User Tag List

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1499Likes

Thread: October 2017 Frugal Chatter Thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

afternoon ladies -went on a brisk walk this morning 20 minutes -returned an item to indigo 7.34 on my charge -decided to buy myself a puzzle at micheals with the 50% off coupon I paid 8.49 reg 16.99 for a 1,000 piece thomas kincade puzzle a treat for me

supper tonight -pancakes for hubby and I -always nice to have breakfast for supper-lol

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good afternoon everyone!!! Today was about what I did not did yesterday because I was not feeling well.Grocery shopping to benefit deals that ended up today and cleaning in the spare bedroom,moving furnitures etc...Only 5 boxes to go!!!!! Supper is chicken stratazzini (noodles,cream of mushrooms,cheese,vegetables(carrots,celery,mushroo ms,brocoli and cauliflower) smell so good.Tomorrow I will do a mijoted fresh pork tenderlion with vegetables and maybe friday my pumpkin soup because I forgot 1 ingrédients.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I had my auntie visiting me this morning ,We had a good time Again she is offering me her help for the remaining cleaning,so kind of her,Great to have news from my father side familly too

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Well, the luck of the Universe: I managed to get caught the last two nights in the rain. With my new white shoes yesterday. So I've had laundry washing or drying going on each night. No new Monopoly pieces found but sibling gave me a few yesterday in exchange for one he did not have.

I've been cooking beef bouillion cubes with sliced carrots, chopped fresh rosemary and about 1/2 cup of cappellini pasta to make soup each night-it does smell delicious but once I've used the cubes up, I need to find a MSG free version or learn to make my own broth.

Today was the day I finished fall cleaning-had the kitchen to myself this am, so the fridge got vacuumed and shelves cleaned. I had little to toss out but seeing some meat that someone did not toss out last week (past expiry dates), I just put a note and told that person to deal with the meat. Giving the prices on two packages, I did not want the heat of tossing it out on my own. Dusted the ceiling corners, gave hinges and door knobs their oil, cleaned door windows, did a little trimming of the front flower area. There was a small tote bag of last peppers that has been on the floor for almost 5 days so I washed and sliced them-they are ready for chopping for salads, or whatever (like snacking). Had popcorn for lunch (plain). I did three loads of towels and bedding and dried them in the dryer.

Kept thinking the afternoon sky was on the very opening up. So far nothing but I might get wet later!

While cleaning the bathroom, I remembered that one of the two light bulbs has been flickering on and off at night. I dislike that immensely. So I realized it was one of the bargain LEDs sibling bought at Dollarama last year at this time. I fetched my LED bulb still in package. Light supposedly has 13yr life. Hmm, I pitched the flickering bulb out and put the new one in. (I still have a small stash of 60W incandescent bulbs that are my backup bulbs as well as the go to bulbs for my room and other lights).

May as well remind you that Hydro One did not put fall coupons for bulbs and timers this season in their mailout booklet; stores are doing instant discounts until Nov 2 or 4 on products.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@cath007 -lovely to have a visiting relative come to see you that cares about you! The grocery deals you find still amaze me. Do you have any friends in Laval? Café Ricardo is opening a second location on Nov. 18 there.
    @Angela273 -recycling seems a big effort in the Western provinces in that you have to go to a depot, not the local beer store for returns. Glad your eldest son made some money in the effort!
    @jasperandchar -have to see if I can find the episode link to the tv segment on RDI that I saw this summer. Toronto supposedly has the international auction house for fur trading according to the show I watched.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hello to Sweet Sparrow and Mum of 5 boys-hope all is well with you both. Today I plan a quick trip to Costco at opening time to pick up a few items-I like to avoid the crowds.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late morning everyone!!! I noticed the mailman come earlier today(10:30) than the others days of the week(12:45)The coop called and I think the inspection is for today or tomorrow.I had not finished the cleaning I did 75% of it so I am not feeling this one.I am a little bit frustrated with my pc offers I have 3000 pc points for 10$ spend on iams cat dry food.....and I already pass my fpc's so I could had made a profit of 20$ in pc points altrought perhaps i could not have the offer and it is one per person (the coupon)....I have offer of 100 pc points per 1$ on fresh beef and 100 pc points per 1$ in fresh chicken and will use 5$ off coupons for iams cat dry food coupons so that will boost my pc points to 20 000 =20$ for future grocery at least.Wishing everyone a great day!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Oct 26th, 2017 at 11:14 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It’s very windy here today, it currently feels like -10. I had oatmeal with brown sugar and milk for breakfast. I’m making lasagne tonight, which we will need to eat before we leave for the weekend. We will leave Saturday and return on Sunday. I already booked a hotel room with free parking and a continental breakfast.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@cath007 I have that Iam cat food pc plus offer, but we don’t buy that brand for our cats. I have an offer for 5,000 pts wub $40 in fuel, just in time for our weekend trip.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-hung a load out today -mind you its only 10 degrees so not drying that great ,I am feeling a little down over my daughter's situation was crying a bit this morning (its hard when you are a parent that's for sure) my sleep top came in from the gap27.00 I paid 9.80 -its long sleeve and so warm wish it was a little longer but hey its to sleep ,in the sleeves are a bit long too but I am keeping it
    Tonight I need a pick me up so hubby and I are going to harveys with a coupon then to pick up my prescription on the way home

