User Tag List

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1334Likes

Thread: November 2017 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Ciel I have looked some recipes up but wanted to see if anyone had some favourite recipes.
    This is a recipe that I’ve thought about making.
    https://www.mycolombianrecipes.com/d...bprint-cookies
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good evening everyone!!! I am not in a positive feeling with tomorrow afternoon inspection.I feel even if we tossed ,purged,donated and recycled at least half of the stock in the spare bedroom this will not be enough even if we made some efforts.Even if this is a blues boxes storage bins and organizated.Supper was leftovers,Anyway we will see and have the verdict tomorrow.Have a great evening and night everyone!!!!
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Father went for his 2 and final appointement for notaire for making his testament,I am not sure how I feel about that,I know it is to protect me because my beloved brother and mother did not have one and it was such a hassle to solve the succession.I will not stand to lost my father and to be lonely ,I prefer to not think about that too much.....i need to get mine done too...but at 350$ it is still expensive ,obligatory but expensive.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Also I am pretty sure I got a faudulent e-mail so I did not reply and click on the link....I dont paid taxes so no Wonder it was fraudulent and and dont do interac virement...I Wonder how the heck they did get my email......
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Angela273 I am not sure hoe the flavour would change but my go to for eagle brand milk is always magic cookie bar squares, some people know them as hello dollies. I need to make a batch this week for a funeral on Friday. They are always a huge hit.
    Short week for me because of the funeral and next week I have 2 planned vacation days. I need the break.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@cath007 it's hard to do ones will but the suffering it saves is worth it, which I am sure you experienced if you mom, and dear brother did not have them.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Tonight’s supper plan is pan fried garden potatoes (pre-boiled last night) with onion, Johnsonville sausages, and steamed California veggie mix.

I had a new Daycare family contact me last night. She has two children that attend our son’s school. They mostly just require before school care. She sounds very happy to have found my Daycare. They are coming to meet and sign a contract tomorrow after school. Her kids will start here on Monday. I was hoping to get some school aged children. Not a lot of work for a little bit more money.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Nov 16th, 2017 at 09:30 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just booked on the WJ seat sale to visit my Mum in TO in Feb-she is not getting any younger and I figure for $192.31 including taxes it is a steal.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Light rain last night made for easy walk to the McDonald's for hot chocolate. Then later in the evening when I was home, it poured rain. I always think about the people who leave work and need the bus-there is only one shelter among a few stops on the 44-Rymal near Walmart.
    Decided to trim my bangs last night, then decided may as well trim my long hair. Made a ponytail and cut what I thought was both sides of long hair. When I took off the hair elastic, my right side looked cut but the left side not so much. So I trimmed what I could and have a chin-length Jack in the Beanstalk vibe cut. This morning, I trimmed some visible longer strands but I know I have a couple long ones at centre back that I will deal with another time. Kind of sad to let the hair go short but my ends were looking stressed anyway. Hair gel will take care of the rest of the hair--now my hair is less likely to snag in the coat zipper!

Found two beer cans on my walk this morning-20 cents! I will go on a longer walk today as the rain seems to have ended. Looking to see if waving $ bills or Monopoly game pieces can be found.

Dad still has not found his form and remains accusatory this morning. He still is not accepting that he's responsible for the form and he lost it.
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @cath007 it's hard to do ones will but the suffering it saves is worth it, which I am sure you experienced if you mom, and dear brother did not have them.
    This will business is something I too have not done but given how my parents are acting, I really want to get that done. The bigger issue for me involve power of attorneys for health and finances-I don't have them done and don't want immediate family members involved with either of those documents. A couple of people I could consider are already dealing with their own generational family health issues/will matters, so they are rather busy to take on more on top of their own schedules.
    @cath007 -does the Quebec law society ever do low cost or free wills/testaments?
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hello everyone -popped out to rexall thes morning for my pills got a few good deals too
    (2) tins of nosh nuts cashews and mixed 2/10.00 plus 10 airmiles plus the spend 10.00 or more that I loaded this morning is another 8 airmiles
    -kit kat chunky chunky multipkg on sale 4.49-1.00 checkout51=3.49 for 4 or .87 each -needed a chocolate fix-lol
    -3 multipkg of huggies wipes 7.99-2.00 checkout51=5.99 for new baby to be for xmas
    -oh and got my rexall buy 1 get 1 free low dose 81g aspirin so 19.99 for 2 boxes of 180's should do me for the year
    spent 47 and got 20 airmiles

