User Tag List

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1908Likes

Thread: Our friend Natalka

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother, Natalka.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Glad your recovery is coming along slow but steadily; so very sorry to hear about your brother.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Oh my. You were terribly ill. I hope you are doing much better now.

So very sorry to hear about your brother.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk
    Last edited by saundyl; Sun, Nov 12th, 2017 at 11:29 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

All my sympathies for the loss of your brother. We miss you Natalka, I wish you well.

Tangerine (ING Direct) Orange Key: 16442533S1 get 50$ reward for opening a No Fees account!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh, dear, sweet, wonderful Natalka.....so sorry to hear about your brother. That is just awful. I am sending you a big hug, if you'll allow me, and positive thoughts and prayers for you. This sounds like an extremely challenging time. You can't believe it when something like this happens. I hope you can tap into loving support from people who love you. We, here on SmartCanucks, love you! You have brought smiles and laughter to me during some very tough times and I, with all my heart, thank you for that. It hurts, right now, for you, and I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. Oh heck....here's another hug....

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks so much for all your heartfelt messages, it has indeed been a hard week. My sweet son represented us at the funeral; my husband was too ill to go as well.

I still continue to progress - walking with a cane isn't easy! I still have to use the walker mostly though. I have yet to do stairs well, though...
    I am getting cortisone shot(s) tomorrow in my knee(s), so hoping that helps, because the only other option is using opiates, which I don't want to do.

Love you all! Have to go, but more to say....

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Nat-my brother had cortisone shots in both his knees and ankles in August and fluid removed from his knees. The improvement in his pain level was instant and incredible. I hope they work as well for you. Sorry to hear your DH is not well!

Think of you every day and send positive vibes your way.
    Thanks for dropping by to let us know how things are going.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks for checking in @Natalka .

Very glad to hear you are progressing well (if not at the speed you wish to be moving at)
    DANGER

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Thanks so much for all your heartfelt messages, it has indeed been a hard week. My sweet son represented us at the funeral; my husband was too ill to go as well.

I still continue to progress - walking with a cane isn't easy! I still have to use the walker mostly though. I have yet to do stairs well, though...
    I am getting cortisone shot(s) tomorrow in my knee(s), so hoping that helps, because the only other option is using opiates, which I don't want to do.

Might lift you a little to decorate the cane with washi tapes or stickers just to get people to chat with you in the halls.
    Ask your physio team if any of them do fascial stretching work on patients. Worth a try to see if you can get it as in-patient and maybe handouts of exercies you can try bedside or at home. Don't know the state of most hospital libraries these days, but if there is one you can visit, see if you can find books on whatever you want to read up on for health/medicines. It may be in-library use only.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

G'day, Nat!
    Hon, I can so sympathize with you wrt your feeling like you're plodding along in your revovery. Going from wheelchair to walker is scary enough, but transferrung to a cane is even more frightening...I've been there a few times, as you know. You command your body to do what you want it to do and da*m it, it just won't cooperate. So discouraging! They want you to walk up stairs but you can't trust your legs not to collapse in the process, right? Downright scary. Even now, years later, most of the time I can't take a stair-step one at a time. But that's just me... still have that fear of falling.

I don't know what your specific challenges are, Nat, but I do understand the challenges of not being able to walk, so when I say that one day you'll be walking like a normal person, like I'm doing now, you've just got to believe it! It's just that our bodies know how long it's going to take, not us. I know you must get discouraged, that's normal. But you're tough, you work hard at your exercises, you rest when you need to, and you'll get there.

Wishing you strength throughout your journey, my Friend!!

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

Sorry for your loss Natalka, so sad to hear about your brother, BIGGEST HUGS!! take care

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post

Hi @Natalka I am glad you drop in with an up date. My mom has been taking cortisone shots for the past 10 yrs because of her knees and it really helps her to this day hope it will help you with the pain also.Just take this road you are on one day at a time . praying for you to Have the strength each day to do all that you need to do to move foward Take care my friend

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I'm heartbroken after reading your latest updates,especially the loss of a brother at such a young age.I lost mine at 39 so if you ever want to talk,feel free to PM.
    Continued prayers offered for all concerned.One day at a time Lord,One day at a time.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

Hope your recovery is progressing

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Just dropping in to say I am thinking you everyday Hope you are doing much better .

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information