with Sebastian -she has to take him to daycare to give them the cheques for the year,poor little Sebastian has his mommy's cold now he woke up the past 2 days at 3.30 and 4.30 a.m of course nana heard him and I didn't get back to sleep so a little sleep deprived here,i had Ashlyn yesterday also and she is jealous around Sebastian grabs his toys etc then she hit me so I sent her upstairs ,today she is here and playing playdoh all by herself very good .I promised her I would take her to swimming at the local pool
    then a day to relax on Thursday
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump day! Nice week here weather wise. Will be going for a walk with my friend and the twins tonight . DS and I went for a walk last night. Making myself go every night. Then we are off to Discovery Harbour for their weekly Ghost walk that we haven't made it to yet this summer. Catching the last one for the summer!

Tonight's dinner will be quick since I cooked tons of chicken last night to do us the next few days.

My freezer has a nice variety now that I bought 4 family trays of BLSL chicken and also 3 trays of the drumsticks that are on at No Frills for under $2LB. Was lucky and found the 3 with 30% off stickers. One whole chicken doesn't go far with the kids (or my man for that matter since they are all big eaters) so we decided it would be great to cook up a package of drumsticks with the whole chicken. Now I just need steak! Will grab some on my next redemption at SDM which will be soon since I have the itch to redeem.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I sold another $2 of dill plants. Another person is buying zucchinis for $4. My rhubarb plant is growing slowly with all this heat, a lady is waiting for $10 worth.

I have zucchinis that beed need to be grated by hand and put in the freezer to use later. I have some grated zucchini in the freezer that needs used up. I'm thinking about making a pot of home made soup, even though Dh doesn't like soups very much. I just started soaking a small amount of beans in the fridge. I want to use last year's frozen tomatoes and grated zucchinis, I'll add some other veggies and seasonings, maybe some noodles too. It might be lunch for the kids tomorrow, if they like it.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Aug 30th, 2017 at 06:03 PM.
    Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Finally did our grocery shopping last and it cost a little more then I would have liked but I found a lot of pantry staples were on sale so we stocked up.

At Food Basics we got mostly produce which included:
    Cucumbers
    Mangos
    Cauliflower
    Lettuce
    Peaches
    Bananas
    Onions
    Carrots
    Peppers
    50 lbs of Tomatoes for Mom to can
    Also at Food Basics we grabbed Cheese, Broth and Kraft Dinner

Then at Zehrs (normally do not shop here but they had some great deals this week) we got:
    Cakes Mixes (love these especially for quick need something for meeting tomorrow fixes)
    Cottage Cheese
    Chai Tea
    Bagels (Great find, they were on clearance for 50% plus on sale)
    Broth (wanted it here as we had PC points but grabbed a couple at Food Basics in case they were out as I needed them this weekend and they were same price at both)
    Pasta Sauce

We also used some of the money we have made from selling stuff online to buy new Kitchen Knives at Canadian Tire, they had a Cuisine Art set on sale for 65% and our current knives are ones I actually won at a golf tournament probably about 10 years ago. We will have our existing set sharpened and use as a back up.

We have started to make a list of things we need to buy and which we will budget for and which will be bought using money we make selling items around our house. Still to be bought using money we make selling items is a new kitchen faucet and a cart for the dinning room to hold our fruits and veg. We waiting for a sale to buy both of these we have decided we are no hurry and can wait. Same with our new couch and hutch (we have budgeted the money and have it set aside) but will wait for a sale and then purchase. We budgeted full price so it will be nice to not spend it all and be able to move that money forward.

Alright well off to be a photographer the samples that were requested came in yesterday so off to make them look pretty. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have the soup started on the stove. I want to finish cooking it before I take the kids outside to play in the water table.

Today is my summer daycare boy's last day in my care. His dad told me this morning that he's being picked up early this afternoon to go swimming.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Crazy - last day of the month!

I'm making a master shopping list, but probably won't be getting much more than dire essentials.
    Husband is doing really, really well - and though he's eating, it's not much. And since I can't taste, or things taste gross to me, or I can't keep them down - I'm really not eating.

Enjoy whatever the day brings you!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Natalka thank you for the update.

The beans took took very long to cook, so we went outside to play while it simmered on the stove. The beans were soaked over night and simmered for 3hrs, but I still don't love their texture. I don't know if it's the variety or just what. The soup has the final ingredients and is simmering away. My daycare boy was picked up at noon, so I gave my kids a snack since the soup wasn't done yet.

I'm thinking about taking my kids out with me this afternoon, after my daycare boy gets picked up. CO-OP has extra lean ground beef on sale for $3.49/lb and they have the small La Grill sauce packets for less than $2 each - $3 coupon (last day). I'll grab a few basics and shop different sales in the coming week. My kids enjoy the freebies at the CO-OP, when I take them.

