User Tag List

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Like Tree1222Likes

Thread: September 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I have 50.00 this week from the garage clean up and it was just 2 items. Feels good to get rid of stuff.
    I am off for the rest of the week to spend some time with my mom and one of my aunts. It will be a nice break.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

I got one sample! lol
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No luck with sample source ..didn't receive email saying they were gone live ..spring i got email from them .didn't get chance checks smartCanuck very busy at work ..kept checking my cellphone for email ..ohh will better luck next
    cath007 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

A lady contacted me to reschedule looking at the baby clothes, since she had to work late. She and her sister are going to come on Saturday.

I used $80 in points tonight and paid the rest in cash from my recent Facebook sales.
    NF $85.05 - $20 in points.
    I also pm'd case of KD at Sobeys to match with my personal points offer of 500pts.
    6x $2.99 Old Spice Deoderant - $2 wub2 coup - $2 wub2 CO51 + 2,000pts wub $8 = $0.32 each, before tax
    redeemed a cereal FPC

Sobeys $65.05 - $60 in AM
    Used $1 in coupons and received a rain check.

$7.85 in CO51 rebates, $11.99 in coupons, 5,400 OC Plus points, 3AM

Tomorrow's supper plan is roast picnic ham ($1.49/lb), potato and onion bake (from the garden), maybe canned pineapple or coleslaw.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Sep 28th, 2017 at 12:13 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes cooler weather -love it I have always loved fall
    -return items today to bay hopefully buy my turkey at fortinos as I have enough points for 40.00 off
    -tonight lasagna for supper as I have to starve for blood work done on Friday morning at 10.50 a.m then I will meet hubbys sister for lunch I will treat plus I have a few tops for her we are around the same size
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Oh what a week it has been so far and it isn't even over yet.

Monday night after work we went grocery shopping. We didn't really need a lot aside from some fresh fruit and veggies but found a few stock up deals which included:
    Classico Pasta Sauce $1.99 (Love there roasted portabello)
    Butter $2.99
    Bacon $2.99
    Yogurt $1.99

The 2 stores we went to Monday night didn't have any Vanilla Yogurt so I ran into No Frills after work Tuesday and they had some I could price match. Also had to grab Milk as we forgot it the night before.

Last night's cooler weather was much appreciated as I had stuff to get done at home but didn't want to sweat to death. Last night I got the kitchen clean (although wasn't that bad just a few dishes), cleaned the bathroom (although I still need to do the floor) and took all the pantry items down the basement.

Work has been insane this week, a co worker hurt them-self outside of work so I have covered them a couple days. As well I am working on some where around 5 to 7 projects right now and on one project where an update is due next week the person I am working with decided this week that maybe this wasn't the project for them and they would remove themselves from the project. So I am in a bit of a mad scramble to see what I can come up with so I have something to show my boss next week to show the project is still moving forward.

Alright well better get back at it. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

It's almost Friday .
    DS's school is putting on a Terry Fox run today so everyone brought in a toonie. Hopefully the sun comes out and it doesn't rain so they can be outside for it.
    We were busy with school last night so nothing got done in the house. This morning before work I put a bin of clean clothes away, emptied the dishwasher and cleaned the kitchen. Something at least. Tonight I will do some cleaning and laundry.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to No Frills on my lunch. I have decided to start doing this each Thursday (start of the flyer) so I can get items I plan on stocking up on and not be disappointed on Saturday. Then on the weekend I can grab anything I forgot/needed then without pressure. Spent $46.80. Received 6,200 PC Pts. Think I did pretty well, things that will turn into good meals etc.
    I bought:
    4 x whole chickens
    4 x Alfredo garlic Classico sauce (my man makes a wicked pasta and youngest DS loves it too so this is good)
    Sour cream (used .50 coupon)
    2 x bacon (been out for awhile- bacon and eggs next week for dinner one night for my boys)
    3 x English muffins (.97 less 50% off sticker- We are set for egg mcmuffins for breakfast for next 2 weeks at least)
    1 Pillsbury Crescent rolls (I want to try and make something for DS's lunch- Ham/cheese/cucumber maybe roll ups)
    1 Lb butter (I have some in freezer but figured it was a good sale price)

