Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1222Likes

Thread: September 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning All,
    Mom was able to get the new faucet last night but we did not get it installed as we both ended up working late so by the time we were done dinner it was pretty much bedtime for me.

Dinner last night was super simple, re heated leftover pizza and made a Ranch Salad to go with it to use up some of the lettuce and cucumbers we had in the fridge.

Hopefully tonight we can get the new faucet installed and get our kitchen back in working order.

Tomorrow I need to bag up the Chicken Breasts we got from Costco, we bought 2 trays so one tray I will cut up into chunks and strips and freeze the other tray I will leave whole and freeze individually. I have found pre cutting them really helps with quick dinners as I have come to face the fact my life is never going to calm down. I might also marinate a few but first I want to check our stock in the freezer. Will also need to break down the package of sausages into 1s and 2s to freeze.

Actually thinking tonight's dinner might be sausage on a bun with chips, quick and easy so we can try to get the kitchen back in order.

It is Friday so I better go and get the company blog post ready to post. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    @ Chicken. I did the same thing last week. I spent $60 on BLSL chicken breasts and wrapped/Froze each one on its own so I can pull/defrost quick. I really find when I prep on Sunday it helps me out during the week. Doing so this Sunday for sure! (and cooking a roast on Monday was great since I was able to make DS awesome sandwiches all week)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Reminder: Today is the FreeFridays coupon.

I scrubbed the the kitchen floor and cleared the kitchen table during afternoon nap. I picked our son up from Kindergarten because he had a big birthday bag to take home for the weekend. I took all my kids to Sobeys with me and learned that they liked the ginger cookies from the bakery. I used $18.98 in coupons. Accorded to my receipt I saved 47% including discounts. I'll be back later in the sale because they were already out of stock of some items but they recently told me that they won't give rain checks until later in the sale.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Sep 8th, 2017 at 09:15 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We went to RCSS this morning quick before we head to Toronto to see Cirque du Soleil. My honey grabbed a big pork roast for a guys cook off they are having lol. I found chicken breasts bone in for .99 lb. Took the good ones and have a bag ready for the crockpot in the freezer. Love deals like that. We went out for date night last night to a local pub. We never go out to eat like that but he worked late and it felt like a long week so it was a nice change.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sun, Sep 10th, 2017 at 08:04 AM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    We went to RCSS this morning quick before we head to Toronto to see Circus Soleil. My honey grabbed a big pork roast for a guys cook off they are having lol. I found chicken breasts bone in for .99 lb. Took the good ones and have a bag ready for the crockpot in the freezer. Love deals like that. We went out for date night last night to a local pub. We never go out to eat like that but he worked late and it felt like a long week so it was a nice change.
    I so agree that it felt like a long week, I can't believe we had Monday off. This is going to be a busy week for me as DH is away until next Sunday evening. While the boys are very independent they still me to drive them work and sports. I typically don't get home until 7 so DH does most meal prep. This week the kids are going to do the bulk of it and the older son and I are going to spend Sunday before he goes to work prepping. We do have a few easy days because he works several days so he will be gone before I get in. He and I also have dinner plans the day of his birthday as his brother has lacrosse and the older son is a very adventurous eater and the younger is not so this way he can choose whatever he wants.
    Trying to dry the laundry in the sun today, I miss the hot days where stuff dries quickly, but I love the smell of line dried sheets so hopefully this all dries before the sun goes down.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quiet day here-DH has just gone out to touch up the paint on the outside of the house(at my urging) and I will be spending the afternoon watching my friends 3 year old daughter. Our daughter has settled into living by the ocean in Vancouver-I guess what is not to like right? I am working approx 15 hrs per week which is plenty for me. DH works 7.5 hrs per week during the school year-so I guess we are truly semi-retired. Lilo-we were just saying this morning we are not missing the part about having to give DD rides everywhere!

Nat-I hope you are starting to feel better and J and C, I hope you are doing well and settling into the new school year with your sons.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well up at 6.00a.m today had a good night sleep after my 2 procedures-which everything came back okay-out the door at 9.30 after hanging a load of laundry.I was on a mission to find short fashion booties for me as my old ones I had 15 years ripped,found them at marksworkwarehouse -10.00 cpn when I spent over 50.00,got myself a top at talize 9.99-50%today was ladies longsleeve tops =4.99 and then went to denningers for luncheon meat ,buns a few snacks then got hubby and I a harveys shake 1.89 each special for awhile ,just relaxing today

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@coupon girl , glad things went well for you yesterday.

I went to the Dr. yesterday - finally, a family doc who will be able to coordinate everything. Got lots of new meds, so hoping things get better. It's been a long haul, and some of the things just haven't improved.
    I know it may sound really stupid, but other than hurting and the stuff related - I really miss eating and cooking, and tasting! Not any 'diet' I would recommend, I lost 22 lbs in the past month. Doc had no answers as to why this is happening, either.

