User Tag List

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Like Tree1499Likes

Thread: October 2017 Frugal Chatter Thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning all-windy here to cath and cold ,ordered a pair of pj's for Ashlyn 8.50 after codes and free shipping gap(cant beat that price)now all done Ashlyn ,a bit more for Sebastian and all done baby to be cara (coming nov 18-i feel my daughter-in-law will be sooner ) decided to clean my fridge (that's a job) with the glass shelves gotta be carefull -gee my white fridge is 19 years old and still running but alas some of the trim is coming apart from the magnet -we will wait til we need a new one if it isn't broken why not
    -supper tonight fish and broccoli for me -hubby said he may want scrambled eggs /bacon
    Ciel, cath007, list465 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Morning all-windy here to cath and cold ,ordered a pair of pj's for Ashlyn 8.50 after codes and free shipping gap(cant beat that price)now all done Ashlyn ,a bit more for Sebastian and all done baby to be cara (coming nov 18-i feel my daughter-in-law will be sooner ) decided to clean my fridge (that's a job) with the glass shelves gotta be carefull -gee my white fridge is 19 years old and still running but alas some of the trim is coming apart from the magnet -we will wait til we need a new one if it isn't broken why not
    -supper tonight fish and broccoli for me -hubby said he may want scrambled eggs /bacon
    I Love cleaning out the fridge and do it often! I cooked up a storm on Saturday so we didn't have to cook last night- Just take out all the containers and fill a plate and heat it up. This morning I used the leftover chicken to make DS a wrap for his school lunch and the other piece for me with rice for my lunch. It worked well. Will plan to cook up a storm tomorrow to get us through the rest of the week.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@coupon girl: my fridge is 17 years old ..oh my godness....it was my beloved mother one at our house.It leek a bit at bottom,froze in the behind shelves,but he was free lol and I will last it until he stop be functional or change it in the spring with a good sale...we are fruggal lol.
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Oct 30th, 2017 at 06:01 PM.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The gray skies and rain must be left over from the tornado that visited West Palm Beach in Florida on Saturday. Meanwhile I put out laundry to dry because it's windy! Someone had cranked the thermostat and it was at 72C-worried that the heating is on longer than necessary in the am and overnight. I know all of us at home can feel the dampness but there's a reason one roasts veggies or puts muffins into the oven in the morning-warmup the house time as well as build anticipation something will be ready to eat later.

Friday night, I visited the local Winners, Homesense and Marshalls stores-flannel sets for beds have trickled in. The Winners on Upper James had only one or two sets. I've decided I won't be walking out to Turner Park until that Garth St area roadwork and sidewalk ripping is mended. Too much hassle to walk on the shoulder while hydro crews have dug up at least 4 spots in the south sidewalk for overhead wire work matters. I may take the bus to see what Homesense at Eastgate Square has for flannel. It seems any full sets in solid pastels in full/double are the wet sand look, which I already have.

Found a few Monopoly pieces (repeats over the weekend) and one food prize in the Walmart parking lot yesterday, when I did a grocery run for Palmolive detergent, some food items and sewing needs. Also got the new First for Women issue. I never knew that petroleum jelly left overnight on a scratch on a coffee table can cause the wood to swell and minimize the scratch. Have the very issue with main table in living room so I will try that out. The only way that tip makes sense to me is any existing polish (a petrochemical) on the tabletop will be attracted to the petroleum jelly (another petrochemical, as in chemistry we learn that like attracts like).
    coupon girl and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@saundyl -whoa, you definitely were doubly fortunate with both incidents at home! Interesting bike purchase-how are you liking it?
    @cath007 -are you toasting the pumpkin seeds from all the pumpkins you are using in your cooking and baking? Or enjoying them raw on salads? Glad you have new fall items to wear!
    @avoncallingu -delighted to read of your recent Chatham adventures. May you get to see Sadie now and them for a snuggle. Your car sounds ready for winter!
    @jasperandchar -ooh, wine! Handy beverage to have in the pantry for cooking, macerating fruit, enjoying and adding to the poaching liquid for pears!
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Was in Shoppers to get a couple of the Kotex products on sale (good thing the pricechecker told me my product was on sale despite no sale price on the shelf for it) and I popped over to the lotion aisle--wow, my Vaseline Mature Skin Regeneration lotion is $1 cheaper ($4.99! I paid $5.99 before) on sale this week than two weeks ago! I bought another bottle and will put it into the bathroom sink cupboard for use after showers. Should last me through the next several weeks into the New Year.
    Still need to get some staples on the way home: table salt, long grain rice, white vinegar and maybe a tempting acorn or butternut squash!.

