User Tag List

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1334Likes

Thread: November 2017 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@jasperandchar -the upcoming PC Optimum program seems to have expanded some features but I have not read through to see if non-profit organizations can still have cards. The Household terminology suggests to me that applies to private household use but I will admit to only reading about the first 4 pages of the new terms. At least in Quebec, program members under Pharmaprix have until May 2 to use up any remaining points after January.
    I know you are one of many members that uses the current Optimum program for gift buying so this year counts more in making those points apply to wanted items. Here's hoping your preferred stores have stock of what you are seeking for your list!
    As a January birthday member, I will wait and see if the birthday Optimum bonus points offer comes around in 2018 (maybe it will have jumped the shark in preparation for the merged new program).
    barbis9, lilo0003, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 -sorry to read of the unexpected truck repair expense. The timing is something else. Just glad it happened after you and DH had your weekend away. May your sales keep coming through. How are you feeling today? Not sure if the illness you were experiencing has lessened or gone away at this point.
    @Frugalbigmama -you have good protein dinners planned for your week and game nights. Your player must appreciate the care for his sporting energy needs!
    @cath007 -sushi deals are fun to have! You've been keeping on track with your cleaning efforts. Have you been reading flyers to see which of your wish list appliances are on sale to buy with your savings from grocery shopping? Deals are starting to show. Here in Ontario, Kitchen Stuff Plus is listing a Crockpot with little dipper pot for $39.99 (though flyer showed $49.99).
    @SassyAshley -hope your desire to shop with your Mom on the weekend of mega redemption happens! Your teamwork has really shone in 2017. Don't forget to treat yourselves.
    @coupon girl -would attaching Velcro tape or squares to your grandson's coat sleeves and mitten backs help to thwart his tossing of mittens? I know drawstrings are frowned upon on young children's apparel due to the possibility that a child might catch his or drawstring on a surface and choke. Walmart sells a package of hook and loop tape in about a 1/2" width that can be cut to size and sewn on a mitten cuff and sleeve hem. There may be peel and stick Velcro dots (not sure how strong the adhesive will be but worth considering) in the craft part of the store where thread is sold. This month, I keep seeing a baby or toddler slipper or mitten or sock along the main road's sidewalk. All those tossed items do add up. Baby may have to learn to use pockets to keep hands warm. Or make him a hand muff from a scarf.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Tonight while deciding what to find on Youtube to listen to, I noticed a suggestion for a lofi hiphop station that streams live for studying or video gaming. Very useful background sound to have on while updating an Excel spreadsheet with budget amounts! The music seems to change every 30seconds.

Tomorrow will be make something on the sewing machine day to help the fabric pile get smaller. If the weather is not wet or icy in the afternoon, I'll look for Monopoly pieces (contest ends on Nov. 13 when the $1 coffee for any size premium roast blend promo begins). Whenever I read the newspaper fashion pages, there is usually a top or outfit with those bell sleeve ends. In the new Hudson Bay flyer, there's a velvet looking drawstring top with bell sleeves-major want!! I don't recall seeing in store last month but might have to take a look.

There's an interesting one day deal at Home Outfitters this Saturday-$29.99 will get you a Mikasa Cheers highball or double old fashioned set of glassware (reg. price is $139.99). I would love to be able to get the highball glasses to replace the tall blue but narrow opening Ikea glasses that sibling has not yet moved along. Nothing worse than sipping a drink from a glass that is too small at the top!
    The LCBO flyer provides a Sidecar cocktail recipe, should anyone desire to have the recipe handy for an event bar. Grand Marnier 375ml bottle has a $3 discount too-if you need orange liqueur for drinks or baking/poaching, this is your time to get your supply.