then popped over to zarkys a local store
    rice krispie squares 1.99-.50 cpn on box=1.49,plus barlett pears .99 lb and a few tomatoes and spring mix and deli meat
    in to relax now
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to the gym on my lunch break. I needed something to eat after since I only had a green apple with PB before. Couldn't think of anything healthy to pick up quick so went to No Frills since I need healthy food to make for myself while away at hockey tournament. So for $16.82 (received 1200 PC pts for personal offers) I bought:

2 pack romaine hearts
    cucumber
    Oikos Greek yogurt
    5 LB clementines
    green onion
    2 x raspberries
    Light rye bread

So tonight I will boil eggs. I will make a few salads. Egg salad for sandwich. Fruit and yogurt. I'm set for the next few days! Breakfast is included at the hotel both mornings. Team dinners at night I can choose to eat at or not. Will make up fruit baggies for my hockey player before games (He loves Subway when away at tournaments and I have 3 GC's so I'm set!)
    And I just had 2 clementines and a yogurt so I will be set till I get home. $16 bucks in healthy food will go pretty far in my opinion!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I posted this in the SDM thread but will post here as well as I am a little annoyed.

Last night after work I went to SDM to pick up a few things that were on sale and I had personal coupons for that I could use as Stocking stuffers. When i checked my bill I noticed one of my personal offers did not apply so I called to get my points.

First the girl tries to tell me it didn't work as I did not load the coupon until 8:57 pm last night which is interested as when she said that I looked down at the clock and it was only 6:56 pm.

She then puts me on hold and comes back and confirmed I did load the offer the night before (I have loaded offers well standing in the store and they applied) and I did in fact buy 2 of that items. Now here is the part that got me, since we see you are a good customer a good will gesture we will apply the points. I am not sure where good will comes into this if you confirmed I loaded the coupon and bought the product??????

Just hoping that well we wait for the changes to happen next year this is not going to become the norm with optimum points.
    barbis9, coupon girl and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @saundyl you are wise to keep dragon close, that cone is so difficult for a pup to navigate. It was worse than the surgery imo.
    I am doing a prime rib, roasted veg today as a late lunch,early dinner. The older son always works Sunday evening so I try to make sure there is a meal for him before he leaves. @jasperandchar DH was terminated in July. It was no surprise as many before him had been let go. Fortunately we had already paid the kitchen renovation off in full so no panic there. It certainly makes one step up their frugal game. The severance was decent and I am secure in my role so we will be fine for the foreseeable future. I know he is getting frustrated with the job search, the joy of looking for work at 50.
    oh I'm sorry to hear that about your dh's work BUT what a relief to have paid for the kitchen ahead of time so much less stress then others who are not as financial savy (well prepared/great savers) like you are.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Catching up on everyones posts for the last few dates.

I have an appointment next week, hoping the doctor can prescribe something to make me feel better, with the lack of daylight and my usual problems I've been not feeling very well, such is life, one never gets used to it but I wish it would in time.

Enough complaining (lol).

My amazon order arrived with a damaged book for BIL, I started a chat and they refunded the whole amount which I a grateful for as BIL keeps his books and collects them, so he will receive a somewhat damaged one but will get another gift to make up the amount.

Does everyone set a certain amount per person when it comes to gift giving (Christmas).

Wishing everyone a great evening.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information