User Tag List

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 269
Like Tree1222Likes

Thread: September 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

  1. #181
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North of Toronto
    Posts
    9,755
    Likes Received
    42571
    Trading Score
    53 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    lilo-hope you had a great time in Niagara on the lake with your hubby -my daughter took me to a winery for lunch in may and it was lovely
    frugalbigmama--yes I love to pay bills as I get them ,but unfortunately a few have to wait this month because we took a trip and I am waiting to pay that visa in full
    ceil-cant stand the little bugs at night and I just went to read the paper out back and the bees are driving me insane

    -well I was up at 6.00 a.m this morning had to get Ashlyn off on the school bus as my daughter-in-law had to work early as she had a midwife appt today-I am trying to make myself a to-do list every day as I find I can just relax and read or do a puzzle
    -is everybody enjoying these hot days in southern Ontario my 7 month pregnant daughter-in-law is saying she is done with it -lol

    Yes! Loving the weather! I am not ready for snow at all so soaking this in while I can. Taking the afternoon to do just that. Life is too short.

    And tonight I am looking at my honey's work schedule and planning a week day off with him (he is a civil servant so they work 24/7) We are going to take a drive up North and enjoy the fall colours.

  2. #182
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    19,952
    Likes Received
    43877
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)




    frugalbigmama-love the fall always have and the trees -plus I have always have had ragweed allergies so end of august is when they are gone usually
    -did 2 loads of laundry and raked leaves out front --cant wait til Friday as its my anniversary 38th and my birthday too first day of fall-yes was I crazy to get married on my birthday -ummm no he started a new job back then and we were gonna get married the following year but decided on sept and that was the only weekend he got off in sept-lol-why cant I wait as hubby and I are going out for a supper date nothing too fancy but a lovely eatery on locke street and maybe the bakery around the corner for dessert at home ,just bought a larger roast yesterday 14.00 on sale gonna have my son/daughter-in-law and Ashlyn over for supper Saturday -wanted to do it sunday but they have relatives coming from out of town -I am always a nice mother-in-law so I really try to be

  3. #183
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Estevan, SK
    Posts
    17,089
    Likes Received
    36764
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)




    I just turned on the tv to an adult show for the first time today. I sold another $2 in tomatoes to a repeat customer.

    We determined that we'll be going for a somewhat necessary weekend trip in October, so I'm trying to come up with the money for it by diligently selling items, particularly kids clothes, etc. I sold $88 last week and another $40 today. I have some other pick-ups pending.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

  4. #184
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North of Toronto
    Posts
    9,755
    Likes Received
    42571
    Trading Score
    53 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    frugalbigmama-love the fall always have and the trees -plus I have always have had ragweed allergies so end of august is when they are gone usually
    -did 2 loads of laundry and raked leaves out front --cant wait til Friday as its my anniversary 38th and my birthday too first day of fall-yes was I crazy to get married on my birthday -ummm no he started a new job back then and we were gonna get married the following year but decided on sept and that was the only weekend he got off in sept-lol-why cant I wait as hubby and I are going out for a supper date nothing too fancy but a lovely eatery on locke street and maybe the bakery around the corner for dessert at home ,just bought a larger roast yesterday 14.00 on sale gonna have my son/daughter-in-law and Ashlyn over for supper Saturday -wanted to do it sunday but they have relatives coming from out of town -I am always a nice mother-in-law so I really try to be
    Fall is my fav time of year!!! What a beautiful time to get married! Early Happy Anniversary and Birthday! Boy your husband is in big trouble if he forgets!!!!

  5. #185
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North of Toronto
    Posts
    9,755
    Likes Received
    42571
    Trading Score
    53 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I just turned on the tv to an adult show for the first time today. I sold another $2 in tomatoes to a repeat customer.

    We determined that we'll be going for a somewhat necessary weekend trip in October, so I'm trying to come up with the money for it by diligently selling items, particularly kids clothes, etc. I sold $88 last week and another $40 today. I have some other pick-ups pending.
    Good job! I need to get back at the selling our crap too! I will be motivated because I am moving all the crap from the spare room into the garage (I am moving my portable tables out there) and have laid down a tarp to pile it all on. So if I want to park in the garage when the snow flies then I better have it all sold!!! I am moving all of the youngest DS's gaming stuff/movies into the spare room and making that a tv room for him. That way if his brother is in the basement he still has a place to go on his own/with friends when needed. Hate having the gaming stuff in my livingroom lol. I sold the bed in the spare room and bought a futon for the spare room. Can't wait to have it all organized and set up!

  6. #186
    Super-walking bean bun! Ciel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    17,240
    Likes Received
    23640
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)




    Love reading all the sales, organizing activities and daytripping by SC members! September is summering on-fall is happening with smaller leaves falling on sidewalks.
    I just looked at the forecast-a few days of feeling like 31C or more. Pop and cold drinks will be on my menu. Thought of the last day of pop deals at Food Basics last night but did not want to tote anything. Oh well-will review flyers later today.

    Think I'll see how much paint to apply to the closet tomorrow and look for sandpaper for the baseboards. Took yesterday and today off for other diversions (saw future black pants in the Willow and Thread section of Reitmans at Lime Ridge Mall but did not have time to try anything yet) and I like being online (missing my Internet!) too.