I already have taken apart my Food & Drink issue to start selecting which recipes stand a chance of being tried out. The CIOT ad and magazine cover pages will be taped up on the wall to help me keep festive spirits in mind during the colder days. Yes, must admit I like the bling...
    barbis9, lilo0003, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I did mention that the editor of Leon's Hello Holiday edition had a fabulous shirt. It seems to be a Zara shirt, as there are two colour versions of it (black and white and another colour but I did not find yellow nor see it) on the website--in case anyone wants the look.
    barbis9, lilo0003, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am also not excited about the integration of PC and Optimum. But like others I appreciate any savings. I have 140.00 on my pc account, DH has 40.00 and DS1 20.00. I plan to use them this month for groceries and fingers crossed can find so of my Christmas gifts at SDM as I have 2 max redemptions to use. With DH still not working super frugal is the name of the game. This month we need to buy snow tires for his car. Last year we went without but DS1 has his G1 test soon so we want snow tires for his 1st winter of driving solo. Last year he always had one of us.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! TGIF!!!The first snow is here ...Got a good offer for my trade list yesterday so inspired by others sc members all the products acquired will go to the foodbank!!! Wishing everyone a great safe warm day!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Ciel:I did not start to check for my appliances but will check the CT flyer for sure!
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I am also not excited about the integration of PC and Optimum. But like others I appreciate any savings. I have 140.00 on my pc account, DH has 40.00 and DS1 20.00. I plan to use them this month for groceries and fingers crossed can find so of my Christmas gifts at SDM as I have 2 max redemptions to use. With DH still not working super frugal is the name of the game. This month we need to buy snow tires for his car. Last year we went without but DS1 has his G1 test soon so we want snow tires for his 1st winter of driving solo. Last year he always had one of us.
    I must have missed your dh being off work during my absence, hopefully he will return to work or able to return to work part-time. Having said that you are an exceptional saver so keep up the great work.

PS I guess I missed also the update on your kitchen renovations, hope they went smoothly and you are enjoy your new cooking haven.

Frightening & exciting with your ds driving, ds1 is also practicing and can go for his G2 anytime but I'm not excited to be honest, lots of accidents out here with new drivers which makes me very nervous. You don't have only about yourself but the people on the roads that are careless seems to be the issues.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning everyone,

It's a cold chilly day here -11.

I've gone through the SDM flyer and may do a redemption tomorrow but still unsure. DS1 wants a game for his birthday which is later this am and it's in the flyer, however, I believe our closest sdm won't have it as they don't really stock electronics, time will tell, if dh wants to drive a little further or not.

Chester has a vet appointment as I noticed some critters in his fur.....yikes. I had an old vile of flea medication which I shared between Chester & Charlotte. Our vet clinic has expanded to other towns and now they need to see a fur baby to dispense flea medication, it never used to be this way.

Dh's work is having a chili luncheon on Monday and asked if I could make a pasta salad, so I'll purchase barilla noodles tomorrow while out at Independent grocers for .88 cents a box.

Well that's it for now, have a wonderful weekend and stay warm.
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cold here too brrrr! One of the main hwys near us is a mess and they are asking people to stay off. I do have an hour drive tonight for hockey but the sun is shining and the road in front of my office is starting to show pavement so thinking I will be ok tonight.
    @jasperandchar - I need to take the time in the morning and look at the SDM flyer too. I was planning on doing a shop of $50 + for 20X the points but maybe I am better to just redeem since I did see some giftpacks I may be interested in. Will decide once I review the flyer and pop in there tomorrow and see what I find.
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil-my baby grandson wont keep his hands in pocket -he is only just past one and doesn't talk much -he points at tons of stuff to communicate (my son didn't talk as soon as my daughter either -most boys are late talkers )-my daughter-in-law found at giant tiger the clips that you can put on the coat and mitton 5.00 so she bought them for him so that should help
    -oh and ceil just thought id let you know not everyone gets the birthday points every year -I was told it was random some years on and some years off as I haven't gotten it in a few years
    -chilly today staying in and having homemade turkey soup -just condensed a few items in my house ridding my cupboard of tiny wine glasses (very small ones )my daughter laughed at them in my cupboard as they hardly hold any wine -lol
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@ Coupon girl- I need to do the same thing soon. So tired of so much stuff in my cupboards that I don't really use/need. Soon I am doing a total kitchen clean out. I have a bunch of new items in the cupboard above my fridge that I need to take inventory of so I know what I have (cutting boards, frying pans etc)
    Ciel, coupon girl and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Ciel I went back to the ER again on Tuesday night. I have antibiotics again. If these don’t work, then it might be a viral ear infection...which I’ve already had for 2.5 weeks.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Nov 10th, 2017 at 08:33 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I need to start frying up eggs and putting them in the fridge ready to make egg mcmuffins. DS asked me to start doing that again so happy he will start eating them again. So English muffins are on the shopping list! (we have eggs and cheese)
    Will be surfing the net for food items I can make up and refriderate/freeze. These boys are hungry all the time!
    Angela273, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DQ Gift Card Deal. Buy a $20 GC get a free 1/4lb Grill Burger with cheese (cost at my DQ was $4.89!) You can get the burger at the time of GC purchase or a coupon good till April 1st, 2018. I am going to grab a few GC's over the next week. They are great for when we are on the road (chicken strip combo for $7 is a good deal) and for summer. I like to treat my boys

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information