User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By johnb56789
  • 1 Post By walkonby

Thread: SCENE Points Program changes apply on October 4, 2017

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Just saw the SC Blog post about changes to the SCENE program which many SCers enjoy:

http://smartcanucks.ca/scene-changes...ng-in-october/
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, Sep 5th, 2017 at 09:09 PM.
    walkonby likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Our family avoids Cineplex at ALL costs, we just do not get good value there anymore, with crappy quality. I think it started to drop for us when they changed the structure of Scene point redemption (1000 points for all -> 1000 points for 2D), then higher ticket prices, then higher snack prices, then less snacks, then no refills and the list goes on! Landmark for us, 10 movies for $74.99 with 10 coupons for 10% off snacks, better quality, slightly more in some cases, but definitely worth it for us!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I have yet to experience the Hamilton Landmark Cinemas after their last renovation. Have heard good things about the armchair seating at the theatre. No idea about their concession stand prices or offerings.
    Cineplex Ancaster is walkable or on public transit routes. After the Cineplex on Upper James closed, going to see a movie has become a very geographic endeavour (downtown, Ancaster or upper Stoney Creek). I'm not even including any drive-in theatre options. Westdale Theatre was the local art film place but it's under renovation. Zoetic Theatre has select film nights as film is not the main revenue driver for this arts-centric venue.

I'd like to see Tulip Fever as Dane DeHaan is in the cast and also I am curious about the tulip market fever of the 17th century.
    In the movie listings for the Toronto Sun, only Varsity Theatre on Bloor has the film listing (the Toronto Star article mentioned the limited release of the movie as it was made over a year ago and has limited marketing going for it).

Noticed that Cineplex has some movies for half the SCENE points until Sept. 7.
    https://www.cineplex.com/30days#scene
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yeah, I saw the changes. For us no big deal as we never buy their overpriced snacks. Our DS however ( when he joins us for a flick ) often gets snacks so I pass him my Scene card to get him the 10% discount at least, now with these changes when I pass him my card I'll earn points instead! ha ha

Our local Cineplex is still the cheapest admission that we have found, so for now we are good with it.
    ( 14-64 yrs $9.50, seniors $6.99, Tuesday's all seats are $6.50 ) We avoid seeing anything in 3D because they tack on an extra $3.00 .
    GoJays likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Thread Information