User Tag List

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1334Likes

Thread: November 2017 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The new daycare family stopped by after school today. The mom completed my daycare contract and signed over a cheque for the appropriate amount. Their school aged girl wanted to stay longer and tried to insist on checking out the back yard. We already discussed the possibility of them coming on non-school days, for an additional fee. It felt pretty good to have it fall into place so quickly.

I tried a new new recipe for supper tonight. Cheesy potato ham soup. Dh and I both enjoyed it. All 3 of our children are trying to avoid even tasting the soup. There wasn’t any leftovers. I added the soupto mylong list of meal ideas, which I have sorted by main ingredient, etc.

Edit: I just posted this in the “other money” thread.
    I cashed out $20.50 from CO51 this week.
    I have $20 in PC Plus points to redeem.
    I’ve also used about $70 in AM at Sobeys in the last few weeks. I like that I earn 7x AM on prescriptions, which is calculated before medical coverages are applied.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Nov 17th, 2017 at 09:32 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Back home and trying to get back into my routine.

Got home yesterday to see Mom had bought a new screen door handle as ours broke but she did not install it. I decided to install it last night as the weather was nice as I had to keep the door open well I worked on it. Took me a little bit of time but I got it done.

I have started laundry and now I am looking at recipes I can make and keep in the fridge. I went over mine and Mom's schedule for this week and it is all over the place so I want to get some food made and in the fridge so we can just pack or re heat. Not sure what I am going to make yet, going to go look through the pantry and fridge and make sure I have everything I need. Mom did the shopping this week well I away so I need to see what she able to get as I know there are always a couple things we are unable to get.

Well I better get going. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon -just finished a basket of bath ,foot ,soaps and hand items and a kit kat chunky for a treat inside for my hairdresser -this year cost a little more $28.49 last year was 18.99 but then again she loves this gift and gives me back the same basket each year as I asked her if she wouldn't mind ( I look for items all thru out the year too on sale ) I find a lot of items at winners or marshalls on the clearance rack so I will give that to her on Wednesday as I have a hair apt,thursday a bone density test
    -relaxing not going out much as my new grandbaby is due Monday and we have to be on hand to take Ashlyn when they go to hospital ,cant wait .
    Angela273, Ciel, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone!!!! Ended up with 6 more free box of All Bran Crunch multigrain cereals and I still have a lots of coupons to pass.These will go to the foodbank,the 3 december ,It is called here the ''Guignolée''.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Today has been very productive.
    Laundry is done, folded and put away.
    Loaded, turned on, empty and reloaded the dishwasher.
    Roasted some Acorn Squash & Sweet Potatoes
    Made a batch of Lasagna Soup
    Bathroom is clean

Also when I needed a break I worked on Mom's Christmas gift which I am about a 1/4 of the way through and it has now been tucked away so she will not see it. Will work on it again tomorrow when she goes to work.

Think it is time to relax, have a wonderful night everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,

Had to laugh, I woke up this morning to see a social media post from a family member who said they wrote their first "adult" Christmas Wish list. The cheapest item on this list is about $250. I have already bought this person a gift and it is not anything on their wish list.

Today I need to figure out what to do with the rest of the open package of ground beef in the fridge. I am thinking Cheeseburger Soup since Mom won't the lasagna soup I made yesterday. Also thinking of making some Taco Meat, we have some leftover rice in the fridge and I am thinking of making a couple of Taco Bowls for my lunches this week.

I will also pre prep some Breakfasts for the week. I am between 2 locations this week which will mean more of a commute for most of the week and a bigger temptation to just go through Tim's since I will drive by about 10 of them.

Time to get going, have a wonderful day everyone.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone!!!! I put a trade offer in a hv's coupons I wanted for a long time.The person is not connected often so we will see.I hope it will work.I offer 10 stamps for 29$ of hv's coupons .I hope I am right and this is enough as per the trade guide line.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

popped out to winners and Walmart today -I saved 24.25 from my cpns in Walmart plus 2.50 checkout51i even got 2.92 overage between the toothpaste cpn buy 3 save 3.50 and the mccormicks cpn buy 2 save 5.00-i will post in the brag section a few of my great deals
    -supper tonight fish ,mini potatoes and corn

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Cheeseburger Soup and Taco Meat are cooked and in the fridge.

Took our the garbage and recycling before it started to snow.

I am about half way through Mom's Christmas present but I forget she is off tomorrow so it will be a few days before I can work on it anymore.

All of the scarfs are now done for the girls. I am about 1/4 of the way through what is going to be a massive pillow for sis. Still have nothing for the boys or cousin's kids. Also not sure if we will be able to take part in the redemption at SDM next weekend as even though it is Mom's weekend off she is booked in to work because it is Black Friday. Our 2 location SDM really do not have a great selection and one is very unfriendly in general, every time I go there even if I am not using coupons I have issues checking out.

Since we would have to head out of town to do our redemption I had a whole day out planned but now Mom is working so my hope to get all my shopping done next week probably will not happen. Even though she was working we thought we could still make it work but they scheduled her to work till 7 which totally messes up the whole day. Oh well time to come up with a new plan.

Off to hide Mom's gift and switch back to working on sis's. Have a wonderful night everyone.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Does anyone know what the sephora birthday gift is for 2017?
    Ciel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

My trade offer got rejected......even if stamps was on her list....I understand nothing
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hi all!

Sadly this weekend our tv in the basement for the boys has decided to Fritz out. Thankfully Visions has a pre black friday type sale (or maybe it is their black friday sale) on and I found a 49 inch tv with sound bar for $564 including free shipping to the northwest territories.

I did some transcribing this weekend and a bit if knitting.

Last night bf out up a fake tree outside with lights and a 9 foot snowman blow up. I didn't know it worked and I've been drooling over it in the shed for 5 years....I thought the cord was mia. I told him he saved me buying the 12 ft reindeer i saw.

I went on. FB and met up with a lady selling tops. It's so nice to suddenly have stuff that's not just hanging off me.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I was thinking about buying our cats’ medication not from the vet. Do you know of any good/reliable stores or websites to buy from? Feel free to pm me if you would like to discuss it further.
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@barbis9 - here are the birthday gift options for Sephora in 2017: https://www.sephora.com/birthday-gif..._m_modal_image
    I personally chose the Caudalie set. One of the items does smell very grapey. My decision was to try a brand not likely something I would use and when I have the spare dollars, I would not mind buying the smallest sizes of the two items for winter.
    @cath007 -your food bank donation building is going so well! Great time to think of others with your deals and savings!
    @SassyAshley -for the ground meat, I was going to suggest that taco casserole with Tostitos just to get the meat used up. It's an interesting dish though hard to keep leftovers (because you might just want to enjoy the crunchy goodness all at one meal). MacGyver rep on the door handle repair.

For those SCers impacted by the Ontario College strike (now ruled by back to work legislation so classes will resume tomorrow)-please head to Personal Finance for the thread I posted on how you can address a tuition refund (if you withdrew from your program during the strike) or financial aid. Few details but the two week window for tuition refund should be on every withdrawn students' immediate to-do list this week-very short opportunity.
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 -did the children try any of the potato or ham on its own even if the soup did not appeal? Maybe there is a texture or visual that they just did not like. It's good that you and DH have something new to enjoy for dinner. That's great news on the new daycare family signup!
    @coupon girl -oh,your wait is almost over for grandchild #3! Doing puzzles might help keep your energy directed when Ashlyn is napping or asleep. Hope the delivery goes smoothly for your daughter-in-law.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information