User Tag List

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Like Tree1908Likes

Thread: Our friend Natalka

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Natalka , quick note wrt Milan at the hospital: volunteers will push him in a hospital wheelchair wherever he needs to go. There'll probably be a lot of waiting time, though. Nothing happens quickly in a hospital. Wish him luck!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, my husband will be with him, so he'll do it. It's just that it's at the busiest hospital, and hopefully the waiting isn't too horrible.
    The drive from his place is about 45 minutes, then another 20 to cross the city, and he finds it rough to be in a vehicle with that big boot. I feel so badly for him to be going through this...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Lynn, my husband will be with him, so he'll do it. It's just that it's at the busiest hospital, and hopefully the waiting isn't too horrible.
    The drive from his place is about 45 minutes, then another 20 to cross the city, and he finds it rough to be in a vehicle with that big boot. I feel so badly for him to be going through this...
    Yikes, that is quite a drive for your Hubby. Does he use a tensor or anything like that to relieve some of the swelling and or pain? I'm probaby out of the loop here, but what's being done about his condition?
    I hope Milan's appt is early in the day, it gets like a traffic jam at hospitals as the day wears on, and your DH will have a daylight drive home...
    DH and I made sure we had our tech gadgets with us to pass the time, or we'd wait in the dining-room having coffee or breakfast/lunch.
    Good luck to both of them, Hon!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh boy, I can see from reading back a bit that many challenges still face all 3 of you @Natalka . I'll bet your DH getting back to work, even if for just a few hours a day brings some normalcy back to his life though.
    I agree with the advice you have gotten wrt to resting and letting go of whatever those chores are that are driving you nuts right now that you cannot get to.
    Easy for us to say eh? I am the same as you, I'd be insisting I have to " do some of them " ha ha

I sure hope that by hook or by crook you can at least all be together over Christmas....even if the meal(s) and foods/treats are not up to par, the tradition of staying close outweighs them. I'll continue to pray for the best of everything for your family Natalka.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    That's great, Lynn... I just finished having a rest after I washed up!
    I don't want to test the limits of this heart condition, that's for sure. But it's not just that, it's just needing to continue to build strength, but it's a slower process than I thought, that's all.

Somethings unfortunately take time and healing is one of them.I'm with you that it is slow,but like you say it is a process.
    Remember,one day at a time Lord,one day at a time.Which is the wisdom an older lady at church passed down to me each Sunday.
    I've taken the liberty to change it to hour or minute,because it can be so trying sometime.
    Remember you&yours are never truly alone.
    Continued prayers offered for all.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Yikes, that is quite a drive for your Hubby. Does he use a tensor or anything like that to relieve some of the swelling and or pain? I'm probaby out of the loop here, but what's being done about his condition?
    I hope Milan's appt is early in the day, it gets like a traffic jam at hospitals as the day wears on, and your DH will have a daylight drive home...
    DH and I made sure we had our tech gadgets with us to pass the time, or we'd wait in the dining-room having coffee or breakfast/lunch.
    Good luck to both of them, Hon!
    My husband will be seeing a surgeon about his hernia in January. Nothing he can do now except try control the pain - and not do anything to cause more hurt... but just regular life seems to hurt him, let alone all this extra helping out he is having to do.

Milan's appointment is 1 p.m., so he has to be there by noon.
    The drive to his place is not great at night - part of it is on a regular highway, part on a secondary one. The worst is the animals there - always deer, and often fox and skunks. Of course, the worry is always hitting a deer.... and I'm not so sure rutting season is over yet!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hi Natalia glad you are doings OK recovery takes time be patient and it w I'll happen. I always believed that GOD always give us what we can handle and we are all asking him to watch over your family and its time he move to some place. We are all thinking and praying for you and the family. Take care

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

So happy to see you back on here again Natalia. I have been off here for a long time but it so nice to come back on and see so many of our old friends. Try to stay positive and rest as much as possible. Prayers and Good health offered for the Christmas season and the new year. It can only get better from here. Love and hugs. Judy

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello, Natalka! I am up early listening to all the snow removal efforts going on outside. My gosh, I am glad I am in an apartment. Outside parking, though. I had to brush my car off 4 times last night between going to choir practice and then a party at a friend's house. She is on a jag of making mittens from old woolen sweaters lined with fleece and I was delighted to receive a pair. Very soft and warm!
    The talk of the party was a GIGANTIC pretzel which someone brought.
    I arrived late and because I was the last to leave, I got a lot of leftover goodies.

I made a pomander from an orange with cloves. Her partner is very sensitive to smells, so I had to check about the smell of cloves before I made it.

I am sending all my good wishes your way. A long time ago, I hurt my back and had to lie on my back for months. (Wouldn't be recommended now) but that went right through Christmas.

Perhaps you could save your more taxing traditions until Ukrainian Christmas -that would give you at least another 12 days.

I'm sure your body will guide you. But we Capricorns can be -shall we say -determined-plodding on when we should rest.

My friend is in Australia with all her family and is enjoying the longest days of their year. What a surprise she will get when she returns next Thursday!

Well, my new, old doggie is stirring, wondering what I am doing shining a light on her so early. She was just "barking" in her sleep a few minutes ago.

Take care, Nat!
    Merry Christmas!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks, again, for all your good wishes, encouragement, ideas, and prayers!

Yes, i've learned about good days and bad ones.... because of how I've tried to do more household things, my lower back gets strained and unfortunately yesterday I had a tinge of the old sciatica, which my husband mostly massaged out in the wee hours of the morning. I let him know that I just can't do stuff I thought I could help with more, I made the mistake of not easing into it all more slowly... but I felt badly for him. He just didn't realize how badly off I am.

Milan had a great appointment with his surgeon, had x-rays and stitches out, and is able to spend a lot of the time now with his boot off - overnight, and around his house IF he's careful. He likes the freedom of being able to scratch! Still not sure when/if we will be able to get together. He was so wasted tired from his appointment and trip Wed. that he couldn't come see me... My husband will be going to see him this afternoon, to wash him up and visit.

I need to get better at balancing keeping moving - read that as walking and keeping up my strength and muscles I've already built up - and conserving energy, which is hard to do with my heart and lung conditions - let alone all else I have to deal with. Frankly, I think I have 'more' than I can handle...

Wishing everyone sugarplum dreams!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @Natalka happy that Milian appointment went great. Now you my friend haver to keep working at getting better do as much as you cash to built your strength up and when you are tired just take a rest. Hoping that you are can be together for the holidays. It does not have to be a fancy feast just simple things as long as you get to spend time with each other. Hope today is a very good day for you. Take care my friend

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Continued prayers for you&yours.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Still praying for you&yours my friend.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thank you Skippy, and everyone! Prayers and well-wishes, good thoughts and all are most welcome!

Some things are getting a bit easier with practice, others not... Some things will always be tiring and exhaust me much more than usual, because of my heart and lung conditions - so it's not just that I'm having trouble getting around.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

an early morning post to say hope you are continuing to find strength in your day to day routine.
    No good reason for me to be up this early, but since I was, thought I'd load my PC Plus offers (the usual boring 100 points on things ) and read a few threads.
    Have a good day @Natalka !

babies teach us acceptance

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information