Thread: October 2017 Frugal Chatter Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That is one wicked commute Lilo!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!! Beautiful sunny day here and expected all weekend. Visiting my friend tomorrow with the twins and we are going to be brave and take them out somewhere.
    Hope to have a quiet relaxing weekend. DS only has one hockey game on Sunday which is nice.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-took my older brother out to freshco today -I spent 55.94 missed the checkout51 deal of .75 on cashmere -oh well it was still cheap for 3.99 price matched to fortinos -saved 3.50 in cpns and 1.25 from checkout51
    -hung 2 loads out today -now gonna go wash the floors ,supper tonight pork tenderloin with mashed potatoes and frozen corn

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

made some great deals at maxi and iga (mostly vegetables)
    Maxi:
    -Olymel Flamingo chicken wings @6,77$ +500pc points
    -Brocoli @0,99$
    -Cauliflower @0,99$
    -Mushrooms @0,99$
    -Carrots @0,99$ for 3 lbs pm superc
    -Celery @0,99$
    -Oasis Smooties 1,75l banana-strawberry @2,78$
    -Tomatoes paste no name @ 0,50$
    -Corn in can no name @0,50$ x4
    -Chocolate milk Quebon 473 ml @0,50$ x8
    -Oasis Premium orange juice 1,75 l @2,00$ pm super c x3 (cause the pm limit is 3 grrr)
    -Philadelphia cream cheese big tub @3,00$ pm super c
    IGA:
    -Fresh pork tenderlion @2,99$ lb value pack.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today is the 4th day since the principal got involved regarding our son being bullied in Kindergarten. He has cried about going to Kindergarten. Today is a Kindergarten day.

I took the twins in the stroller and my day girl to the school park, when I knew the students would be in class. I don’t know why their school yard doesn’t have trash cans. I picked up 1/2 a grocery bag of recyclables on the walk home.

I’m taking my kids to the public library after school today. They are signed up for Halloween storybtime and a snack, for free. I’m going to an adult Halloween baking class at the library tomorrow afternoon. I’m going to pick up a book on CD. I have a road trip for a medical appointment on Monday. Dh took Monday off to care for our kids and my Daycare girl.

I’m going to swing by WM for pork loins, since the ones at NF last week weren’t worth buying.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Oct 20th, 2017 at 03:26 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I posted my black double stroller for sale this afternoon, asking what I bought it for in July. I sold it for the asking price this evening.

I bought the winter tires, rims, and sensors for my van today. I just need to decide when to get them installed.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    I have to be honest I am having one of those days, there is a million and one things I should be doing but in all honesty I just do not feel like it. It was an extremely long week and there is so much to be done at home and I am behind at work but my whole body and mind is just like whatever not feeling it today.

I have decided to make marinated chicken with roasted potatoes and veggies (was going to do cauliflower and carrots but then also remembered we have snap peas that need to be used up, so we will have to see what I come up with). I have made the marinade and will put the chicken in shortly.

I should be doing some baking for work but really not feeling it at the moment. Thinking I might do laundry instead and see if I have more ambition to bake tomorrow.

Last night after work I went shopping, I will post about this later as I need to work out my savings. I started to get supplies needed for Christmas gifts, I have decided all the girls are getting scarves in their favourite colours. Originally I was going to do these hooded scarves with pockets I found but I will see where the yarn takes me as I found some gorgeous soft yarn but a lot of yarn is going into the pattern so I may revise my plans and remove the hood.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I took our twin boy for his 3rd haircut this morning and then took him with me to WM. I checked my receipt before leaving the store and found an error on the boneless pork loins. One was the right price and the other was not. $3.90/kg vs $5.45/kg. I took it to customer service and SCOPed it for $2.83. I then went back to the boneless pork loin display and found the other mid priced pork loin, which I then SCOPEd for $2.76. I did all the math and tried to help customer service figure it out. I saved $20 on meat! I told Dh about it when we got home. He already cut one loin up and I put it in the freezer. Twin boy napped all the way through the time with customer service...tired after getting up at 4:30am.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good afternoon everyone!!! Today I decided to relax to be 100% more effective tomorrow for cleaning and do the dishes.Only 14 boxes to go on the cleaning.Yesterday I had a very good time finding the wedding ring of my dear beloved mother that I tought it was lost for ever so I cried when I found the ring,such a sentimental value and in gold with diamonds too.Supper will be leftovers because I am planning a lots of baking this week!!! Wishing everyone a great day,great temperature 18 degre and the colors are just beautifull .I love fall!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Subscribed to my pharmacy newsletter for when my printer will work,they have great promotions apparently!
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good evening everyone!!! I just finished to make another trade for 3 fpcs whiskas temptations cat treats for Eve.She is gonna be happy.I plan to make her a Christmas bag with some bags and toys I have found for her,spoiled and frugal cat lol!!! Wishing to all a good evening and night!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I stripped all the beds this am to take advantage of this amazing summer day, I can't believe I can still line dry the clothes this late in the year. @lizzie bargain the commute is longer because I choose to walk from the office from the train station and because meetings never finish on time it means I can't get a train until 6. If I can actually leave at 5 then it's not so bad.
    Last edited by lilo0003; Sun, Oct 22nd, 2017 at 10:45 AM.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good afternoon everyone!!! Cleaned the dishes,did 1 load of laundry to hang in outside because it is sunny and 22 degre .I love this temperature.I plan to wash the towels and the beds to hang it outside this week.Now I have to find motivation to do the cleaning of the 12 boxes.Supper will be leftover mikes pizza.
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Got my closet back to normal yesterday. So I have a painting list for next spring jotted on the envelope with this year's painting supply receipts and paint card...seems like over a month but it was about 3wks.

I feel like an alien without my weekly paper/flyers and not posting most of this week. Lovely day and with butterflies still around in Hamilton!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Battery advisory-check all your drawers, tool kits, flashlights and anything else that uses batteries to see if you need to replace them (low power or spares corroded if they came from dollar store as I found with AAAs (bought in spring 2016) this week). A small flashlight needed a AAA and the spares and the "current" cell were all corroded. That propelled me to gather two separate piles of used cells and recycle them at Fortinos which has battery recycling containers in the entrance on one side. I have to add AAAs to my shopping list as the only working one I found was a spare one of brother's!

I managed to get the fall polishing of the living room tables done yesterday. I have to hold off on the fridge vacuuming of coils until a later date, probably just prior to Halloween. My boots will get polished tomorrow. I tallied my shoe receipts for this year and I've spent $234 and change on 3pr of walking shoes (discontinued ones). I used to be able to get one year from a full price brand of cross trainers but those days seem gone as my current shoes and the past safety cross trainers all started to tear or wear out before 3mo or 6mo. Am keeping current shoes for local walking and maybe grass cutting next year, though I am feeling the pull of the trash can to bin the shoes. (The one pair in, old pair out rule.)

The Vaseline lotion for mature skin-is a little tacky but not full on tacky like regular petroleum jelly. It seems to offer almost a day's worth of softness (Thurs night into Friday). But yesterday I noticed that I am finding the back of my head itching and my ribcage too. Drinking some water while the weather's warm (feels like 28C today). Have to remember to moisturize my hands after dishwashing or hand laundry--I keep forgetting but by suppertime, I notice my dry hands and itchy skin all night.

Breakfast was rice cooked in beef bouillion-fast and tasty! Managed to do a short walk for cans/game pieces in the morning and got one store flyer. Now catching up on social media at the library--btw, the library system is asking for community feedback and there's a chance to enter the draw for one of 10 iPads. I would not mind one for winter...
    barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information