• 1 Post By johnb56789
  • 2 Post By nouveau_visage
  • 1 Post By Arjon
  • 2 Post By nalaric

Thread: Bonus points on products + Bonus points on transaction WUS$50

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    58 (98%)

I am planning on buying the BIC Soleil shavers. There is a promo where when you buy 2, you get 2000 bonus points. I also have a personalized offer for 12000 bonus points WUS $50.

Will I be able to get both bonus points on the shavers as well as the bonus points on the transaction?

Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Ciel likes this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

From all of my experiences at SDM, these offers should combine since one is an in store and the other is a personal. I know there are combinations of personal offers that will not work and some that will.

Also, If your shoppers accepts print coupons, I would suggest visiting Smartsource for a $3 coupon WUB and Bic Soleil product (2pk or more), use multiple browsers to get the most coupons and the best value possible!!

At the highest redemption level, it would work out as the following...

Bic Soleil (8): $55.92 = $63.19(ON) - $24.00(8 @ $3) - $14.34(2000/2 @ $170 Redemption) - $21.51(12000 WUS $50 @ $170 Redemption) = $3.34
    *Even better value still if you wait until a bonus redemption *
    Ciel, luvs2shop and Anna Michele like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    58 (98%)

Thanks johnb56789!! Your calculations are very helpful!! I wish I had the knowledge/math skills to figure out the final price of it after the bonus points and at redemption!
    Ciel and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luvs2shop View Post
    Thanks johnb56789!! Your calculations are very helpful!! I wish I had the knowledge/math skills to figure out the final price of it after the bonus points and at redemption!
    One thing to remember is that if you factor the redemption value (the $21.51 in this case) into the net cost of the product, the points are no longer "free" when you actually redeem them.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

the flyer ends today - so hopefully your spend $50 get 12000 pts isn't a Friday offer?
    Ciel, Anna Michele and dededi like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    58 (98%)

Oh thanks for the heads up!! I didn't know they changed their flyers on Friday now!

I have another offer today that's 15x points WUS $20 plus the 2000 bonus points WUB 2 (each is $6.99 - $3.00 coupon). Would that be a better offer than tomorrow, when it's 12000 bonus points on transaction but no bonus points on the product (but the price goes down to $5.99).

This is getting so complicated... lol

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh thanks for the heads up!! I didn't know they changed their flyers on Friday now!

I have another offer today that's 15x points WUS $20 plus the 2000 bonus points WUB 2 (each is $6.99 - $3.00 coupon). Would that be a better offer than tomorrow, when it's 12000 bonus points on transaction but no bonus points on the product (but the price goes down to $5.99).

They don't usually end on Fridays. But every now and then they throw out a 6 day flyer. (usually just before long weekends). Just something to keep a watch out for.

I think your best off getting it today if you have 15x the points, coupons, and 2000 wub 2 bonus points.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

IMO, which is better can depend on various factors and combinations. For example, if you're buying more than just the product in question, what else are you buying in order to meet the WUS thresholds, where do each of these things sit on the spectrum between necessity and frivolity, and how much more if any are you paying for each of them compared to prices / deals that are available elsewhere?
    dededi likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Could you please tell me where I can find details about this offer. I bought some of the razors today and didn't get any points. Called optimum and they didn't know anything about it.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shoppingqueen View Post
    Could you please tell me where I can find details about this offer. I bought some of the razors today and didn't get any points. Called optimum and they didn't know anything about it.
    It was in the previous Shoppers Flyer that ended on the 17th. Therefore, If you bought them today you won't be eligible for those points since the sale has ended.

Sorry to hear about this, If it isn't a major hassle for you I would suggest returning them if you can wait for another sale/ Optimum offer to come up on them again.
    Ciel likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello,

I was wondering if I'm able to combine the 18,500 point offer (aug19-20) with the personal offer on the shoppers app ( 6000 points wus$30) and one of the offers from the thread SDM Aug 19 - 25 *expires on sept 8.

Sorry if this is not the right place to ask this question... I'm new to this

Thanks!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nouveau_visage View Post
    Hello,

I was wondering if I'm able to combine the 18,500 point offer (aug19-20) with the personal offer on the shoppers app ( 6000 points wus$30) and one of the offers from the thread SDM Aug 19 - 25 *expires on sept 8.

Thanks!
    The FAQ and QA at https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/419671...2017-a-canada/ is a good place to start understanding the program better. Read the whole thread since it contains a number of additions and clarifications.
    Ciel likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by nouveau_visage View Post
    Hello,

Thanks!
    When you spend offers do not combine (18500 wus $75 and 6000 wus $30)
    Ciel and nouveau_visage like this.

Thread Information