I looked at the price of granola cereal I'd need for the chunky breakfast cookies: 450g container costs $4.99. It might have just under 3 cups of granola-1 batch needs 2 cups of the cereal plus other dried fruit. Rather pricey for me. Will look at cereals in boxes to see if I can do better pricewise.
    @SassyAshley -when I passed the chunky yarn bin at Walmart yesterday, I was glad I don't knit yet! Vibrant balls of yarn were so delicious to look at! I do happen to have the Fall issue of Vogue Knitting from a third library branch-there is one knit scarf that has two inside pockets attached as one of the projects featured in the issue. Possible gift idea for someone who likes to have a place for keys or phone? It's in the Jade section of the magazine-all the knits were shown in green yarns.
    http://www.vogueknitting.com/magazin...ashion_preview
    saundyl, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Just realized I need a nightgown or pj set soon when I put the flannel bedding on my bed. Hmm, another sewing project to put on my to-do list.
    Angela273, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Ciel I use pumpkin cans purees because I find that easier lol !!!!
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to the gym on my lunch break. Feel great now! I am suppose to meet my friends tonight for a class but I have a million things I want to do tonight so now I won't feel guilty if I bail. But I will probably go since it is a short class so I can still do stuff at home.
    @Angela - Can you share your recipe for Healthy Monster squares? My youngest has a sweet tooth and is always looking for junk so I need to fill him up with better choices. (He's usually out of luck anyway since I don't usually have chocolate bars lying around the house lol)
    Angela273, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I will have my trade but without the 2 others coupons for my friend.But I am happy.I ordered the coupons for her on the site so that is no big matter to me.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

November thread is up: https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/423832...a/#post6837847

@coupon girl -this is the second news article this month I have seen about some countries not wanting secondhand clothing sold in their areas. Guess this is why you have noticed some price hikes in Value Village (name brands in particular have sticker shock I have noticed)! https://ca.yahoo.com/finance/news/ch...090000518.html

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Reminder that tomorrow is a bonus Senior's Day at the Bay-15% off for 60+ shoppers. If you prefer online shopping, the code is BONUS.

Lingering October coupons must clear out--find your last best deals or coupon fairy them!
    cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama this is the recipe that I created, it’s not from a cookbook.

Monster Cookie Squares
    3/4 Cup brown sugar (I often use 3/4 cup white sugar and add 2Tbs molasses, which is cheaper to keep in hand)
    1/2 Cup unsweetened apple sauce
    1 1/2 Cups creamy peanut butter
    3 large eggs
    1 TB vanilla
    4 1/2 Cups oatmeal
    1 tsp baking soda
    2/3 Cup m&m's
    2/3 Cup semi sweetened chocolate chips
    1 Cup dried cranberries

Make sure to add the M&Ms at the very end or else they will lose their colour. You can use all quick cooking oats in this recipe, or a mixture of old fashioned and quick cooking rolled oats.

Cream together peanut butter, unsweetened apple sauce, and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add baking soda and oatmeal. Mix in cranberries and chocolate chips. Lastly, mix in M&M's.
    Spread evenly in a 9x13" baking pan. Bake on middle rack at 350 for 20min, or until a toothpick comes out clean the edges will be lightly browned and the middle will look underdone, but it will finish baking as it cools in the pan. Let it cool for at least an hour so it can cool and firm up, or else serve it warm with a bowl and spoon. You don't want to over-bake these or they start to dry out.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Oct 30th, 2017 at 04:20 PM.
    Ciel, cath007, list465 and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    @Frugalbigmama this is the recipe that I created, it’s not from a cookbook.

Monster Cookie Squares
    3/4 Cup brown sugar (I often use 3/4 cup white sugar and add 2Tbs molasses, which is cheaper to keep in hand)
    1/2 Cup unsweetened apple sauce
    1 1/2 Cups creamy peanut butter
    3 large eggs
    1 TB vanilla
    4 1/2 Cups oatmeal
    1 tsp baking soda
    2/3 Cup m&m's
    2/3 Cup semi sweetened chocolate chips
    1 Cup dried cranberries

Make sure to add the M&Ms at the very end or else they will lose their colour. You can use all quick cooking oats in this recipe, or a mixture of old fashioned and quick cooking rolled oats.

Cream together peanut butter, unsweetened apple sauce, and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add baking soda and oatmeal. Mix in cranberries and chocolate chips. Lastly, mix in M&M's.
    Spread evenly in a 9x13" baking pan. Bake on middle rack at 350 for 20min, or until a toothpick comes out clean the edges will be lightly browned and the middle will look underdone, but it will finish baking as it cools in the pan. Let it cool for at least an hour so it can cool and firm up, or else serve it warm with a bowl and spoon. You don't want to over-bake these or they start to dry out.
    Thanks!! Ah but would have to be an at home food since there is PB in it!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Oct 30th, 2017 at 04:47 PM.
    Angela273, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Thanks!! Ah but would have to be an at home food since there is PB in it!
    Monster cookies are known for being peanut butter oatmeal cookies with candies in them. I don’t like having to bake specifically for school and home, but most schools are now nut free.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Oct 30th, 2017 at 10:17 PM.
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread Information