User Tag List

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1908Likes

Thread: Our friend Natalka

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Just found out that Milan will have his surgery tomorrow, HERE at the same hospital where I am, a few floors down. My husband will go pick him up in the morning. Seems as though minimum stay for an ankle is three days a depending on other stuff... He's young and a fast healer.

So, it looks like I'll be going home Tuesday... Some things are already in motion.

Lynn I'm eating very well, hospital food, some home food, some junk! Not everything tastes good or right, yet.
    I've been on a sleeping pill since I've been in the hospital, very gentle one. I sleep at least five hours a night, interrupted though. I've gotten more sleep here than I've had in decades!
    All the best to Milan tomorrow; you mentioned hardware? Been there done that, tell him it's nothing, won't know anything is even there, and to take it easy.

Good on you for getting some rejuvenating sleep, Nat!! It's incredible how important deep sleep is in maintaining a healthy body, healthy cells, organs...I hope you continue on them when you get home and not get in to any more bad sleep habits. There's nothing wrong with sleeping pills, I've had to resort to them for weeks at a time when I was in pain at night after my surgeries, and it's nothing to just stop taking them! It's almost as if I taught my body to do what it was naturally expected to do: sleep for at least 8 hours a night. Now, I sleep at least that every night! When not interrupted by this stupid choking thing. But I got through last night without waking up! One step at a time, and the same for you, Nat...take it easy at home, don't start 'doing' stuff and getting sick again!
    Rest is so important!!

All the best to you and to Milan tomorrow!
    Skippy, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So happy to hear that you're going home soon, Nat! And that you're sleeping! Wow, I didn't realize that you slept so little during the night. I knew you kept wacky hours, in fact I believe I've commented to you in the past about it, but I didn't realize how bad it had gotten.
    I'm not one for sappy, motivational sayings. It's not a bad thing, it's just not my style, so I like to inject a little humor wherever I can.
    Skippy, Natalka, 22hicks and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hi Natalka so sorry to hear that Milian broke his ankle. I am happy to hear you are doing better than before and you are getting more sleep and eating better. Glad you will be getting home soon . you are correct it feels like your family is getting the short end of the stick but I know it will get better. Keeping u and everyone in the family in my prayers. Take care my friend

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

figures, I missed coming on this thread yesterday and turns out there was plenty to read about in here!
    Oh @Natalka what can any of us say? It's official.... you have met your quota ( probably surpassed it ) of poor health. It is time to walk away from all of this....Tuesday you say? now that you sort of have your legs back...thank God!

Not eating ( enough ), not sleeping ( at all it seems ), infections and medications that just were not doing the trick produced the worst combination for you. I keep thinking how fortunate we are here in Canada to have such good affordable ( free! ) health care.
    You've worked very hard to recover and to get where you are now physically ( hooray!! ) so definitely focus on that and don't fret too much about not getting back to the " old you " .

I am simply stunned at the darn timing for Milan to have that spill on the ice which resulted in a broken leg, and then your DH's newest medical situation ....honestly, I'll bet the 3 of you tossed your hands in the air as if to say " we give up! "
    We used to say at work " laugh or you'll cry " .....so even though things seem so rotten right now, please take time in each day to find something to laugh at and someone to laugh with.
    ( I volunteer! )

I will continue to keep your whole family in my prayers Nat. Take care.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I am so glad to see you posting again,but so sad what your whole family has been through all at the same time.
    You are all in my prayers and I see in the prayers of others.Indeed Group prayers as someone previously mentioned.
    I just pray for your healing and that of the rest of your family,and for much grace,peace,comfort and strength at this time and for the days ahead.
    May God just hold you all so close together,he is still there,may you all sense that despite what you are going through.
    Love&Prayers to you all!
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I've been off this forum for awhile so am very sad to hear of Natalka's illness. Prayers offered on her behalf.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks, all!

Milan made it through the surgery fine. I was able to go down a few floors to visit with him before they took him, then his recovery time was really long,.. all was okay but he just wasn't waking all the way up and he couldn't walk. My husband came to get me before 10 and Milan was still quite wonky. I don't know what time they ended up getting home.
    have a great day everyone.
    It's going to be a busy one for me with therapy sessions plus just getting things organized for going home.
    Skippy, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Thanks, all!

Milan made it through the surgery fine. I was able to go down a few floors to visit with him before they took him, then his recovery time was really long,.. all was okay but he just wasn't waking all the way up and he couldn't walk. My husband came to get me before 10 and Milan was still quite wonky. I don't know what time they ended up getting home.
    have a great day everyone.
    It's going to be a busy one for me with therapy sessions plus just getting things organized for going home.
    thanks for the update
    nice to hear that you are on your way home

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hello @Natalka.

I'm sorry I haven't been around much, and just finished reading all the posts on this thread.
    First, thank you @avoncallingu for starting it, and tracking Nat down in the first place.

It's wonderful all the support you've received from all your friends here on s.c. Nat, and you certainly have needed it all.

Belated condolences for the loss of your brother. So young, and you not being well enough to attend.
    Not to make it about me, but my sister's still upset she couldn't get to my DH's funeral. It was 9 yrs. ago yesterday, but she was undergoing surgery to remove her cancerous left lung, and that had to be a priority, as was/is your return to good health.

I remember your DH being in hospital, and you not being able to visit him, and now, your DS breaking his leg. Ok, now that's enough. They say He never gives us more than we can handle, but it's time to ask Him to turn His attentions elsewhere.

Seriously, I do pray for you and your family every day. Prayers do help, and it looks like you are on the road to recovery. You are making great strides. It's exhausting, hard work, but you're getting there. Never give up.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by 22hicks; Fri, Dec 8th, 2017 at 11:29 AM.
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hicks, thanks so much., The pic of stairs and the quote are very appropriate as that was my task for physio this morn.

Big hugs for you; tough time of year for you..

Just talked with my husband, they got home around midnight, and Milan was resting okay this morning.
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Dec 8th, 2017 at 01:37 PM.
    Skippy, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Natalka glad Milan surgery was a success. When u get home please make sure u have help in place and work at getting stronger. We are all Keeping the family in our prayers Thanks again for the update

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@walkonby -LOL at the cats' eyeing each other in the photo! Made my Friday with that laugh
    @Lynn49 -agree with your sentiment about wanting to be hands-on helpful for @Natalka & family.
    @Natalka -thank you so much for the recent updates. We're excited for you to be going home soon. Want Milan and DH to be feeling good as well as they can.
    @22hicks -hugs to you. If your sister can attend a memorial service one day to honour loved ones who have passed, that should help her with missing your DH's funeral. I've decided to attend a memorial service because I feel the need to acknowledge some passings in 2017.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Natalka :I hope you are at home safe and confortable.You will be in my prayers and thought until full recovery.Take care of yourself my dear friend,!!!!
    Skippy, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Cath, I will be going home Tuesday. Lots to do until then, for sure - both here and things my husband needs to get and have done at home before he takes me there.
    I'm so happy to be going, but it's also kind of scary in a lot of ways,...

Our son went home yesterday, apparently he was doing well enough and was missing his stuff... Uh,. Gaming stuff!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Nat-so exciting to be going home on Tuesday!!! Oh Happy day-but I understand the scary part too. We will all be thinking of you and your family-blessings for your continued recovery at home.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information