User Tag List

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1334Likes

Thread: November 2017 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Do you know that in the past 7 + years I have had my hair cut twice lol. The beauty of long hair. I just had it done this year and she commented on how healthy my hair was without getting it trimmed all the time.
    Enjoy the long locks while you have them!
    Angela273 and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 -hugs go out to you in hearing the news so late in the year. Your Aunt who is having her surgery likely is of the generation of keeping her business private. Hope you and other extended kin are able to figure out meals or delivery services of groceries for her to help her in recovery. One less thing for her to think about. As for Christmas, if there is a way for your family to be in the area near your Grandparents a day or two earlier, perhaps a potluck open house can be had at a relative's home or just a gathering honouring their 60th-quite the achievement! Calls for photos.
    Angela273, barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Ciel the Aunt lives with her brother, so someone lives at the house and is able to help when he isn’t working. The Aunt has been retired for a number of years. Their mom is the one that passed away in May, Grandpa died when I was 3yrs Old.

The 60th Anniversary of my Grandparents has a family celebration planned for December 26, which is their actually wedding anniversary. They are my mom’s parents.

Tonight’s supper was a bit late. We had roast picnic ham, scalloped potatoes, and canned pineapple. We will have leftovers tomorrow night with additional veggies. I used my new $2.99 hand slicer and it worked great on the garden potatoes and onion. I still need to find a better scalloped potato recipe. We aren’t big potato eaters.

I bought some night diapers from a lady, since her twins are potty trained. $5 was a good price for them.
    I also bought a medium sized gift bag stacked full of kitchen towels and wash clothes. Some of the towels are brand new with tags, good condition, others are dated, have some stains, or small holes. Some of the towels in our kitchen were purchased before we bought or house and some have holes in them. I ultimately won’t keep this entire bag full because it is more than we need or can fit in the drawer.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Nov 22nd, 2017 at 11:29 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I can smell Friday! We have hockey tonight, tomorrow night and Sunday. Visiting with family on Saturday. Will pop out to their local Costco while there since it isn't far and see what I find. (Getting the new Wimpy Diary book for DS for sure).
    Tonight's dinner will be leftovers with eggs and toast. Tomorrow night we are on the road so will probably just get DS a sub at subway on the way. Everyone else can fend for themselves.

Will keep at the laundry. Never ending.
    Angela273, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Walmart did not have the sale laptop out on display when I checked last night. Visited the online website and it seems the laptop has no cd/dvd drive, so that means the model won't suit me (want to be able to play media on a drive). Also visited Cdn Tire last night-all the $39.99 Crockpots are sold out unless CT is willing to sell their display unit. As for wrapping paper, I did not see the same berries and leaves on purple pattern but did notice in the Canvas luxury wrapping kit that one roll is a matte toques and hats print, amongst the foil and holiday print rolls.

Walmart has a slightly different CrockPot on sale for $37 and change-back main aisle of Ancaster store. Noticed that StarFrit has a rectangular storage container that could also suit for baked goodies.

I could not find the RCA 7" tablets that are on special today but my store has only one left and mixed reviews. Ditto the ProScan tablet (Rexall will have a version of the tablet, stylus and case on sale tomorrow too).

Better plan to look for more laptop models with dvd drives and plan on spending more than $300. I will review Acer's site regarding what programs come with their laptops.

Phoenix Arizona is mighty warm today for US Thanksgiving.

Noticed a hazelnut cake in Alive magazine that might interest the bakers on the forum. Will see if it's online.
    BTW, Anna Olsen is doing an HPL Central baking appearance that has a ticket fee, with proceeds going to a university scholarship fund. Paper indicates Dec. 4 event.
    barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Have all the Optimum fans checked to see if they have special Nov. 24 offers to load on their cards? There were three related to gift sets or beauty on my account but I'm not shopping for those items. E-mail came today about the weekend points redemption event-I'm not even in that league of points!

I received a post-summit survey today so I completed it and look forward to next year's event.

If you still have McDonald's Monopoly game pieces, you can still add them to your online board. Prizes have to be claimed by Dec. 5, which is not too far off. Two vehicles have been claimed but there still remain 4 HBC gift cards of $2000 available. Don't I wish I had one of the winning properties for that prize--yes....

I'm deliberating about walking out to a Rexall to check out the 25% off Hallmark Xmas cards. Tomorrow will be really windy but the 25% off offer ends today. The longer Mom & I delay on buying cards, the fewer selections that will be available. It would not hurt to have cards ready to mail next Monday. The free stamps offer continues in the new flyer wus $25 or more on Hallmark products.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-popped over to Canadian tire this morning at 9.05 as I told very pregnant daughter-in-law I would for a 1/2 off Barbie horse -nope sold out as store opened at 7.00 a.m (the line-ups were unbelievable at 9.00-only 4 cashiers on which is unreal -if you are doing a special flyer with half price deals you should have the people on (sorry I worked retail and we always had backup to help out )hense why I love on-line shopping hate the crowds,came home and then went to bone density test -such a nice easy comfy test ,then popped into giant tiger on the way home but needed to be in a hurry as just incase hubby needed the car as she is 3 days overdue -my soon to be grandaughter must be so cozy in there -lol
    -rant of the day for me giant tiger wouldn't price match my head of lettuce to lococos ad for .77 as the flyer said u.s.a and the lettuce they sell is from Canada -uggg so didn't buy it for 2.00
    -supper green beans,carrots the other half of the pork loin from last week and mashed potatoes
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Nov 23rd, 2017 at 03:54 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had another $11 sale today.