Hoping today is our last very hot day - 33.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Natalka Hopefully this new doctor is able to help you figure things out.

We had our son's birthday party at our house this afternoon. We sent home some birthday cake with the two single moms when they came to pick up their children. The birthday invitation was carefully worded and asked for $5 instead of a gift. Our son is saving up because he wants to buy a light up lightsaber with sound effects. He invited 5 children and received $65. He is looking forward to going shopping at Wal-Mart to pick out his new toy. Our son opened up gifts from our little family after his friends left. He is very happy with everything.

I plan on shopping at WM and pm'ing, using coupons, and redeeming CO51 and Caddle offers.

Our church is having an annual fundraiser tomorrow. I'm contributing ripe garden tomatoes and I helped sell some raffle tickets. I also gave ripe tomatoes to two single moms. I gave beets to my neighbour, which she turned into borsch and she brought me a container in exchange. She said she made it too spicy this time, but I have more beets that she can use later in the month.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Sep 11th, 2017 at 12:22 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

nat-hope everything turns around for you then you can enjoy tasting ,cooking and eating again -yes not a fun way to lose 22 pounds either,send some of your warm weather our way -its only 20 degrees today and the house is cold in the morning and a bit at night but alas I am not putting the heat on -next week we are going to a high of 24 tue/wed so that will be nicer

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! I have been wide awake for awhile so I should get up. Will start laundry and put this sunshine to use! Have lots I want to get done today so I better get started! Enjoy the day everyone!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hope you feel better soon Nat
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Took more then a day and 3 trips to the hardware store but I have a new working kitchen faucet.

Turns out the person who installed the previous one might have done a bit of his own thing, items that are not supposed to sealed were where is items that should have been sealed where not. Took me about 3 to 4 hours and 2 trips to hardware store to get it taken apart. Luckily the tools I needed were not expensive and only cost me about $20.

The came installing the new faucet and let me just say it looked a lot easier then it was. To make it work in our kitchen I had to install everything and then mount the bracket which is the complete opposite of what your supposed to do but hey I made it work. So I had to wait for Mom to come home so I could be under the sink with her at the faucet. The faucet is now in and working, yippee.

I will admit I might have had a bit of a melt down this morning when the last part would not go together. I think more then anything it was one comment made Mom made that sent me over the edge. There were tools and parts every where which just made me feel dirty and that the whole kitchen needed to be scrubbed down and she told me go about my day and leave the tap (which would have been day 2 with no water on our main floor) and when I told her how I felt she just got mad. She felt bad later as on her way to work she called and apologized.

I am just happy I have water again as I need to process 2 Costco packages of chicken today which would have been no fun with no water. Not to mention there were dishes everywhere that needed to be rinsed and put in the dishwasher so all and all I just needed water.

I have scrubbed down the kitchen, I have the dishwasher going, laundry going and now it is time to see what is next. Thinking I will do a nice Roast Beef dinner as I never got to make one last weekend.

Have a wonderful day everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

A little update well I take a break.

Laundry is done just need to fold and put away.

I scrubbed down the kitchen so I felt it was "good" to cook in. Knowing I was cooking a Roast today (I have been trying for 3 weeks to make a Roast Beef dinner, first week I had no Beef Broth, second weekend we were too busy using up unfrozen items) I opted to get some baking done first knowing the oven would be in use. I needed to make Banana Muffins as I had 3 bananas that may not last another day and my freezer already has a number of frozen bananas. Well getting the sour cream out for the muffins I noticed we had some yogurt that was past it's expiry but still good and some lemons that needed to be use up so I made a lemon yogurt cake. Well I was baking the cake I also cooked up a batch of rice for the fridge.

I have also unloaded and started reloading the dishwasher.

Now the roast is in the oven, need to finish loading the dishwasher, sort through the fridge and see what needs to be used up.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Laundry drying on the line and I was up early get it outside so I am sure even the blankets will dry, I had to put a few things in the dryer yesterday. Today I am making vegetarian chili and egg roll in a bowl, birth of these freeze really well so I will have easy food to grab for my lunches. Youngest son has gym 1st semester and he needed running shoes and shirts. The school ran out of his size and the kids all need navy, a colour he did not own. Found a pair at the Nike outlet on clearance and they had an extra 30% off clearance. So with the promo card from the last purchase of spend $50 save $25 on the next purchase I spent 51.00 for both, that felt like an accomplishment.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Today picked up Ashlyn at noon and took her to toyrus to pick out her birthday gift a month early(as it was grandparents day and we got 15%off-when you signed up for their new promotion card-they email you coupons or deals to use , so saved 8.70 -well her party is on sept30 anyway -she loved the idea she picked out a pop up toaster for her kitchen and a paw patrol boat set -I actually spent 10.00 more than I wanted to as I bought her clothing already but hey she was so happy and toys are so darn expensive now than years ago ,then we popped into a take out pizza place and brought pizza back for my son and us as my daughter-in-law was at a wedding shower.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information