User Tag List

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1499Likes

Thread: October 2017 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have made $415 from selling stuff, mostly baby clothes, etc. I earmarked the money for this weekend. Normally it would be enough, but this weekend has a particular purpose and will be pretty expensive. Either way, selling the stuff will still cover most of the oop expense.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! I have been reading up on posts. Welcome back, JasperandChar! I miss reading all your posts and fantastic savings!

I am picking up a new leased vehicle tomorrow back in Chatham. The fellow who helped us when we bought this one has given me a very good deal. I have to have an SUV as I have to ride high because of an ancient back injury. Basically, I am just updating the vehicle I have minus a few bells and whistles that were important to my DH but not to me. My old church in Chatham is having their garage sale on Saturday so I will drop buy and unload some things that I have been wanting to get rid of and hug a few friends. Might even pick up a few bargains at the presale.

My stepson came up from Florida last weekend for his grandma's 90th birthday. It was a lovely get together and prompted my visit to the car dealer. They are ending my lease early, not charging for various dings and dents and I am able to get winter tires installed - just switch keys.

It also clears up an insurance issue because I couldn't update my insurance until my DH was removed from the lease.

Hope to get a deal from Michael's to switch out the flowers on DH's grave for a winter theme.

Am now living with my brother and his cat rather than my dog who couldn't handle all the changes. So I will have to get used to looking out for cat-food deals. My dear Sadie is being very well cared for by a dog rescue foster who 're-trains dogs with aggression issues.

I do miss the walks with her (and the snuggles.)

Is anyone winning anything with these Timmies monopoly stickers? What are the most desirable ones?

Have to try to catch some winks-woke up startled at 2:45 and haven't been able to sleep since.

I will try to finish catching up with your marvelous stories later. Pretty soon it will be the "November Frugal Chatter." Oh yes, it's CPP and OAS day today!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Fri, Oct 27th, 2017 at 05:17 AM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,

Part of me whats to say where has this week gone but in all honesty so happy it is Friday as I think I am coming down with a head cold. I was hoping it was just allergies mixed with holding 2 days of back to back training so a lot of talking which I was hoping was what was making my throat a little sore but today I fear it is a cold.

This week has been insanely busy, a lot going on but all is good as I accomplish a lot at work. Wish I could say the same at home but that is going a little bit slower. Oh well both Mom and Myself are off this weekend so I think we are going to tackle a few things but first thing first we have to clear out Mom's room as they are coming to fix the damage in her room from when the roof was leaking. Because it was from a roof leak the Condo Board has to pay for the repairs as the roof is their responsibility. They have to replace half the ceiling in Mom's room and quarter of the ceiling in the kitchen. As well we will be paying him to fix a hole behind our stove, the previous owner of the house needed a pieces of dry wall for something so we cut a hole behind the stove and it never got fixed and I now think that is how all of the mice are getting into our house. We will see once the hole is fixed.

Alright well time to get back to work, playing catch up now. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning ladies ,off to spend part of the day with my daughter-in-law ,she is going to take me to Costco and then I am treating her to lunch at swiss chalet (I haven't done anything special or really sat and talked to her in awhile) so I thought this would be a nice gesture,on a good note hubby had a few extra runs so and extra $70 this pay which will always help with my xmas spending .My daughter is going to montreal for 3 days to visit her cousin and his wife (she really needs a break)she is flying porter out of Toronto and is using her points to go ,I hope she has a relaxing time .Saturday we are invited to a 1st birthday I spend 20.08 and got 2 sesame books .70 each (from target a few years back had them in a tote)dress from gap 26.00 I paid 14.16 and tights from gap 14.99 I paid 4.52 of course I used free shipping last week from the gap and the 5.00 mystery cards they sent me plus an extra 25% off-frugal shopping is fun sometimes -oh and the dress has little white bloomers underneath don't see that much anymore -so cute

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

yippy its Friday and I am working at home. That always feels like a luxury. Next week I am traveling to the US for a few days for work so Friday won't be so easy.
    I am hoping to get some stuff listed on FB and spend the weekend cleaning my laundry room as it has become a dumping ground for all manner of things. exciting I know,
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good afternoon!!! I baked pumpkin cookies!!!! It smell so good in the house!!!! Next recepie is pumpkin soup monday !!! Supper is leftover chicken pasta stratazzini and a ceasar salad.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Last Friday night after work I went shopping and my Mom heard those words anyone who knows a crocheter or knitter fear hearing "I'll be in the yarn aisle"

I purchased over $400 worth of yarn for approximately $150. Almost all of this was paid for from money I made selling crochet items earlier this year.

