User Tag List

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1908Likes

Thread: Our friend Natalka

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Cath, I will be going home Tuesday. Lots to do until then, for sure - both here and things my husband needs to get and have done at home before he takes me there.
    I'm so happy to be going, but it's also kind of scary in a lot of ways,...

Our son went home yesterday, apparently he was doing well enough and was missing his stuff... Uh,. Gaming stuff!
    Natalka, boy do I understand the scray part about going home. I was pretty much confined to bed except for potty breaks which took the wind out of my sails, but when the time came a month or so later, when I was allowed to do stairs, I remember my friend and my DH near me, that black belt around me in case I lost my balance, and being in tears at the top of those 4 stairs, absolutely paralyzed with fear of falling. Looking down, those stairs might well have been Everest! I still had my full leg cast so had to "hop" down each stair.....I still don't know how I overcame my terror to actually take that first hop.

Nat, there will be challenges and scary moments, but you know you're a strong woman, and that you'll overcome everything too, to get back to normal health again. You may not ever "be the same" as you had mentioned, (I'm certainly not), but by heavens, you'll be alive and kicking! Ok, maybe not kicking, , but darn close!

Take good care, keep up the hard work, and just think how wonderful it'll be, to be home again!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Cath, I will be going home Tuesday. Lots to do until then, for sure - both here and things my husband needs to get and have done at home before he takes me there.
    I'm so happy to be going, but it's also kind of scary in a lot of ways,...

Our son went home yesterday, apparently he was doing well enough and was missing his stuff... Uh,. Gaming stuff!
    hi @Natalka even though it seems scary going home. You have a great family to support and help you along the way just take it one day at a time and I am sure you are looking toward to cuddle with your fur baby .Just focus on you getting stronger and better I am happy you will be home for the holidays. I am sure Milian was happy to be at home in his own bed and has his gaming stuff to keep him busy. Take care my friend all your SC friends are cheering on on this road u have to travel you came a long way and you can continue doing it .

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Wishing you a peaceful return home Natalka.
    Attachment 337473

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @Natalka I am excited that today you are going home to be with your family for your recovery hope everything is going smoothly. Don't stress about the little or big things . I am sure Milian and your DH are also looking toward for today. Good luck and prayers are offered for the entire family. Take care my friend

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Sending you gentle hugs as you transition back to your "home" environment.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

hope things are going well for you Natalka

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Are you home, yet???!!!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I'm home! Husband came to pick me up early afternoon, and getting in the van was easy, and I got through the snow on the grass before our walkway with the walker, and up the sidewalk. Went up the stairs like a pro, and into the house! A much easier process than the home visit a few weeks ago, that's for sure.

Ah, it is nice to be home, but it's not easy... and I'm totally exhausted right now. Just getting around takes some getting used to - my walker is too large to be used. I use the cane (and walls, and shelving... to help...). From the Sask. Abilities Council we have a free loan of a commode for the bathroom, as well as a metal fold-up walker for there. I need the commode for the height, as well as having the handles to help me get up - because of my knees. However, our bathroom is small, so I have yet to do some figuring out of the best set-up.

My very dear husband made an absolutely delicious supper (Sarma), so that was absolutely wonderful. He went and picked up all my meds, which I have yet to sort out. Ah, it was so easy when they are delivered to your bedside in a little cup!

And, oh, the kitties! They came to sniff me as soon as I sat down in the kitchen, then I had my husband bring me each one for a snuggle. I knew all would be okay when Taffy parked in front of me and started a conversation, with the odd sounds she makes... Later when I went to lie down for a bit, they each came to visit - Taffy for the longest - on my chest, flipping over for rubs then on top of my arm for a bit of a sleep. Vader was more shy - she just came beside me for a bit for head rubs.

It's wonderful to be home - and it will just take time to adjust getting around and handling things.

Milan is sad he can't be here to see me - but he's doing well, my husband went to see him yesterday.

That's it for now, I'm really so very tired.

Thanks to you all for your comments, good wishes, and prayers - all are so very much appreciated!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Yay!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Natalka, how wonderful that you're home! Just a suggestion, but if yoour space is limited, crutches sure are useful, even as things to help you onto the commode. "Sponge" bathing will be fun, also....sit on a nice big towel near the sink unless you can shower, which would be amazing! Lol! Heavens, the first shower?! Priceless! You still have a long recovery, Nat, so don't exert yourself trying to do things yourself. Has help been arranged for you? It'll be exhausting just walking to the washroom or the livingroom. Turning over in bed is exercise!
    Do take care, and have a wonderful sleep in your own bed tonight.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Dec 12th, 2017 at 09:43 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Great you are home.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Very happy to hear that you're finally home @Natalka !
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    @Natalka, how wonderful that you're home! Just a suggestion, but if yoour space is limited, crutches sure are useful, even as things to help you onto the commode. "Sponge" bathing will be fun, also....sit on a nice big towel near the sink unless you can shower, which would be amazing! Lol! Heavens, the first shower?! Priceless! You still have a long recovery, Nat, so don't exert yourself trying to do things yourself. Has help been arranged for you? It'll be exhausting just walking to the washroom or the livingroom. Turning over in bed is exercise!
    Do take care, and have a wonderful sleep in your own bed tonight.
    Good morning! Lol, yes being in bed seemed like exercise, even pulling the covers on! I was tired out and sleepy, yet couldn't fall asleep even with a sleeping pill, then was up almost every hour.

I had my last good shower in the therapy room at the hospital yesterday. No chance of me showering here, as you say sponge baths...

I'm okay with the cane, then steady myself with the walker in the bathroom. There is literally not room for anything else in there! We will have to decide whether or not to go with a bigger commode, this one has a small opening and that's a tad uncomfortable but the legs can have the height changed - and that was the reason OT chose this one. The other is set at 18 inches and we already have this one set at 19 in. We'll have to figure it out.

Yes I tried to do too much yesterday, I'll slow it down today.
    Milan called last night so it was great to have a long chat with him. He's just so frustrated being in that huge boot, really tough to get around but he's in no pain, just taking meds more to get the swelling down more. My husband will drive out there today to take him food and some goodies.

So today, more adventures in getting around my first full day... And I know I have to conserve my energy better! Take for now!

Love and hugs to everyone!!!
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, Dec 13th, 2017 at 09:03 AM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Welcome Home my friend!
    Prayers still offered for all!
    One day at a time Lord,One day at a time.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Glad everything went well. Rest when you need to.

Let us know how things are going. We're thinking about you and your family.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information