User Tag List

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1334Likes

Thread: November 2017 Frugal Chatter Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Went to Sears and found the coat I wanted....was originally priced at 79.99 but I got it for $55. Very happy as I would rather get it now for the warmer fall days and it was the last one in my size I found out the Mapleview Sears store will close on Dec 31st.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Stopped in at a Sears on our route today. I have been keeping my eye on a sewing machine pully cart. I have developed an issue from lifting heavy things. In Kitchener, the one I saw was $116.00 then the price went UP to $139.00 with 10% off. I was ticked.

But today, I found it for $116.00 with 50% off. Still expensive but I can't risk injuries.

I am happy with this.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

today woke up and hubby was off work ,so I said lets go to marksworkwarehouse as I need a few new clothing and hubby does and since we don't buy for each other for xmas why not -hubby got a lovely sweater24.. I got a top 11 something both were 40% off and I got a light zip up jacket 24=came to 66 after the 10.00 promocard when you spend 50 or more
    -then I came home and my gap pkg was in ,but as I opened it it was someone else order addressed with my name on outside ,so the woman lives in Winnipeg -lol I got her girls 3 pkg socks and she must have gotten my pizza socks I bought for Sebastian -well I called gap and they no longer have the pizza socks but I told her I will return these next week as I go past the mall-so she gave me a 15% code good for 6 months off the gap (nice gesture)
    -supper tonight pizza pizza used my giftcard I bought from shoppers last week where I saved 5.00

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! It frozen this night.I am just relaxing and chilling today.Wishing everyone a great Saturday!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Nov 4th, 2017 at 11:47 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

-17 here-good grief! Despite this DH and I are going out to purchase our SDM gift cards this morning for the bonus pts. We get $600 each, every year and we use them for Rx, milk, eggs etc. Will also pick up a few groceries at No Frills-waiting until Tues for 15% off at Safeway for a bigger shop.
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I debated how to post this, but here’s the update. I was at the ER again last night. Both twins have ear infections and now have antibiotics. I had a bad reaction to the strong antibiotic, directly after 3 days of the first antibiotic. I required a shot at the ER to stop the reaction, so I’m not on any antibiotics right now. The doctor says my ear looks much better, even though I still can’t hear much on that side. I’ve been told to come back again on Monday night if my ear is still causing me problems.
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My grandparents arrived yesterday afternoon. They drove 5hrs to get here and we hadn’t seen them in a year. Our son is named after this 84yr Old Grandpa. They are square dancing and round dancing at our local legion, and staying at a nearby hotel. I need to make sure that I snap some pictures with them before they leave on Sunday.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Angela hope you and your little ones feel better
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I have manged to find my ambition today which is great.

The beds are all stripped and I am washing all the sheets

The kitchen is clean

I made Banana Muffins and have a Ricotta Cake in the oven now

Now I just need to clean the bathroom. I am also thinking of making some Cinnamon Chip cookies but will do that after lunch.

Thinking tonight's dinner will be Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Mushroom Gravy and some sort of veggie. The veggie will be the hard part as we did not go shopping this weekend and I do not really want to stop everything I am doing now and run to the store. Might have to raid the freezers and see if I can find something.

Also thinking I might dive head first into the to sell pile and start taking photos and posting items this afternoon.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I saw this crocheted purse image on German Burdastyle's (from their new knitting magazine) Twitter account and thought of @SassyAshley and other creators on the site. https://twitter.com/burdastyle_de/st...91002220240897

Yesterday was day of the Hubbard Squash (super hard to cut up as knife got stuck and I had to go on balls of feet to lever the darn implement down one side)-2/3 of which got roasted in two quarter sheet pans (I tossed my remaining parsnips and some carrots in with some curry powder) with oil and salt on both pans plus some sliced garlic and chopped rosemary over one pan's slices. I'm the only one eating this squash--Mom told me she was going to use it for strudel and I said it's so tough to cut with the large knife...will see about getting a butternut squash for her to make up the loss. I am not going to roast the turban squash. Both items were on the counter and I want counter space! Went into the chilly late afternoon in my lighter coat without gloves to post coupons to someone, get a flyer that was not in our weekly paper (it came Fri afternoon-guess we don't have a regular delivery person), and get the jar yeast on sale at Longos. Sibling assisted Dad with cleaning the eaves yesterday and Dad mulched some leaves (I did not want him napping after lunch when the sun was shining after all that rain and stuff needed doing). Got much needed quiet time as Mom was out helping the auxiliary with meal prep so I took apart my floral pants (will reuse fabric) and assessed some patterns for sewing soon while dealing with squash and a couple loads of laundry.
    Put my flannel sheets on yesterday-sleep was warm and blissful. Yes, tomorrow will be a mild day but the flannel stays put.
    While Western Canada had snow yesterday, a place in Nova Scotia had 25C yesterday! Tonight there is special storm watch for parts of Southern Ontario for wind and rain into tomorrow.

