• 1 Post By bhlombardy
  • 2 Post By walkonby
  • 1 Post By bhlombardy
  • 1 Post By Colsgirl

Thread: Sears Extended Warranties - rebate

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I saw on the news tonight, that if you paid for an extended warranty with Sears with visa or MasterCard - these credit card companies will deal with Sears. Your extended warranties will be pro-rated and reimbursed back to the customer.
    This thread is currently associated with: Sears
    Colsgirl and walkonby like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dagney View Post
    I saw on the news tonight, that if you paid for an extended warranty with Sears with visa or MasterCard - these credit card companies will deal with Sears. Your extended warranties will be pro-rated and reimbursed back to the customer.
    that should be a MAY be... not a WILL be. Each case is different. My mother submitted her request and has been warned that it is likely to be denied based on the date of purchase of the warranty. Even though there is more than half of the warranty remaining (which is understandably null at this point). My point being, it's not a promise or a guarantee. It's a case-by-case basis.
    walkonby likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    that should be a MAY be... not a WILL be. Each case is different. My mother submitted her request and has been warned that it is likely to be denied based on the date of purchase of the warranty. Even though there is more than half of the warranty remaining (which is understandably null at this point). My point being, it's not a promise or a guarantee. It's a case-by-case basis.
    Ahhh I haven't tried yet for my rebate. Nice to hold Sears "feet" to the fire though after they treated their workers so shabbily.

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

How do I submit a request? I purchased a two-year warranty on my dishwasher in May.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bargain Seeker View Post
    How do I submit a request? I purchased a two-year warranty on my dishwasher in May.
    I believe you have to contact visa or MasterCard (only if you purchased using these credit cards) and they will open a file to pursue Sears.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I did my request with Amex ( card I used ) , faxed them the copy of the extended warranty just bought June 1st 2017 to cover repairs to our dryer till 2020. Waiting for them to mail me a specific form to process the refund....they sounded hopeful that I would be reimbursed, so we'll see.
    dagney and Tweets77 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Fingers crossed for you @walkonby !

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I did my request with Amex ( card I used ) , faxed them the copy of the extended warranty just bought June 1st 2017 to cover repairs to our dryer till 2020. Waiting for them to mail me a specific form to process the refund....they sounded hopeful that I would be reimbursed, so we'll see.
    Oh suberb! I've had excellent luck with Amex on CS matters in the past.

I dropped and smashed my cell phone (Galaxy s7) a few months after buying it (outright, not on a contract). I was angry (at myself) but for a goof, I called Amex about their buyer's insurance, and they took care of making sure I was able to replace it at no cost. I ordered a replacement direct from Samsung and they covered the cost.

So that could bode well for your claim. Good luck!
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Wed, Oct 25th, 2017 at 05:45 PM.
    dagney likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not usually into buying extended warranties, but did get a 5-yr one on a new upright Freezer, but only because the sales agent promised we'd get a $200 cash card after 5yrs IF no warranty calls were needed. Well its about to be 5years. Should I submit a request for some sort of cash voucher at least, that we could use during the liquidation period?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pointsman View Post
    I'm not usually into buying extended warranties, but did get a 5-yr one on a new upright Freezer, but only because the sales agent promised we'd get a $200 cash card after 5yrs IF no warranty calls were needed. Well its about to be 5years. Should I submit a request for some sort of cash voucher at least, that we could use during the liquidation period?
    Unless you plan on spending $400 it isn't worth it. We have had an extended warranty a couple of times and they do send you a voucher if you haven't made a claim in that time. The voucher is usually for half of what you paid for the warranty and can only be used for up to 50% of what you are buying. So if you get a $200 one, then you would need to spend at least $400 before taxes.
    Pointsman likes this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Thread Information