• 2 Post By Arjon
  • 4 Post By MillieH
  • 3 Post By Arjon
  • 1 Post By endi2000

Thread: What do you think ?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi.... A family member goes into one of the Canadian superstore and notice their PC laundry detergent. The one below on sale

https://www.realcanadiansuperstore.c.../p/20663613_EA

It was for $5 bucks and change, so she told me about it and I went to check it out at my CS store only to find the exact item at the regular price. I spoke with the store manager there and she basically said some store can have sales on items were by its only available at that store. I asked how can that be, she explain to me and said some stores at times can order more than what they needed and have an overstock on a item. I said yeah okay but that's not fair for others in the other areas not to have the same deal. In the end she gave me the same sale price but I felt many that buy this item will pay the full price because they just don't know any different . Am I wrong to think its not right ?
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS
    Last edited by dude905; Sun, Oct 22nd, 2017 at 12:35 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You win some, you lose some. I was in the Superstore in Oakville today and got licorice for $0.84 each. I know that if I was in my regular Superstore, I wouldn't have found licorice for $0.84. Right place, right time. That's just how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by dude905 View Post
    Hi.... A family member goes into one of the Canadian superstore and notice their PC laundry detergent. The one below on sale

https://www.realcanadiansuperstore.c.../p/20663613_EA

It was for $5 bucks and change, so she told me about it and I went to check it out at my CS store only to find the exact item at the regular price. I spoke with the store manager there and she basically said some store can have sales on items were by its only available at that store. I asked how can that be, she explain to me and said some stores at times can order more than what they needed and have an overstock on a item. I said yeah okay but that's not fair for others in the other areas not to have the same deal. In the end she gave me the same sale price but I felt many that buy this item will pay the full price because they just don't know any different . Am I wrong to think its not right ?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    You win some, you lose some. I was in the Superstore in Oakville today and got licorice for $0.84 each. I know that if I was in my regular Superstore, I wouldn't have found licorice for $0.84. Right place, right time. That's just how it is.
    This is true I guess but I always thought same stores same prices everywhere but this is not the case
    barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Should be advertised as an in store special
    barbis9, cath007 and dude905 like this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

The answer the manager given you make sense to me.
    barbis9 and GoJays like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

You are Lucky she give you the sale price.
    barbis9, GoJays and dude905 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

This happens all the time just a few weeks ago I was working out of town so ran into No Frills there to grab the Beef Roasts that were on sale to my surprise they were marked to $1.81/lb, flyer price was $2.47/lb. Meat department said they were double shipped so they marked them down, out of curiosity I went into my local No Frills where they were $2.47/lb. This happens all the time it is like others have said right place right time.

Where I live there are 2 Real Canadian Superstores within 15 minutes of each other but technically in different towns and you see if all the time that they will have carts of items marked down the other store may not have.

It is just business, I do not work in a grocery store but even in our company (building supplies) this happens. A branch ends up with too much of something we try to move it and if it doesn't move management tells them to blow it out at a reduced price. Only customers going into that branch will get the Blow Out price as our goal is to not pay transport fees to move it within the company. As easy as it sounds to move it you have to remember everything has a fee to it in our case, mileage on the truck, wear and tear, driver hours, gas, shippers to load and off load, it really does add up.
    endi2000, barbis9, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

My reaction is a bit of surprise that anyone who has joined SC, even a newbie, seems unaware of in-store specials.
    barbis9 and GoJays like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    My reaction is a bit of surprise that anyone who has joined SC, even a newbie, seems unaware of in-store specials.
    To be honest I never gave that much thought or notice before, again I always thought if a store had a sale it would be at all their stores but again this isn't the case . Also, what about the thing when it comes to price match, wouldn't that follow under the same circumstance ?

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

In store specials happen because that particular store wants to clear out items that aren't selling fast enough.. some things sell better in some areas than in others.. You can't price match an in store special or a "clearance" item. When we find these deals, we nab as many as we will use and if we have a points offer and or a coupon even better. These sales vary due to quantity, management and factors we know nothing about.. I'm just grateful when I stumble on unadvertised sales.. they usually rock~
    endi2000, barbis9, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dude905 View Post
    To be honest I never gave that much thought or notice before, again I always thought if a store had a sale it would be at all their stores but again this isn't the case . Also, what about the thing when it comes to price match, wouldn't that follow under the same circumstance ?
    In general, price match actually means advertised price match, not any price match. WM actually calls it "ad match". So there is no promise to match unadvertised prices. And there are almost always more exclusion; e.g. only matching a specific list of competitors, only matching nearby ones, etc.
    barbis9, cath007 and dude905 like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

On the advertised price issue - if you look at the flyer - it will tell you where the prices are applicable. There was a restaurant chain who used to advertise in one of those local little books - it was even more cinfusing because it stated 'participating' stores - but didn't clarify which those were. Very embarrassing to be standing at the till and finding out that this location was no 'participating'. I have learned that one must read the fine print and then expect a notice in the store announcing a 'misprint' and they won't honour the printed ad.

Long and the short of it is....the store is entitled to price their wares at their comfortable price - advertise their specific sales and price match if they choose. I don't see any reason why they should have to match another store's unadvertised price or markdown. This is a free society and that is what free enterprise is all about
    cath007 likes this.
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

Thread Information