Think that remaining pizza sauce is going to be used up on pizza dough or focaccia today. Just feels like the right food to have for supper.

OK, some sale stuff for next week:
    Value Village has 40% off jeans on Monday (subject line said 50% but the body of e-mail did not)
    Talize has a 50% off most things in store (excluding new merchandise) on Monday--plan for lineups!
    The Bay has its regular Senior's Day Tuesday 15% off discount day.

know about Home Outfitter's Friday Senior Day that was on yesterday.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 -hope you get some time with your grandparents this weekend. Photos sound like a fun souvenir and will distract you from your sleepless nights this week.
    @barbis9 -thanks for the store closure update at Mapleview. Glad you found your coat!
    @avoncallingu -glad you found your sewing cart deal! Lifting machines can be a hassle.
    @cath007 -so many cold mornings! Keep warm and enjoy all the sunshine when it's out! I try to get a walk in everyday to enjoy Ms. Sunshine.

Found 4 repeat Monopoly game pieces on a pop cup and coffee cup. Added a brief zip to my step today.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

3h of Internet time just vroomed past me. How do I add more time....enjoy your weekend adventures, SCers!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Well no cookies were made but there is always tomorrow.

Last comforter is now in the dryer, not sure why but it literally took me all day to do the sheets. Normally it is lengthy task but today seemed longer then normal but oh well it is almost done and we will have nice clean sheets for tonight.

Bathroom is clean

I also posted about 15 to 20 items for sale, no takers yet but hopefully will get a few over the next couple of days. No big ticket items but even moving small items can add up quickly.

I never heard back from the woman who wanted 2 items but wanted me to meet her half way.

The construction is done in Mom's room so last night I took a bottle of Dust spray to her room. I know it is her room and she should do it but it was calling to me all day. I have this weird thing about spray cleaner and scrubbing, most floors on our house have any where from 2 to 3 open bottles of cleaner for quick use.

Decided our veggie tonight would be glazed carrots as carrots are one of the few veggies I have on hand. We definitely need to go shopping Tuesday night after work.

After dinner will keep working on a crocheted Baby Groot Pillow for my sister, it is going to be quite a big pillow but think it will be perfect for her couch.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I did some meal planning today.
    Tonight’s supper was boiled/fried cheddar perogies, mixed veggies, roast ham (I pulled from the freezer, previously roasted)
    Tomorrow’s lunch, grandparents are taking us out for brunch before they drive home.
    Tomorrow’s supper: roast chicken, onion, boiled garden carrots, potatoes or sweet potatoes.
    Monday: leftover roast chicken
    Tuesday: home made chicken dumpling soup
    Wednesday: corn chips with meat/veggie dip, sour cream, grated cheese, etc
    Caddle Referral Code:

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Where did the time since September go? Somehow, I thought I would go on a small hiatus, and then DD2 started solids (and it's a continuous work in progress), DD1 started kindergarten, then DH got sick with the usual fall illnesses, DD2 began waking up more than a few times during the night, and then I got sick with a terrible cold...

I found the energy to complain about a lady in the rant section and thought I'd update with getting a new car, and actually selling a few things on FB groups. Where did the old me go? Well, it's still here but I think life is just flying by and I'm holding on by the seat of my pants. Stop the ride, I want to get off!

Next is getting rid of more baby items, to be put back into the LOs accounts. I think I should prioritize the larger items for more space. One mistake last month was taking the old recycling/compost bins to the community recycling center. They charged us $5 to get rid of them. DH drove the old TV and computers to an electronics center for cash. Lugging 200 lbs of electronics netted $5. Even trade for the recycling boxes. Oh well, it's worth it to remove such large items from the house. We needed to make room for the new car and the winter tires that came with them.

The new car was a different story. It was free - an offer too good to pass up. Someone met our baby and was charmed by her happy giggles and unbridled smiles. She didn't feel right about this baby travelling through the cold in winter on the bus and me with two to look after. They were getting a new car, so I'm now the new owner of a 14-year-old car. Somehow it's doubled our insurance bill and the costs associated with getting even a free car are huge (mechanic check, licensing, etc.). Now I play chauffeur to DD1 on the weekends, taking her to children's events and the new car is now the one we take to visit long distance family because of it's size.

Tomorrow is shopping, laundry, cooking, and cleaning. We'll see how much of that list is actually accomplished with a full morning schedule. Lofty goals!

So far, $42 made on FB, with $10 being diapers that DD2 grew out of. I'm tempted but have not yet bought anything from FB. Slightly curious about a home daycare nearby, but will wait until I'm feeling better.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information