User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By kacollie
  • 1 Post By kacollie
  • 1 Post By mulock
  • 1 Post By kacollie
  • 1 Post By MillieH

Thread: Free digital gift cards for photos of itemized receipts??? Real?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

One of my friends seen an add for this on Facebook, seems too good to be true? Free amazon, walmart and starbucks gift cards for taking photos of receipts? So what's stopping me from taking photos of anyones receipts?

It's called Frezy Rewards, odd name.

I did some digging and something like this exists in the U.S. but it isn't available in Canada yet called Receipt Hog.

Anyone else think this is a scam? I can't find much about it online. Would be awesome if it was legit, but how on earth could they make money? Could be an early Christmas!
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com, Starbucks, Walmart
    Last edited by kacollie; Wed, Aug 16th, 2017 at 10:02 AM.
    dededi likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I posted this on the site previously, but in the wrong spot I think? #NEWB

So, one of my friends seen an add for this on Facebook, seems too good to be true? Free amazon
    , walmart and starbucks gift cards for taking photos of receipts? So what's stopping me from taking photos of anyones receipts?

It's called Frezy Rewards, odd name.

I did some digging and something like this exists in the U.S. but it isn't available in Canada yet called Receipt Hog.

Anyone else think this is a scam? I can't find much about it online. Would be awesome if it was legit, but how on earth could they make money? Could be an early Christmas! Or could be used to at least fund some presents
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'd place my bet on "Not real."

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey Mulock, I was born in halifax! Thanks for the feedback, yeah it seems they are in collecting email mode. I'm hoping it's for an actual product launch eventually. I use this other app called Drop Loyalty, which seems similar, but it takes a while to accumulate points and it asks you to login with your banking info, which is a littttttle bit personal.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would never provide my banking info to a company/etc that I am not familiar with. Too risky.
    Poirot likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeah I was a little hesitant too at first too, but the rewards are pretty good. In a year, I've already received $60 worth of Amazon gift cards, while not really changing my spending habits.
    Horndogg likes this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

No its not a good deal.. @tricksbite .. if they are giving you amazon gift cards why would they need to know your banking info..
    Poirot likes this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Thread Information