User Tag List

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1334Likes

Thread: November 2017 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I'm going tomorrow to buy the gift cards (need some for work too!) I get 3% with my M/C so will be using it for sure.
    Angela273, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Some of the upcoming Ontario sales flyers are posted. I've made my list. Not really and huge deals but some items to stock the freezer. Including mini pizzas for the teen since I am away next weekend for hockey. I will buy a bunch and hide them till the day I leave
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I haven't gotten groceries since it will be 2 weeks on Friday (that's frugal in itself)using up freezer food -today chicken breast ,mashed potatoes and corn or carrots
    -I just got in at 12.30 went to value village -took 6 bags to donate (a few bags were my sons)and they filled my card so I got 30% off today -yippee
    got a nice black shirt for hubby 5.49-30% off=3.84
    3 puzzles 1.39 2 lovely tops for me and a pair of jeans (jeans were 3.84 for me contour jeans was the brand)spent 26.00 got Ashlyn a new pair of mitts .69 as she is always losing them -I save 9.90 from my saver card
    then popped into sears it was 25% off but I really needed socks for me so 2 pairs of hot sox 2.99-25%=2.24 each ,plastic bib for new baby 2.24 Barbie accessories 2.99 and fisher price car tiny car for Sebastian 2.24-look got all 3 grandkids something -lol plus a pkg of 2 pack warm socks for me 5.99
    -home now to relax and clean and laundry
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Decided to get out of the area by walking to Hamilton Mountain to see if the handkerchieves in a catalogue were carried at Denningers. They aren't, but I got two free papers and bought myself a Kinder Country bar. Lovely aprons and cheery kitchen towels and oven mitts are on display near the magazine rack. Another nook around the corner has some shelves of gift baskets, should anyone want one for someone on their list!

Purchased a 10% off stamp pack at Rexall and a cranberry ginger ale. Noticed that Shoppers at Upper James & Rymal has Sprite Cranberry ($3.49 until Dec 1), Schweppes Cranberry ginger ale and Canada Dry ginger ale all in stock. Pepsi products (12 can cases) are $3.49 as well.

Found two refundable containers and 4 Monopoly game pieces (repeats) so far this afternoon. At this point, maybe I'd settle for a prepaid gift card from Monopoly rather than one of the elusive 4 Portage & Memorial ave game pieces for the high value Bay gift cards.

Glad to read that Primo pasta is on sale in the next Food Basics flyer. There are 4 jars of spaghetti sauce to use up (I seem to be the only one minding their presence and I am not a huge tomato fan-limited seasoned quantities for pizza or ketchup are ok).

No luck at getting a banana loaf baked-last night it seemed Mom needed the kitchen and this morning, the same. I did not get up early and lesson learned-she who first gets the kitchen, gets to bake. I did tell her I wanted my loaf made today.
    @cath007 -since you are on a roll with pumpkin recipes, did you want another loaf recipe? Sobeys has a chocolate pumpkin loaf recipe!
    https://www.sobeys.com/en/recipes/ch...-pumpkin-loaf/
    barbis9, coupon girl and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley -good that you found gift cards to use up! Amazing treasures that members are finding when they tackle a stack or a room of stuff this month!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I remembered to recycle the last baggie of used batteries on my morning walk yesterday (kept forgetting to take the bag off of the fridge when I was leaving the prior week). I put my watch battery in the bag as sibling did have a replacement watch battery that is keeping time accurately! I may lose a minute but not 15-30min like before!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Sweet Sparrow-how kind of that person to GIVE you a new-to-you car! But as you say even free things aren't free. I used to cringe thinking about you tracking through the snow with your baby carriage. I'm Happy for you.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Can't catch up tonight but I am proud that my brother and I took the seeds out of the pumpkins that were on our porch and I chopped up as much as my sore shoulder would allow. Wound up with about 4 cups of pumpkin mush. I had a great recipe for pumpkin and potato soup from an old heart smart recipe book I had. But when I went to find it, I realized that I had given it to a lady at church whose husband had had a heart problem.
    I can probably find a substitute.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Ciel ;Thank you for the recepie,sure look good!!!Per chance the freezer and fridge are still quite full because I dont see good deals on upcoming flyers.Wishing everyone a great evening and night!! Ordered some coupons from zebra coupons since shipping is free with a code otherwhise I dont.
    Angela273, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just found this on Facebook. I realize that it may already be known on SC, but it was news to me. Optimum and PC Plus will be merging to become PC Optimum. Here is a link to a calculator of the points.
    https://www.pcplus.ca/static/announc..._content=na_en
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I just found this on Facebook. I realize that it may already be known on SC, but it was news to me. Optimum and PC Plus will be merging to become PC Optimum. Here is a link to a calculator of the points.
    https://www.pcplus.ca/static/announc..._content=na_en
    Yeah I'm not sure how I feel yet about the change on this! Went to SDM this morning for work and received 12,000 pts plus will get the 8000 pts next week for purchasing $200 in GC's. Was planning to go back tonight to buy 2 more sets of $200.
    Angela273, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I bought groceries last night at Sobeys. I used $20.xx in coupons, $14.xx in 10% off Tuesday, 85c CO51, 25c Caddle. I cut up grapes for the kids morning snack and all of the red grapes had a lot of seeds, even though they were labeled as seedless. I called Welches this morning and they are mailing me FPCs as compensation.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Sweet Sparrow-how kind of that person to GIVE you a new-to-you car! But as you say even free things aren't free. I used to cringe thinking about you tracking through the snow with your baby carriage. I'm Happy for you.
    Aside from @Sweets parrow now having some car freedom during the day (yay!), she can always consider donating the car (and give proceeds to a charity) when she gets that future "new" ride when budget or circumstances allow. Agree with the idea of having no more stroller in winter tussles to and from school/daycare!
    barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 -greatly appreciate the advance notice on the programs merging! So at Shoppers we'd get 5 points more per dollar spent at Shoppers, the redemption program becomes 10000 pts for lowest redemption (Shoppers allows 8000 pts for lowest redemption) and I have to see what becomes of donating points (any other options beyond PC Children's charity or not).

At least we know now that we are likely buying food and items for holiday, gifts and just plan ol' weekly needs. I don't have any megapoints at SDM-suggest the members with big points look for earliest opportunities to buy those gifts and gift sets at Shoppers and be done with points. I'm sure some members that work on accruing SDM points year long for holiday and birthday gifts are going to be the most disappointed with the coming changes.
    Angela273, barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I was out and about got my books I had on hold at the library ,when I was cleaning this morning dusting and cleaning one bathroom ran out of spray so spent 15.43 at Canadian tire and got 8 items saved 5.50 in cpns and .50 checkout51
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information