User Tag List

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1334Likes

Thread: November 2017 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I need to food prep badly! I am making a peameal roast with potatoes and carrots for the boys. Will put in ready to heat Tupperware containers for them. (I have 2 x 10lb potatoes and 1 x 10Lb carrots to use up)
    I went to my moms and grabbed one of my turkeys (2 left) I have that thawing now and will cook it up tomorrow or Wednesday.

I want to make a potato hash/homefries mixture for the boys. Then I will make a pot of rice and pasta so I can make quick sides to go with the leftover turkey. DS has an out of town hockey game on Friday so will make sure to have Tupperware container ready for him afterschool to eat.

Leftover turkey will make great quesidias as well! and Turkey sandwiches yum! Ok no more shopping this week we have lots of food to use up
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Nov 6th, 2017 at 04:37 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

popped over to indigo -got Ashlyn an l.o.l surprise doll(not the 99.00 one the 9.99 sister one)-I am officially done the grandkids only need a few stocking stuffers
    -my daughter-in-law was out shopping at Walmart today and she said she came home as she had a few pains -countdown is on officially 12 more days til her due date -cant wait to meet new baby girl
    -supper tonight light and easy scrambled eggs ,salad and orange juice ,we are going to my girlfriends to meet her new grandson who is 3 weeks old and I have a gift for him and my daughter said to give her some of Sebastian's nicer clothing if she wishes-who wouldn't want baby clothing given to them -geee baby clothes are so costly even on sale
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Feeling accomplished finally after a lazy Sunday. Have peameal and potatoes cooked in Tupperware containers. Will make fresh broccoli to go with it tomorrow night. Have extra peameal and chicken. I also made a pizza with chicken and used up peppers and tomato. I only had 2 small pieces so lots of leftovers. Cleaned the kitchen and have the dishwasher running. Will make my oatmeal before 8pm so it's ready for the morning.
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My Walmart did not have the new Live Better magazine on the weekend. On Wednesday, the new LCBO Food & Drink issue will be out.
    On my walk tonight, I am taking notice of businesses that will be closed or delayed in opening on Saturday. I know in Ottawa, stores cannot be open before 12pm.
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

As I hoped, most of us had leftovers for dinner so that's three things out of the fridge. Logan has asked for lasagna Tuesday so that's one more meal planned. I think I am working at home so I may pop out for a loaf of garlic bread to go with the lasagna.
    Angela's post reminded me I need to make an appointment for my snow tires. I am sure I will still have to wait a week to get in, but I hate waiting until the snow falls. I also need to let my insurance agent know, I forgot to do so last year and apparently there is a discount for having snow tire on in Ontario.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@lilo0 03 I should check with my package policy insurance, I don’t know if there is a discount for having snow tires.

I made chicken dumpling soup for supper and it was ready just as Dh walked through the door. Our twins didn’t want to eat it. Our son eventually ate it, but he says he didn’t like it very much.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Nov 7th, 2017 at 10:45 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    We have not broken down and turned the heat on yet but looking at the temps this week pretty sure it is coming so all of the raids have been cleared and cleaned off. With that being said I feel like I have caught a chill today so I have cranked the heat up in my office.

Tonight we are going grocery shopping after work, the number places/things we need to do seems to keep increasing so pretty sure it will be take out for dinner tonight. With that being said on the weekend I found a couple of gift cards I had assumed had been used but haven't they were just in the wrong place so I will use one of these for dinner tonight.

As well tonight we will go into Shopper's and do the giftcard promo, I am a little worried about the wording on it this year (there is a discussion in the SDM Forum) regarding if credit cards are or aren't allowed. Personally I would must prefer to put this on my credit card as all Christmas gifts are going on one card which I watching closely to make sure I do not go over budget. But I think to be safe I will just put on my debit card.

Last night I got a little ambitious and made 2 dinners. I made a pot of Potato Soup which was amazing and I also pulled some frozen tortellini which I baked in the oven with sauce from the fridge that needed to be used up. We both had Pasta so the full pot of Potato Soup is now in the fridge for lunches/dinners this week.

I have made a couple of sales this week and still have a large pile of items to post. Hoping tomorrow night since Mom is working till I think 7 pm, after I have dinner I can start tackling more of this pile as I believe it will only get bigger this weekend when we move everything back into Mom's room now that the damage in her room has been fixed. We started out sorting everything but as time went on we did eventually get into the just get it in the guest room and we will deal with it coming back in. Her shoes and purses have been sorted so now we just need to do her clothes.

Well time to get back to work, I am tackling the labels for our Christmas Letter this morning. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone Up at 7:00 because of the time change and wide awake. Lol. The house is quiet for a little bit so thought I would pop on here while I have a chance, Wanted to wish everyone an amazing day
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -had a lovely visit with my girlfriend her family last night held a new baby boy -also gave the mother a gift and a few used like new gap clothing from my daughter
    -got a credit last night as I called gap of $3.58 back on my credit card -all the pennies add up -love it ceil when you post about your finds
    -today may go off thrift shopping before hubby needs the car later-missed yesterday of 50% off at talize but have a card for 30% off at value village
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! The exterminator came and no mouses ....but she will leave the traps so maybe they want to do long term prevention or we will have others visits.In either way we will receive a notice.Off to check the flyers.I hope they have good deals this week.Wishing everyone a great day!!!!
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Beautiful day here today. Wish I took the day off!
    I ran the dishwasher last night and emptied it before bed. I never do that but glad I did!
    DS ate my lunch so had to re-pack it from the leftovers. Working thru my lunch so I can watch DS at his school sports after school.
    Tonight- I should attempt to post some stuff for sale and start getting it out the door. Also need to get the garage sorted so I can park in there.
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SA-FYI-I bought the SDM gift card offer this week with my credit card( will also give me 2% cash back) with no problems. Perhaps it depends on the SDM you go to.
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Someone pointed out in the SDM thread it says points will not be award for gift cards bought using gift cards or financial cards, I am not sure what they mean by financial cards. Some think it is only pre paid Visa & MC others believe it is credit card purchases.

I didn't even realize you could buy gift cards with gifts cards.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    SA-FYI-I bought the SDM gift card offer this week with my credit card( will also give me 2% cash back) with no problems. Perhaps it depends on the SDM you go to.
    Ciel and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I also bought my Shoppers gift cards on my credit card to earn 2% back.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Someone pointed out in the SDM thread it says points will not be award for gift cards bought using gift cards or financial cards, I am not sure what they mean by financial cards. Some think it is only pre paid Visa & MC others believe it is credit card purchases.

I didn't even realize you could buy gift cards with gifts cards.
    It has said this every year and I have always received the points.
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information