It is +14 right now, what little snow we have is rapidly melting. My new Daycare girl stayed home today. I had our twins and my Daycare girl outside for 1.5hrs again today. We walked, without the stroller, to the park. I picked up one can and grabbed the mail on the way home.

I need to update my trade list with new coupons, but I rarely get the opportunity to sit down at my computer. When I have tried editing my trade list on my phone it completely messes up the formatting.

I still need to finish checking out Black Friday flyers, but I like some stuff at Sobeys already.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Nov 23rd, 2017 at 05:48 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Since we have flyers posted on the forum, I managed to look through the regular ones of interest without having seen what's in today's bundle at home. Was happy to see that my current Sobeys offers are good for one more week plus a few new offers for next week that I had loaded.
    I did trek to Rexall to get my discounted Xmas cards. More weekend can walking for me to build my bank account up again in less than a week. Did find 2 McCafe stickers!
    Happen to walk past the Canada Post owned outlet in the big box land. As of Dec. 4, it's no longer taking in-person passport applications. So if anyone was planning on using their post office in the next week for passport applications, you might want to check that is still possible.
    Popped into Homesense-over half of their flannel bedding sets are sold; most are queen, some are king and very few are full/double size. Suggest you shop this weekend if you still need flannel-you might not see it in December! Marshalls has very little in flannel. I did not go into Winners.

I will have a late dinner tonight and I will make tea to go with it. Pity there's no cake...

Stores and malls have various hours tomorrow. The Ancaster Walmart will open at 6am, 1 hour earlier than usual. I feel so sad for the staff who have to go in so early. I will not step into the store tomorrow.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl , I had RCSS try to do this to me a few years ago where they said the origin needed to match, even tried talking to a manager who told me they did this as how could they be sure product of Canada and Mexico were the same quality. So I contacted there head office who contracted the manager who sent me an email stating this was not their policy as long as the type and size of the same they would match. For about 6 months I carried the email with me and if anyone tried to deny my price match I pulled it.

Lately one No Frills has been trying to pull is the brand the same on produce and I am like produce has no brand. I Price Matched Orange Peppers a few weeks ago and they kept asking for the brand, there is no brand it is an Orange Pepper. Most items I have been able to get but the one I never seem to be able to get is Mushrooms because Freshco always has Compliments Mushrooms they will never honour my price match telling me it is a different brand of Mushrooms then they carry.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Where oh Where has this week gone, I feel it flew by which is great but at the same time I feel like I am not as far on a few projects I would like to be.

Last night I went into Wal-Mart to grab a few things since it is literally 2 minutes from where I had to drop something off for work. Big mistake as this Wal-Mart has nothing, almost every item I went to get was not in stock and they were not even items that were on sale they were just items we needed like Mouse Traps. I ended up only getting 2 items.

I am on the search for a variegated Pink yarn for a gift and cannot find one anywhere that does not include a white which will not work, I am giving it to a small child and I can already hear her Mom fighting to get the white areas clean.

Monday night I was sitting on the couch and had 2 of the 3 Scarves I made for female significant others in the family when I knew Mom was leading up to something. I got "How long does it take to make one scarf?" then "How many balls of yarn go into each scarf?" then "Which yarn do you use for those?". Needless to say I am now making 4 more for the girls at her work which worked in her favour the yarn I need is one sale this week so each scarf is costing her about $10 to $12. A couple are costing a little more as she wants me to use a different colour and trim out the scarf so she needs an extra ball of yarn for me to do that which is why some are $12.

I am kind of torn on what to do tonight, I really just want to go home after work as almost every night this week I have gone out after work for something but I see there are a few items on sale at Canadian Tire I could use as Christmas gifts. Wondering if I would be able to run there and back on my lunch today since they did move last year just down the street from the branch I am working in and I checked and they have stock of all the items I want.

I tried to check Wal-Mart for the items I want but they have taken away the ability to see who has stock on their website.

Oh well guess we will see how the day goes and work from there.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well ladies I am a nana again on black Friday nov24-Cara- 7 pounds eight ounces 20 inches and beautifull mop of black hair she looks like my son a bit (dimple in her chin)and her sister Ashlyn born at 6.40 this birth was easier for my daughter-in-law this time
    we got called at midnight to get to my son house which is 14 minutes away then I couldn't fall back asleep Ashlyn woke me up at 1.00 a.m then I got her back in her bed -so I am a little tired just got home from hospital and Ashlyn is sleeping over at our house as daughter-in-law is coming home on sat morning -we offered to give them time with their new baby daughter
    -Ashlyn is over the top she said I am like a mommy when she held her in the hospital

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Shopped online via Ebates - getting 8% back from Clinique - the website has most things 25% off today, free delivery and because I spent more than $75 I'm getting my favorite full sized body butter for free worth $43 - woo-hoo! My early Christmas gift from....hmmm my cat

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Congrats Coupon Girl

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The yards are basically green again. The kids wanted to play indoors this morning, which I was ok with because the yard is wet. I sorted and posted 4 small bundles of baby clothes and accessories.

Last night was our son’s first student led conference, aka parent teacher interview. He aced various assessments and impressed his teacher in most areas, so he will not need to redo the spring assessment for the government. We briefly visited the book fair before it closed. We bought him a PAW Patrol book that is made of laminated pages and included a nice little marker for $13.50. We red all the story that went with the alphabet, there are also activities and number practice. I told our son that it was an early Christmas present.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Nov 24th, 2017 at 03:42 PM.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information