User Tag List

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1908Likes

Thread: Our friend Natalka

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Natalka--you are home!!! Yae! Loved your kitties--sniffed mommy to make sure it was really you then came for the belly/head rubs--precious creatures who make the world alright.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

oh nat so glad you are home -one day at a time ,take care dear

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hugs Natalka, I hope you get a restful Christmas and no more hospitals!
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oops, @Natalka I missed celebrating your homecoming!! Congrats on making that leg of the journey ( up the walkway, up the stairs into your home ) despite the snow. You married an angel, but you already know that! With him assisting your recovery at home by doing some cooking and running errands, well a body could get used to that treatment.
    Carry on with your efforts towards a much stronger and healthier you!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks everyone, for the welcome home and good wishes!

Walkonby, he is an angel, indeed. I am getting better at getting around every day, but there's a fair bit of pain especially by evening.

Husband is going to see Milan this afternoon, to visit, take him some food and stuff. I had a good talk with him on the phone yesterday and we message daily. He has an appointment with his surgeon Wed, to check in. Husband had tightened his boot earlier in the week, because the swelling had gone down.

There are so many things I want to do around here, but have to restrain myself... after all some things were not done in three months.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Thanks everyone, for the welcome home and good wishes!

Walkonby, he is an angel, indeed. I am getting better at getting around every day, but there's a fair bit of pain especially by evening.

Husband is going to see Milan this afternoon, to visit, take him some food and stuff. I had a good talk with him on the phone yesterday and we message daily. He has an appointment with his surgeon Wed, to check in. Husband had tightened his boot earlier in the week, because the swelling had gone down.

There are so many things I want to do around here, but have to restrain myself... after all some things were not done in three months.
    @Natalka glad you're getting better adjusting at home. Please pretend you cannot see what needs to be done at home and only concentrate on you getting Better and healthier I am sure that's with your DS and Milian will want also glad Milian is doing good. You are in my thought s and prayers every day. Take care

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hello @Natalka; I'm glad you're home. One day @ a time my dear. Things have sat for 3 months, what's one more.
    Continued prayers during your recovery.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Newfiescreech, Skippy and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Glad to hear you are moving forward and Milan, too! One week and then all the Hubub slows down. And the light starts to increase day by day. Take care, my friend!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Natalka , don't you dare do "stuff" around the house! Same thing I said to Hicks: In my experience, that "stuff" will absolutely wait patiently for you to get to them! Now it's your job to wait patiently until YOU'RE well enough to get to them. Patience, Grasshopper, don't retreat backwards in your recovery. Rest. Get well.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yes, stuff will wait - but I get bored, as well as impatient!

I still have to keep moving, and that hurts after a time - and it's so, so tiring to do anything remotely regular... It would be so much easier if there were room to use the walker, but I have to use the cane - which is difficult and I'm not very steady, though I've improved a lot.

My husband learned how to blanch cabbage leaves for holubtsi tonight, bless his heart!
    He went back to work today - he was only supposed to do two hours, but did four. He's pretty wiped out, so it's pretty hard to ask him for help...

Thanks, everyone, for your encouraging words!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Yes, stuff will wait - but I get bored, as well as impatient!

I still have to keep moving, and that hurts after a time - and it's so, so tiring to do anything remotely regular... It would be so much easier if there were room to use the walker, but I have to use the cane - which is difficult and I'm not very steady, though I've improved a lot.

My husband learned how to blanch cabbage leaves for holubtsi tonight, bless his heart!
    He went back to work today - he was only supposed to do two hours, but did four. He's pretty wiped out, so it's pretty hard to ask him for help...

Thanks, everyone, for your encouraging words!
    Most things that I thought were important, even traditions, I learned, can darn well wait; you both need to relax, rest without adding extra pressure. As for a recovery being boring, oh, yah!! I did a lot of sleeping because as you said, every little thing takes such effort.
    Best wishes on your continued recovery, Nat!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

That's great, Lynn... I just finished having a rest after I washed up!
    I don't want to test the limits of this heart condition, that's for sure. But it's not just that, it's just needing to continue to build strength, but it's a slower process than I thought, that's all.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I understand, @Natalka ; keeping some semblance of normality, particularly this time of year, feels good, and cooking traditional goodies is something you two can share. I remember the furst Christmas after my fall, 2 surgeries so far....dinner as usual was at the kids' home and all I could do was sit. And nap in the guest-room. Normally I'd have done my baking, shopping, wrapping, cooking, that year nothing at all. My DH did it all, and it was 7 months since my fall! Talk about feeling useless! I just had my second surgery at the end of November, so back to square one. Nat, THIS is the first year since then that I feel normal again! 3 years! Sheesh! 1 year since my new knee. So boy, do I get it: that useless, bored feeling.

Just try to rest more than "doing", pace yourselves, ok? Promise?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I do promise!

Christmas just won't be the same, and that's okay. It's not only because of me, but the situation Milan is in as well. I don't even know if we'll have a meal here together, or if my husband will just take him food and visit with him. He'll spend most of the day with him tomorrow - going out to the acreage early in the morning so he can 'bathe' him before Milan goes to see the surgeon in the afternoon. The hospital he needs to go to see the doc is not easy for getting around in, so he'll have a tough day, even if he uses a wheelchair.

I've not done any gift shopping, just online shopping to get some sweet treats. Hoping to bake at least a few things - and they are not hard to make, just our faves - which I should be able to handle with my husband's help. As for Christmas Eve supper, it's pretty basic - other than making the cabbage rolls, which just may take longer than my usual, but I can do it in stages. We usually have an 'appies' supper Christmas Day, but again that will depend upon what's up with Milan.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information