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@coupon girl -it's ok to let your feelings have their outlet>stress relief. I read in a book that humans keep their feelings locked in their hip bones and one other area so author was recommending restorative yoga poses to help people find a way not to feel spent. You have been trying to support your adult kids and grandkids but you have to keep you in balance so you and DH have your lives going smoothly.
    @cath007 -hope you got the last few boxes cleaned/organized today! I never found the Iams single Perfect Portion packs so got rid of the coupon.
    @Angela273 -pleased you have a chance for a change of scenery!
    @lizzie bargain -were you able to find all your items at Costco today?

Decided to do a long walk today as weather is stable (grey clouds but no rain) for Monopoly game pieces and containers (weekend weather will be cold and wet, not a good combination for a walker like me). Have visited two libraries and borrowed some new magazines to get me through Friday (have a couple of DVDs too). Will see if I can get sibling to tackle stuff that just won't go out the door.

I added some cooked lentils (1/2 cup serving has 25g of protein!) to my quick beef soup for breakfast. Still feel relatively fed hours later. Though I will admit to eating 8 of 10 mini Mars bars yesterday as part of my carb vacuum Tuesday and early Wed (I also ate over 1 cup of carrot sticks due to craving sweets).

I printed off a sweet millet and chickpea stuffed peppers with rosemary and Parmesan recipe from Style At Home since I want to try cooking millet in a dish (plus it's a change from meat and rice in stuffed peppers). Have rosemary and most ingredients.

Chasing gift card contests-so many wants...plus appliances on wish list.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Got our new dishwasher last week-new counters are to be installed Monday. Fridge and stove will arrive by mid November-kerching, kerching. At least we do not need new cabinets or flooring-yet. Just went out for a bike ride-quite nippy out there but too much sitting today.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Ciel: Phew it was not the coop landlor who called it was for my father so I will have the week end to finish cleaning the remaining boxes.I am happy.Today we moved furnitures again and got a few boxes in the spare bedroom.I did cleaning the dishes and made supper(fresh pork tenderlions with vegetables).Thank you for the e-mail but I live in a small city and Linen Chest is in Montréal ....I want to make another trade but I have not the research of the person so I am offering stamps,the person was connected but never responded to me ...2 times it happen that frustrated me a lot.Wishing everyone a great evening and night!!!! I so hope to regain motivation to finish the cleaning this week end.
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Oct 26th, 2017 at 06:41 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thanks ciel-i enjoyed going out for supper with hubby to harveys -first stopped at indigo as she rang up some socks wrong yesterday got my .85 cents back -lol,then on to get my new prescription
    -just relaxing and started a new 1,000 piece puzzle all about television (all faces on it and colours so pretty hard and challenging)
    -towels didn't dry so hung them over the kitchen chairs

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am now offering a 5$ wal mart giftcard to that person for 30$ in coupons (I know it is not fair for me as the trade rule is 5$ giftcards for50$ of coupons) but they are fpc's and I really want them.Fingers crossed she accept my offer as it is on her wl!!!

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information