I'll fill up my van while I'm on that side of town, before the prices jump too much.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Aug 31st, 2017 at 02:47 PM.
    Natalka, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hope you fell better Natalka
    Natalka, Angela273 and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Summer sniffles caught up with me! Woke up with sore tonsil after 3am. Have a slightly runny right nostril at present.

Did three walks yesterday for cans-found a dime and quarter in the evening plus 3 cans, 5 cans in 2nd walk and added a 6th container to my morning returns. When I left the bank yesterday, it occurred to me the balance was off by $1 then realized I spent that sum on a lotto ticket. So I made sure to get money in today and Sept fee is officially covered. Noticed I somehow did manage to find at least one of each kind of Cdn coin this month-rare event with $1 and $2 to boot. Will post my August Other Money totals in a moment. Realized I had not set up Sept. expense table so did that.

Mailed two greeting cards. Stopped in at Food Basics and noticed Haagen Daaz ice cream included the Spirit varieties for the $3.88 sale-bought the rum ginger cookie flavour, as I have ice cream cones to use. Fortinos-noticed the 2 for $4 or $2 each Blue Diamond nut milk sale continues and got 1 carton. The Sept issues of Alive and Sage magazine are in stock at Natural Foods dept.

I have not seen our community paper bundle as yet. Will check the mailbox to see if I need to add anything to my list from the flyers for next week.

By the way, I saw in the Shoppers clearance section by the post office, a selection of blingy fashion watches with large red 50% off sale sign until Sept. 15. $19.99 regular prices for most of the women's watches in that section. Check your store to see if a similar offer exists.
    The umbrella stand at my Shoppers has a Joe Fresh sign on it. Has the Stylize brand been dropped for JF? I see the Stylize umbrellas including the last patterned one I had.

I have a library book on Adobe Creative Suite of programs. The goal is to find essential basics regarding how to digitize film negatives so I can book a Makerspace timeslot and get that task done.

A few things in September have to be noted and done-will try to feel inspired to set some date deadlines. Need to get some stationery supplies (stamps, wrapping paper) stocked too. I am looking forward to flipping the wall calendar pages tonight to September. Courage to all the parents who have to get school students back on routines this weekend!
    Angela273 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Natalka -do you happen to have a fancy wine glass or rocks glass or brandy balloon glass? I suggest putting it into use for any liquids you are able to drink/sip while you recover to make the journey a little more celebratory. It will give you some cheer to look at it as well. That's really tough that you are not able to taste food right now. Can you take some yogurt in one of the little cups?

Has Milan or another relative been checking in with you daily to see how both you and DH are feeling?
    Natalka and Angela273 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 -have you tried leaving the beans overnight on the counter to soak? Maybe the cold air of the fridge did not allow the water to penetrate the beans well enough for cooking. Mom usually leaves the beans in a covered Dutch oven pot on the counter with water then in the morning, she will change the water before cooking the beans.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @Natalka -do you happen to have a fancy wine glass or rocks glass or brandy balloon glass? I suggest putting it into use for any liquids you are able to drink/sip while you recover to make the journey a little more celebratory. It will give you some cheer to look at it as well. That's really tough that you are not able to taste food right now. Can you take some yogurt in one of the little cups?

Has Milan or another relative been checking in with you daily to see how both you and DH are feeling?
    Fancy glass not a bad idea! Oh, believe me - I've tried many, many foods - and not even any of my 'junk' favourites are appealing, let alone have taste. It's really, really bizarre.

Milan is here every day to check up on us, help us out, etc. Plus between times by phone if we need. He's been absolutely amazing - and that's with him trying to get his own life back on track.
    He's moved out to an acreage (same couple he has been living with here in the city, bought it and wanted him to move with them) - so he's not quite the quick 10 minutes away any longer, but more like 40 I think.

To everyone, thanks SO much for your well wishes!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @Angela273 -have you tried leaving the beans overnight on the counter to soak? Maybe the cold air of the fridge did not allow the water to penetrate the beans well enough for cooking. Mom usually leaves the beans in a covered Dutch oven pot on the counter with water then in the morning, she will change the water before cooking the beans.
    I soaked these beans over night on the counter last time I used them, and had the same problem. The bag says to soak and then cook for 45-60min, but I exceeded the cooking time and they still weren't as soft as I wanted.
    Ciel likes this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Bundt cake that uses shredded zucchini from the Martha Stewart team.

Feeling hot (throat- I used my forearm to verify I was rather warm/hot because my hands are cold) and cold (arms and legs) tonight-put on another top to keep warm. I stopped drinking diluted pop and made myself eat a bowl of salad at suppertime, then have stayed with water as my cold moves through its phases.
    Mom is now open to the idea of smoothies--we'll see if celery/banana/hemp protein with added cinnamon works for her.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Aww It'll take time for him to adjust. Our cats are in good health, but they are 10 and 11 years old. I sometimes wonder how they will handle it if one passes.
    Dragon is 11. Scooters 11th birthday was coming up in December. Dragon has been spending a lot of time cuddled up beside me but has been pretty content so far and wagging like crazy when we talk to her

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information