User Tag List

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree1222Likes

Thread: September 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Frugal start to the day-I made oatmeal pancakes for breakfast to use up the expiring eggs and some sour milk. Will freeze the extra's for quick breakfasts. Making up some cabbage roll casserole for lunch or dinner-while it is still cool enough to have the oven on.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Mon, Sep 11th, 2017 at 10:24 AM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Think of all the tea or water you can cleanse the palate with after each tasting, @Frugalbigmama !

Went to Walmart for canned tuna-Clover leaf flavoured varieties are still $1 per can. Needed 4 tins. Happened to hear Janet Jackson's Escapade song play on the PA system as I was leaving-happy mood.

Off to return my can finds and see what I missed in the newspapers at the library.
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Sep 11th, 2017 at 10:14 AM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

frugal today -I made a small batch of peanut butter cookies and I have a banana bread in the oven -like to have something sweet with my tea and hubby with his coffee-tired of always buying cookies
    -hung one load out sheets ,got Sebastian's birthday gift together as we are going to Toronto on sat his real birthday is sept13 who 1 year old -I overspent a tiny bit on the grandkids this year oh well but I stuck to my plan and only bought Sebastian a book,actually 2 books as one was free -as it came damaged and they credited my account and mailed me a new one and clothing all on sale plus a bit of cash -which my daughter is putting away for his education
    then I am getting Ashlyn other half of her gift ready -joe fresh had sent me capris(she really doesn't wear capris as she is short) instead of leggings a little ticked about that as I just opened the bag now and I bought them back in july
    may cut the back lawn also -nope there isn't anything I can think of to prepare for fall we do put the patio furniture down our basement and same as the offset umbrella,already cleaned out the front eavestrough a few weeks back

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just cashed out $30.65 from my Caddle app. This is my second rebate cheque from them.

I saw a last minute advertisement for an early childhood development event that was being hosted at our son's school, and everything was free. We spent 2hrs there this morning. All the children played and explored a lot of their stations. They had fish crackers and water for the kids. Every child was encouraged to pick a book to take home with them. My daycare girl also made a bracelet to take home.

We picked up the mail on the walk home, which included some great stuff. I received 50c coupons and a kids cookbook from Dole. I also received my coupon for $10 in free fresh produce at the CO-OP, from a promotion that I participated in.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Frugal start to the day-I made oatmeal pancakes for breakfast to use up the expiring eggs and some sour milk. Will freeze the extra's for quick breakfasts. Making up some cabbage roll casserole for lunch or dinner-while it is still cool enough to have the oven on.
    Can you give me your recipe for the oatmeal pancakes please? Would like to try making these for DS. Thanks!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well ladies going out tonight with my neighbour girlfriend down the street-we are going to bingo(my mom use to love bingo and I saved her few bingo dabbers and bag to use -lol)we have a coupon book for 5.00 off so our book is free on Monday nights we just have to buy the extra cards so pretty cheap anyway as my dear mom use to say"break a leg"

-anyway I decided to call joe fresh also to complain nicely as Ashlyn cant wear capris she is so tiny -so the supervisor gave me a 10% off code it doesn't expire as it was their fault the wording was wrong -anyway anytime I get anything in the mail from online shopping I will checkout it right away-I do for myself but I will for the grandkids now

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oatmeal pancake Recipe

2 cups milk( can also use sour milk if some of your milk went off-the original recipe says to soak the oats in the milk for 5 minutes-but I don't bother)
    1.5 cups rolled oats
    1 cup AP flour
    2 tbls sugar
    2.5 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp salt
    2 eggs, beaten
    1/3 c veg oil

Mix dry ingredients, add wet ingedients, mix and cook up in a lightly greased pan. These keep well in the fridge or freezer and seem more filling and nutritious than regular pancake batter.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Mon, Sep 11th, 2017 at 07:55 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Oatmeal pancake Recipe

2 cups milk( can also use sour milk if some of your milk went off-the original recipe says to soak the oats in the milk for 5 minutes-but I don't bother)
    1.5 cups rolled oats
    1 cup AP flour
    2 tbls sugar
    2.5 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp salt
    2 eggs, beaten
    1/3 c veg oil

