User Tag List

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1499Likes

Thread: October 2017 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Rolling out the new month's thread a little early (Sept.27) in case I forget to set it up on the weekend.

Who's got costumes on the go for Oktoberfest or Halloween?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Thanks for starting the thread @Ciel , I do wish J&C would check in though.
    I am currently soaking beans to make soup. I decided it was cheaper than cans so fingers crossed it works because I have mixed success with this. The soup was a hit so I want to harvest more kale and freeze soup soup for winter. I am really trying to reduce food costs without reducing quality, because so many other costs are beyond our control.
    No halloween here. Both boys feel they are too old but Logan may go out with a friend that takes his little brothers out.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Must be a soup day-I am making chicken soup from some chicken bones.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Also making soup here I just finished a Cauliflower Chowder
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well I am washing clothing(line drying ) -no soup here ,didn't get much sleep here Sebastian and my daughter slept over but he woke up at 2.00a.m(molars coming in) and I never went back to sleep so only 4 hours sleep -may go to shoppers to get their deals and 20times the points I loaded
    -I ordered tub stickies for my tub from the bay 7.50 and free shipping as I want these got some at shoppers reduced to 2.00 a few months back but they were not that sticky as some came off the tub -but love that there is no bath mat to get mouldy or hang to dry -thanks for the tip ciel a month ago that they had them in the bay online

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

There is a risk of frost most nights this week, so I've decided to harvest all the tomatoes this morning. It's easier to pick before the forecasted rain starts. I used to trade my green tomatoes with a lady, but she moved away this summer. I'll post pictures of my produce on the local Facebook pages, after I harvest it. I might be able to trade or get some money for the green tomatoes. I know that you can ripen most green tomatoes, but I'm not willing to do it. I already have two icecream buckets of tomato sauce in our freezer.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Busy day so far today. I have made:
    Cauliflower Chowder (new recipe, it was good but missing something so I added some Parmesan cheese)
    Double Batch of Peanut Butter Cookies
    Cherry Ricotta Cake
    Creamy Almond Oatmeal

For dinner I am doing Pasta Bake, Garlic Bread and Cesar Salad.

I have been cleaning as I go so clean up should be a breeze later.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Rolling out the new month's thread a little early (Sept.27) in case I forget to set it up on the weekend.

Who's got costumes on the go for Oktoberfest or Halloween?
    I ordered the boys costumes in September. That way they have time to ship

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    There is a risk of frost most nights this week, so I've decided to harvest all the tomatoes this morning. It's easier to pick before the forecasted rain starts. I used to trade my green tomatoes with a lady, but she moved away this summer. I'll post pictures of my produce on the local Facebook pages, after I harvest it. I might be able to trade or get some money for the green tomatoes. I know that you can ripen most green tomatoes, but I'm not willing to do it. I already have two icecream buckets of tomato sauce in our freezer.
    Bf canned a bunch of our tomatoes.then last night he made fresh tomatoes soup and canned it too.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I have a great Air Miles offer if I spend 100.00 at grocery stores in October I will get 400 miles if I used my American Express card to pay. Sadly superstore does not count as thy consider it a warehouse. So I made a trip to Sobeys and took advantage of their bonus offers. I bought 8 pizzas and 4 marketplace frozen dinners and earned 225 miles. I kept track of how much I spent to make sure I hit 100.00 spent this month. Our local Rexall is in the same parking lot so I stopped in to grab a few things, spent 30.00 used.2.50 in coupons earned 2.50 in checkout 51 and received the 10.00 rexall gift card. So it felt like a successful shop. Earned 15 Air Miles too.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good afternoon everyone!!! Last night I did the grocery shopping list for father.I ordered the Ensure (now they have just checks options I think?) and some Glucerna coupons in case I re need them later if I am sick.Tonight it was cold -1 degre so it frost.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Ciel : Halloween : I dont plan to celebrate Halloween and give candy because I live in a 3 floors appt and it is a lost street.I plan of buying candy for myself(love clearance deal after halloween at 50% off) and then listen some halloween tv shows.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Souper Sunday by all the posts of soups made this weekend! Certainly chilly nights help with the menu planning!
    Last night was Hamilton's coldest one since spring (or did the Weather Network mean Toronto).

Beets in the basement-spotted a chocolate beet cake that looks good in a magazine. May think about making the cake this week.

Finally bought thread at Fabricland so second apron can be altered.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Expecting up to 10 cm of snow tonight-really not ready. We had been invited to friends for dinner but they had to postpone as their son was sick. Resisted the being lazy urge to eat out- instead I bought a nice beef rib roast and popped that in the oven along with roast potatoes, carrots and rice pudding. DD Skyped us today to chat so she must finally be missing us a bit( or else she came up for air after a busy week)-I was teasing her as she complained about no veggies she likes to eat in residence( she is not big on veggies) and that she didn't have a hand vac to vacuum her floor. Never did I think I would hear her be worried about how clean her floor was or a lack of vegetables-that just did not sound like our daughter. Anyway she will fly back on Fri night and seems to be looking forward to pumpkin pie etc.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Mon, Oct 2nd, 2017 at 07:18 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have good news! I have a drop-in daycare kid tomorrow. I had a family tour my facility yesterday and sent them home with my daycare contract. She contacted me today and will be stoping off the completed paperwork on Tuesday. Their little girl will start here in November, with a full-time spot. They are giving their current childcare provider one month's notice.

It took most of the morning, but I harvested the sensitive garden produce. I am trying to sell or trade away my tomatoes and zucchinis. I sold some zucchinis for $5. The lady was very happy because yesterday's Farmer's Market never had any.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Oct 1st, 2017 at 08:09 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information