    The Ancaster Fair starts today at 5pm. Canadian Cowgirls performances on Friday and Saturday, if you like horse events.
    2020-Money & Baby Yoda & Gatorade

  7. #187
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North of Toronto
    Posts
    9,755
    Likes Received
    42571
    Trading Score
    53 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Love reading all the sales, organizing activities and daytripping by SC members! September is summering on-fall is happening with smaller leaves falling on sidewalks.
    I just looked at the forecast-a few days of feeling like 31C or more. Pop and cold drinks will be on my menu. Thought of the last day of pop deals at Food Basics last night but did not want to tote anything. Oh well-will review flyers later today.

    Think I'll see how much paint to apply to the closet tomorrow and look for sandpaper for the baseboards. Took yesterday and today off for other diversions (saw future black pants in the Willow and Thread section of Reitmans at Lime Ridge Mall but did not have time to try anything yet) and I like being online (missing my Internet!) too.

    The Ancaster Fair starts today at 5pm. Canadian Cowgirls performances on Friday and Saturday, if you like horse events.
    Yes we are looking at a hot spell! I have the AC on at home. (and work). My man picks up his new vehicle tomorrow late afternoon so I will join him and we will make an afternoon of it and enjoy a free dinner at the casino since we are out that way and have an extra coupon to use (and still have coupons to cover our night out Sat with friends!)
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Sep 21st, 2017 at 02:09 PM.
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

  8. #188
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North of Toronto
    Posts
    9,755
    Likes Received
    42571
    Trading Score
    53 (100%)




    Great deals this week! Hit Food Basics on my lunch and spent $14. Grabbed 4 Chocolate milk for the boys. They can have their fill the next few days and I will grab more before the sale ends. Romaine hears 3pk for $1.99 is a great price! Will be a salad for lunch kind of week next week.

  9. #189
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    19,952
    Likes Received
    43877
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)




    well ladies t was all about me today went to the doctors for a pap smear and checkup -good news my weight has stayed the same for the last 5 years ( I still would love to lose a bit)bad news doctor put me on another high blood pressure pill in addition to mine as my blood pressure is elevated from the nurse taking my test(I realize my daughterès situation is probably bothering me internally )so I go back in a month and for another problem I have had the last few years I am going to see a urologist-plus he wants me to fast to get blood work done plus a bone density test -this is the year all about me ,I was a little upset about the bloodpressure but friday is a new day -nope make that sat (as the pharmacist told me watch your salt ,no junk food ,candy and try to walk or get exercise ) so I will try

    -got a few good deals in rexall eos lip balm 1.45 ,ombra shower gel 2.95 and leaning tower eye shadow 10.96 reg 22.00
    just relaxing and trying to finish this puzzle so I can have my dining room table back

  10. #190
    Easy Glider GoodBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Posts
    3,364
    Likes Received
    10248
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Flew into Toronto for the weekend. Had a whack of coupons waiting to be used in the mail. So did some shopping at FreshCo. Total cost $9.00 - Total savings $38.00! I can live with that

    Some of the notables:

    3 boxes Kellogg's Special K Nourish - FPC on each - total cost - zero
    3 boxes Kellogg's Special K Protein - FPC on each - total cost - zero
    25' of Alcan Aluminum Foil - Free after price match and Coupgon ... actually they paid me 3-cents
    Dr Oetker Mug Cake - Free in Coupgon
    2 Johnsonville Sausages packages - on sale for $2.49 each then less 2 $2.00 coupons from the company - so $0.49 each

    Also requested a chq for $110.00 for doing surveys ...

    I may be spending my time in London but happy to see I still can clip and save - so to speak!

    Cheerio all! Time to reacquaint myself with Toronto before heading back!

    Keep saving!!!
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Thu, Sep 21st, 2017 at 04:41 PM.

  11. #191
    Smart Canuck lilo0003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,490
    Likes Received
    16566
    Trading Score
    68 (100%)




    @GoodBoy I am envious of your transatlantic travels. I would love to live in the British countryside for even a year, sadly my British hubby does not feel the same love.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

  12. #192
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Estevan, SK
    Posts
    17,089
    Likes Received
    36764
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)




    I sold another $10 in stuff today. Another $5 in garden produce.

    I went to NF again tonight to take advantage of these deals.
    8x $1.97 Nutrigrain bars - 50c peelers + 400pts wub$2 + 4,500pts wub$15. It worked out to $0.56 per box after points value The granola bars have best by dates of January, 2018. Worked out to 7c a bar.
    pm'd an apple - 25c Caddle
    4x $2.97 M&Ms + 400pts each + each has a code for me to trade away. We've been using them as potty training rewards and I bake with M&Ms sometimes.

    We dug carrots again for morning snack. We are running out of carrots in the garden.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Sep 22nd, 2017 at 01:43 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

  13. #193
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Estevan, SK
    Posts
    17,089
    Likes Received
    36764
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)




    I have someone coming tonight that wants to look at a lot of girls stuff. It's lightly raining outside and I'll need to exchange boxes out to my shed where everything is stored. Two ladies cancelled/didn't show yesterday, one was supposed to look at lots of baby boy clothes and the other was considering me for childcare.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

  14. #194
    Smart Canuck JadeAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,280
    Likes Received
    1506
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)




    @coupon girl - Before the day ends, I just want to greet you a Happy Birthday and a Happy Anniversary! Best wishes in all the years to come.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  15. #195
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    19,952
    Likes Received
    43877
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)




    thanks frugalmama and jadeangel -thanks for the nice wishes

    -I was a little light headed today and had a headache could be the new pills I am on or my cold -I have an awful cough anyway hubby and I just got in from our local restaurant we like we had margarita pizza/skinny fires also and brought home two chocolate chip cookies-checkout51 gave me an offer for 1.00 off any baked goods as per my birthday -that was nice so just relaxing now with my cup a tea

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •