User Tag List

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
Like Tree1222Likes

Thread: September 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well went for bloodwork at 11.00,then met my sister-in-law at the clinic wow almost didn't recognize her she has lost about 40 pounds and dyed her hair black we then went to a local mom and pop restaurant "the village inn restaurant in stoney creek -my grandparents owned a hotel on the same site way back in the 1920"s or 30's so its neat to see the pictures on the wall of their hotel -I had eggs benedict -yummmm and my sister-in-law had pancakes then came home as I am tired

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

October thread is ready for Sunday! https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/423425...thread-canada/

Coupon expiry notes-if you have personalized Air Miles coupons, the Staples one expires on Tuesday, and the bonus AM for shopping through the Airmilesshops end tomorrow.

First Choice haircutter coupons expire on Oct. 8 as do the Ontario McDonald's meal offer coupons.

If you have those Breyers or Chipits or Eggo coupons that expire tomorrow--plan your strategy or find the blue box.

Are there other coupon offers about to expire this weekend or next week?
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Cut grass yesterday (as planned as the 40% chance of rain did not really do more than sprinkle some random drops). Spent time admiring stuff in Marshalls (two flannel sheet sets in red/gray plaid but HomeSense does not have any-HS moved their Sleep section to the left side of doors), DSW and Homesense. Popped into Winners-never saw the shoelace sweater from the e-mail.
    Got three things at Sobeys and happily the hemp seeds had a coupon pad on the shelf, so saved 50 cents off on the $5.99 sale price for hemp seeds. Fortinos-got cooking oil and roasted the squash cubes for late afternoon, half plain with salt for Mom and other half with minced garlic, dried ginger, fresh rosemary and some flour. MMM!

Found a waving $5 bill in a ditch on today's can walk. It's gone into the bank with my $1 leftover from the food truck night-so bank fee is covered. I plan to visit the Rexall for a special or two before going home.

I made it to the library from McDonalds just before the 3:15pm downpour. That was close.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Between yesterday and today father and I managed to get 6 black bags done for the cleaning and father dropped a big black bag of my dear beloved brother at a thrift store.I managed to find one jacket who fit me as I am now a x large size so that was nice.I will kept a few clothes as a memory of him.I need to find an extension for my winter jacket or buy another one since it does not fit me anymore .I did a big crisis of panicking yesterday afternoon when sorted the brother clothes.That was not fun . And I am suffering insomia thinking of my dear missed brother so I took a nap this morning,it helped to get me trough the day.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

This week will be a frugal grocery shopping week father need to get a few deals at maxi
    -Ground beef is on sale thinking of meat pasta,pate chinois or hamburger for this week meals
    -Shrimps will buy 3 packs because they are one sale
    -thinking of pastas,canned corn,patatoes(10lbs) ,rice and tomatoes cans and some fruits,veggies and snacks

Hoping everyone had a good day and good night everyone !!!
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I will not do stockpiles anymore because I got to get rib of a lot of ensure and glucerna thinking I would be sick longer than that(thanks goodness it was cheap with checks and coupons at least) maybe I will rebuy just 1 pack on sale in case because I have no more coupons and it will not be a waste.
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Sep 29th, 2017 at 07:21 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lovely day out off at 1.00 p.m to celebrate ashlyn's 4th birthday at my sons -25 adults and 15 kids -a super big party with pizza and a few salads some are bringing and I am bringing a bottle of wine to add to the event and a case of pop-moana will be there also so the girls will love that -my son has never done a big party for Ashlyn so this is the year -on her actual birthday on Friday we are invited over to their house (just nana and papa) for supper and its a cool beautifull sunny day out also

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ms. Sunshine is helping to offset fall's bite yesterday and today. Seeing branches and debris everywhere I have walked.

Last night, I used a bus fare to get home after buying pop, paper and tissues at Rexall. Then I thought I could get to Hudson's Bay and scope the clearance items. Managed to miss bus to connect to Rymal (did find a dime in the parking lot, a first) so I ended up back at McDonald's for the Thai McTaster (about the same size as Fillet O Fish) and waited for the next bus.

Today, there's a promo team at Longo's Ancaster trying to get customers to sign up for Thank You Rewards cards (you will get 400 points for signing up and registering your card). I told them I already had a card and got a free lightweight tote (purple with berry motif)!

Kitchen Stuff Plus has returned to its pop-up store location next to Eddie Bauer in Lime Ridge Mall (Hamilton)! Noticed the store flyer mentioned a new store for Hamilton and I walked past the shop on the way to Hudson Bay yesterday.Yay for Hamilton!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Dad bought a big bag of red peppers-guess he plans on roasting a bushel full of them? Don't know how long they'll last next week. Brother bought a bushel of apples-ditto on their longevity.

I started vacuuming parts of the basement to get fall cleanup going. Will finishing with a more thorough pass next week when I can use the cord caddy and reach more corners. The fridge/pantry vac job likely will be next weekend or right after Thanksgiving. Plan on oiling door hinges and knobs next week before the hot days return. Living room polishing of tables will be next week and likely vacuuming behind the sofas too.

I've entered a Miele vacuum cleaner contest as our Kenmore unit is becoming scrappier by the month. Parts vacuum soon...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Between yesterday and today father and I managed to get 6 black bags done for the cleaning and father dropped a big black bag of my dear beloved brother at a thrift store.I managed to find one jacket who fit me as I am now a x large size so that was nice.I will kept a few clothes as a memory of him.I need to find an extension for my winter jacket or buy another one since it does not fit me anymore .I did a big crisis of panicking yesterday afternoon when sorted the brother clothes.That was not fun . And I am suffering insomia thinking of my dear missed brother so I took a nap this morning,it helped to get me trough the day.
    Hi cath007 ..sorry hear that your darling brother not around anymore ..i know what your going through..i lost my brother just little over year ago now and i miss him sooo much ..if you ever need someone talk to im always here for you ..take care sweetie and have wonderful weekend
    Ciel and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We cleaned house this morning before meeting with a potential new daycare family. One load of laundry done, more to go.

I need to check the flyers before getting groceries at NF again. I have nice points offers on some things I've been looking for. I'll still go to Sobeys on Tuesday for 10% off Tuesday to get a better price on some stuff that doesn't really go on sale.

I've had a fluctuating migraine for over a week already. My leg hurts and my body aches sometimes too. It sucks when I'm in so much physical pain. I know that a lack of sleep doesn't help my pain tollerance.

It's hard to believe that tomorrow is October already.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Sep 30th, 2017 at 04:01 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    Hi cath007 ..sorry hear that your darling brother not around anymore ..i know what your going through..i lost my brother just little over year ago now and i miss him sooo much ..if you ever need someone talk to im always here for you ..take care sweetie and have wonderful weekend
    @Newfiescreech I am so sorry for you your brother passed away too I take good note for the talk offer,I will pm you if needed.It is so nice of you to offer me that,sharing same painful experiance,it is greatly appreciated.Take good care of yourself too!!!!
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Ciel : you got a lots of stuff done congrats to you,that motivate me
    @Angela273:I hope your migraine goes away soon.Congrats on the kijiji sales items.I will maybe do the same on a city Facebook forum.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Update on Natalka in the tea room thread.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread Information