I am making scarves for all of the girls in my family, each scarf needs 5 balls of yarn. Normally the yarn cost $5.76/Ball on sale for $4.00/ball plus 40% off = $2.40/ball, each scarf will cost me $12. I budget $20/person for Christmas so on these 4 items I have come in under budget by $8 per person.

Think I am off to a good start on my Christmas shopping.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hello folks! I have been reading up on posts. Welcome back, JasperandChar! I miss reading all your posts and fantastic savings!

I am picking up a new leased vehicle tomorrow back in Chatham. The fellow who helped us when we bought this one has given me a very good deal. I have to have an SUV as I have to ride high because of an ancient back injury. Basically, I am just updating the vehicle I have minus a few bells and whistles that were important to my DH but not to me. My old church in Chatham is having their garage sale on Saturday so I will drop buy and unload some things that I have been wanting to get rid of and hug a few friends. Might even pick up a few bargains at the presale.

My stepson came up from Florida last weekend for his grandma's 90th birthday. It was a lovely get together and prompted my visit to the car dealer. They are ending my lease early, not charging for various dings and dents and I am able to get winter tires installed - just switch keys.

It also clears up an insurance issue because I couldn't update my insurance until my DH was removed from the lease.

Hope to get a deal from Michael's to switch out the flowers on DH's grave for a winter theme.

Am now living with my brother and his cat rather than my dog who couldn't handle all the changes. So I will have to get used to looking out for cat-food deals. My dear Sadie is being very well cared for by a dog rescue foster who 're-trains dogs with aggression issues.

I do miss the walks with her (and the snuggles.)

Is anyone winning anything with these Timmies monopoly stickers? What are the most desirable ones?

Have to try to catch some winks-woke up startled at 2:45 and haven't been able to sleep since.

I will try to finish catching up with your marvelous stories later. Pretty soon it will be the "November Frugal Chatter." Oh yes, it's CPP and OAS day today!
    What SUV did you decide on? I'm thinking of getting one.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’ve done 4 loads of laundry so far today. Two loads were ski pants and jackets. I still want to do a load of toques, mittens, etc. I’ll need to pack for the entire family for the weekend. I’m somewhat sick and trying not to let it turn into a sinus infection.

Dh took our son to the Optomitrist this morning. He is thrilled with the small sticky spider that he picked at the end of the appointment. We were playing outside when my Daycare girl got picked up. I then took the kids for a walk to the mailbox and then we went exploring. We walked North and checked out a decorative brick wall that was at the end of a road, dividing two driveways. It looked pretty cool up close, it had two old farm scenes. While on the walk I picked up a clean grocery bag and we collected 4 bottles along the way.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-I had the greatest day with my daughter-in-law we first went to marshalls-i got Ashlyn a paw patrol housecoat 19.99 another xmas gift down and then on to Costco I spend 88.00 but did get my daughter-in-law nice sleepers for xmas 21.99-then over to swiss chalet for lunch saved 4.00 using my caa card 2 can dine for 15.99 deal -then in shoppers for my milk then home

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

This afternoon before baking my pumpkins cookies,I went shopping with my auntie.I went to La Senza for 2 bras(for the size I am now they are crazy expensive)50$ each then underwears 8 for 30$ (at least they where in sale)2 pyjamas set at ''La vie en Rose'' and 1 jogging pants,1 jeans and 1 t shirt at Jeans Factory for a total of 250$ outch my budget hurt so much but I needed those.....Have a great evening and night everyone!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Oct 27th, 2017 at 07:32 PM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

@barbis9 - I just basically bought an updated version of my old SUV-actually what they call a "crossover", I think.

It is the Mazda CX5 2017. They are coming up with a new design in 2018 so they have good deals on the 2017s.

Very comfy -nice size-nice features. Good warranty for 3 years but I paid for the warranty for the extra year I will have it.

My husband was a car dealer and he always recommended this.

Hope that helps.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning ,was up early 6.50 so at 7.00 a.m called the gap I noticed 3 items from 10 days ago are cheaper =a credit of 6.88 back on my credit card ,you do have 14 days to call and get it credited ,we have a 1st birthday party to go to at 2.00,but before that have to return an item to the bay bought my son the wrong size,and make a return to marshalls as the socks I bought for myself are not what they say they are -so happy done the xmas shopping for the grandkids just need a few stocking stuffers for them
    Ciel, lilo0003, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late saturday morning everyone!!! Another beautifull fall day +20 this afternoon before a rainy day tomorrow.I had send an email to my uncle (beloved mother side) and he respond to me so Its good to have news and a recepie of bite size ham and cheese I was looking for to make on hollidays or before .Altrought I have to writhe the recepie because my printer dont work........Wishing everyone an awesome day !!! Enjoy it!!!
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am still waiting a response to my trade offer(the sc member is not connected) but I did add 2 others coupons that I will re trade or roak to make that trade worthed for me.
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information