Mix dry ingredients, add wet ingedients, mix and cook up in a lightly greased pan. These keep well in the fridge or freezer and seem more filling and nutritious than regular pancake batter.
    Thanks

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

It's amazing what the question of the day will do for initiative, once I looked at the week's forecast and saw heat is on the way. Paint can will be purchased by Wed as Lowes has Valspar signature can on 25% off. The plan is to do some prep work tomorrow after grasscutting. I am going to rely on paint supplies at home as I will only be able to buy the paint. An old newspaper from last week will be the dropcloth on the floor and I'll have to use the older bedsheets to cover the bed when sanding or painting. There does not seem to be high heat enamel paint in white in a can unless it's spray paint (Cdn Tire has 1 can in stock). Will have to deal with that part separately as I cannot take apart the rad cover and am not keen on freestyling with spray paint in the room. The goal is to have the ceiling/walls and closet painted by Saturday and the other areas in progress of some kind. Trim is another project as are the windows.
    I also want 2 bags of their top soil (25L bag is $1.99 so two bags should feed the flowerbeds well).

There's no current budget for it but the shower/tub faucet really needs a 21st century update-current one is 30+ years old except for the plastic disc which is more recent. Mom mentioned paint for the room as well but until a fix is done on the ceiling, I'm thinking door knob and tub faucet are priority fixes before winter. I have to get Mom to test some handles in-store to narrow down prospects.

The DIY mood has come to SC!! #MacGyver

Had to go to Walmart for an item I should have purchased this morning if I had jotted it on my list. Did a can walk. 30 cents more to go to hit the total I need for paint.

I heard some of sibling's road trip stories from driving through NS, NB and QC back to ON. Seems some roads are really great in NS and NB. QC has some rubber ramp issues on bridges with the asphalt removed. Also, the Costco gas bar in Levis was not really obvious to spot and when he finally figured out where it was, he was not in the truck lane but managed to get gas anyway. He did find an SAQ to get Ricardo red wine (yay) and St. Hubert's for burger meals.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Coupon_girl -have you had success in finding your grandchildren's clothing sizes in stock at Joe Fresh at the Eastgate or Upper Centennial Fortinos? I envy your proximity to those locations as I have to be near Lime Ridge Mall to visit the Mall Rd. Fortinos for clothing.
    @Angela273 -inspired change of morning plans that provided all of you with interesting things to do! Was your older DS amused that everyone stayed at school this morning?
    @SassyAshley -yes, I sometimes feel like time runs away or is a treadmill going the wrong way until I realize which way is the right way. Then it's time to rush/run/throw what I can at a task. The paper and pen planner people are ones I'd love to emulate but my brain does not always lean towards setting things on paper. Ideas have to tumble around when I'm walking or doing an unrelated task then it's like I have a fuse lit. Brain needs to play too.
    @lizzie bargain -pancakes stocked for the fridge-great idea! I have to figure a way to make pancakes without eating any to have extras to put away.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If you are using Google Drive for file storage, you did see recent news about the support ending in December and the service disappearing in March 2018? Just a heads-up, if you have files there that you rely on. Drive won't be on PCs/Macs anymore.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I sold the last of my rhubarb harvest for $10. I also sold a bunch of ripe red tomatoes for $7. I'm now up to $122 from selling garden produce this summer.

I bought twin girl a pair of ski pants and a winter coat for $10. The ski pants look virtually unworn. I'm going to wash her small winter clothes and post them for sale, among other items.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Sep 12th, 2017 at 02:26 PM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Ciel Today was a non-Kindergarten day, so he originally didn't want to walk to school with us at 10am because he wasn't sure that it would be fun.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!
    Last night we went for a hour long walk at the water before dinner. Then my man made dinner and we vegged on the couch the rest of the evening lol. I even fell asleep for a bit!
    I'm meeting my friend tonight for a walk. I will put a load of laundry on tonight too to keep up on it.
    I have a watermelon to cut up tonight. No Frills had them for $2 so I may grab another tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

Good morning! I thought I posted the other day but I guess I forgot to hit the button! lol Got rid of a few things on free weekend, and found a few things, but mostly went to yard sales. DH got some saw blades and a laser level, all brand new, and I got a brand new Wii fit plus for $10!! Today is my day off so I am gonna post a few things on kijiji and catch up on laundry. Have a great day!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information