Happy with my little haul. I already took the chicken's home and wrapped them 3+times and put them in the freezer. Now I have a great assortment of meats to get us through the winter.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I got my turkey today butterball frozen at fortinos 26.35-30.00 in p.c points plus 3.65 towards the rest of the items I got
    -saved 52.00 by returning all the items I got at the bay would have gotten a bigger top for hubby but they didn't have any as it was summer clothing
    -just raked the front lawn ,posted 3 items on kijiji -I haven't had any bites and I put some articles on 2nd week of sept -I am really pricing items cheap too dress 5.00 worn once,dress shoes 6.00 etc oh well we will see -supper tonight lasagna and garlic bread -ice cream for dessert as I have to starve blood work on Friday around 10.50 then lunch out
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I got my turkey today butterball frozen at fortinos 26.35-30.00 in p.c points plus 3.65 towards the rest of the items I got
    -saved 52.00 by returning all the items I got at the bay would have gotten a bigger top for hubby but they didn't have any as it was summer clothing
    -just raked the front lawn ,posted 3 items on kijiji -I haven't had any bites and I put some articles on 2nd week of sept -I am really pricing items cheap too dress 5.00 worn once,dress shoes 6.00 etc oh well we will see -supper tonight lasagna and garlic bread -ice cream for dessert as I have to starve blood work on Friday around 10.50 then lunch out
    I thought you said you weren't suppose to be shopping this month?

DS needs some pants. And a few hockey items. Looking for deals this weekend on that stuff. I did buy one hockey item but have decided I am going to get the next size up and found it cheaper too so will return that this weekend.

I need to get posting stuff for sale this weekend too. Setting up a garage sale sort of in my garage so I can sort it all. Whatever doesn't sell by the end of the month gets backed up for a garage sale in the Spring. (I need to park in my garage!)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

did I say that ??-I really love online shopping but I am going to cool it for awhile now -all I bought today was my turkey and a few grocery items-lol
    -I have half my xmas shopping done for the grandkids (clothing wise)and my hairdressers basket is almost done (each year she gives me the basket back)saves money reuse the same basket
    -I have a small bag of clothing and a few towels for hubby's sister she is on a disability pension and appreciates anything used to help her save a bit after my blood work I will treat her to lunch in a local restaurant

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I made another $10 sale today. I have more pick-ups scheduled.

A new potential daycare family contacted me this evening. We've made arrangements to meet.

We found another small wasp nest. Dh was able to get rid of it after work and sprayed with raid. He's pretty good at it and didn't get stung.

edit: I just wanted to clarify that Dh killed a small wasp nest earlier this summer, which was located at a nearby house that was vacant and up for sale.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Sep 29th, 2017 at 12:08 AM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well I can't believe Sept is almost over-it has been a busy month with launching DD at the beginning and company in the middle and continuing on with some childcare. DD sounds like she is doing well and will be home next weekend for Thanksgiving-it certainly is quieter around here with the teen gone. It is different but I am okay with that. DH took a bit longer to settle as he was missing her but he seems okay now. I had some more shots in the back this week-still not 100% but at least I can do everything I want to do( even if I do have a tight muscle or pain here and there). Continuing with physio as well with the hope that I will feel 100% eventually. Through this injury I have lost 32 lbs so far, so that is a good thing.

We are on a bit of a home improvement kick-had the windows serviced this week as some were quite hard to open-a guy came and replaced the mechanisms which were all crudded up and sprayed them all with silicone spray-man that stuff works like a charm and even though it is pricey, the guy recommended we do it every few months. Had our kitchen countertops measured up for replacement yesterday-and I am afraid to hear what that quote might be. The laminate colour is starting to look a bit worn off after 16 years. If the price comes in too high, has anyone had any experience( good or bad) with putting new laminate over old or painting laminate with rustoleum paint-there are kits in Rona for this but I have to think paint would wear off faster?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!!! Hope everyone had a frugal week. I am looking so forward to this weekend. Nothing planned but getting stuff done around the house. Will probably be our only hockey free weekend so I better enjoy it (I love hockey season but my house doesn't )
    I started laundry last night and will continue it in the morning (I may do some tonight we will see)
    The diningroom needs to be quickly cleaned up. A few items have been dumped in there. That is #1 on my list.

Today is payday but I moved all the money yesterday. A very boring pay-lots moved into savings/planned spending etc. Put credit on water & sewer bill.

What a cool day today compared to the start of the week. Happy to be cozy in jeans and sweater.
    DS looked so cute all bundled up in his fancy new hoody that he finally got to wear today. He had to wear the hood because it was raining lightly and he wanted to go to school early and I still needed to shower so I couldn't drop him off on the way.
    My baby is growing up so fast

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I made another $10 sale this morning. This week's total sales is $131. I've sold $280 since I started 2wks ago.

I have a drop-in child scheduled for Monday.

I'm at the park with all the kids. Today is supposed to get up to 21 this afternoon. I plan on taking advantage and letting them play in the water table one last time, after their nap. There is possible frost in the forecast this weekend. My garden season is coming to an end.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information