User Tag List

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1334Likes

Thread: November 2017 Frugal Chatter Thread

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    @John56789 I just checked out Rewarding Your Opinion, but they are not accepting new members.
    I didn't realize, I've had the account for quite a while now but never used it. Decided within the past week to start again and I've made over 100AM in a week! At this rate, surveys will pay for my groceries (Along with couponing still of course!).
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The Rewarding Your Opinion keeps sending me two particular surveys that always end up after several minutes stating that I don't meet the requirements. Whenever their test question asks about owning automobiles, I know I'm getting the repeat surveys (esp. on wine).
    Initially, I was able to earn a sign AM bonus and a few more AM points. Stalled right now with the surveys not changing. Darn algorithm. @johnb56789 , you really got great points for your efforts.
    barbis9, lilo0003 and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good afternoon everyone!!! I checked the flyers,they are good deals this week to make But no chinese beef for fondue and no shrimps in special and we finished the last package this week and will finish the remaining shrimps for supper with chinese rice.Might go to metro tomorrow for the 3,99$ package of chinese beef fondue if I want to eat more
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Cake did not get made yesterday-it came down to not having the usual sunflower or olive oil on hand. I was willing to make my own applesauce and substitute cranberry ginger ale pop for the sparkling apple cider but I drew the line at having to use store brand cooking oil that I have not used before. Sadly my sunflower oil purchase of a few weeks ago was down to last drops, not enough for cake. Mom did not get oil recently while shopping so I was miffed. Took an evening walk to Value Village and saw that the silk top and bed cover must have been purchased during the 50% off sale. Well, there's the January sale to look forward to *usually the first weekend after New Year's Day*.

Expect that a free hot chocolate at McDonald's will have to tide me through tonight's walk home.

I leafed through our thinner phone book and noticed that some neighbours are no longer listed inside.

Have all of us pulled out our November coupons from wallets, holders, pockets, purses, glove compartments to check dates of expiry? A few of them have before Nov 30 expiries while most coupons end on Nov. 30. Might be a good time to stock up on holiday themed Ziploc bags if baking is going to be taken to parties or gifted or provided to bazaars.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had a few hard conversations today. I was trying to figure out what my extended family members plans were for Christmas this year. This will be our first Christmas without Grandma. I learned today that my aunt has cancer that was misdiagnosed for the first year, then properly diagnosed this year. She had surgery at the end of August, but they didn’t get it all. She is going to have another surgery next week. This is the first that I had heard about any of it. A different Aunt was the one who told me today and indicated that the Aunt with cancer wanted to keep things quiet. I lived with my Aunt, Uncle, and Grandma during two years of university, so it is hard to hear that she has cancer. Christmas, Easter, and Thanks Giving are almost always hosted at their house. I don’t know what Christmas will look like this year. Some family members are staying home in Alberta.

My other set of Grandparents are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary on December 26, which was their wedding day. We are planning on being there, but that is still 5hrs away from us.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Nov 21st, 2017 at 07:08 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Angela273 travel is tough with little ones too, when we had kids we said they would spend Christmas Day in their own home but we welcomed any family to join us. My brother separated the year Logan was 10 and that was the 1st year we traveled to the grandparents. Since then we just go with the flow as the older kids all work and now we have to juggle a lot more schedules. The one day that off limits is New Year's Day as the in laws have 1st dibs on that day. But I did love all the years of Christmas morning in our own home.
    I had to run out for a few groceries today and was able to get some good deals and some personal care stuff for the food bank using coupons, free toothpaste and cheap pads make me happy. And I remembered to used the cereal coupon thanks to @cath007 post.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning ladies -off to get my haircut today at 11.00 and give my hairdresser my basket gift (she is also a personal friend of many years) but may go see daughter-in-law before my haircut and after for a bit til 1.00 p.m (cause hubby then needs the car for work)I will do a load of laundry for my daughter-in-law -just waiting for this baby to come -lol
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!

Dinner last night ended up being porkchops baked in the oven (did an egg wash then dipped in bread crumbs/spice mixture) with perogies and green beans and corn. 1 and 1/2 trays of the pork chops filled the cookie sheet so since they were still frozen I wrapped up the other 1 and 1/2 trays and put them back in the freezer for another night. I pulled out a small roast beef and that is in the crockpot right now for dinner tonight. Will make mashed potatoes and veggies to go with it.

I didn't do any laundry last night and a load of towels are still sitting in the dryer. I put a load in the washer this morning and will get at it tonight. I put away the clean clothes that were piled on a dresser upstairs this morning at least.

Our fridge is very empty. We have clementines for fruit. It's ok when we plan and cook a meal from the freezer (meat/veggies).
    (besides the 12 packages of cheese we have!)

So do I go to the gym at lunch or the grocery store? Really only buying bananas since I am waiting till I go to RCSS on Friday.
    Angela273, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Morning!

Dinner last night ended up being porkchops baked in the oven (did an egg wash then dipped in bread crumbs/spice mixture) with perogies and green beans and corn. 1 and 1/2 trays of the pork chops filled the cookie sheet so since they were still frozen I wrapped up the other 1 and 1/2 trays and put them back in the freezer for another night. I pulled out a small roast beef and that is in the crockpot right now for dinner tonight. Will make mashed potatoes and veggies to go with it.

I didn't do any laundry last night and a load of towels are still sitting in the dryer. I put a load in the washer this morning and will get at it tonight. I put away the clean clothes that were piled on a dresser upstairs this morning at least.

Our fridge is very empty. We have clementines for fruit. It's ok when we plan and cook a meal from the freezer (meat/veggies).
    (besides the 12 packages of cheese we have!)

So do I go to the gym at lunch or the grocery store? Really only buying bananas since I am waiting till I go to RCSS on Friday.
    Clementines are on sale as of Friday at RCSS for 2.99 ish, I go though 2 cases a week so I am happy with this price
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Clementines are on sale as of Friday at RCSS for 2.99 ish, I go though 2 cases a week so I am happy with this price
    Yes saw that sale and that's why I'm trying to wait to go shopping on Friday Hope I get PC pts again this week
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had a $7 pickup this morning. A friend visited this morning, I hadn’t seen her in months. She became a first time grandmother last week.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Looking for one or multiple 5$ Agropur Cheese coupons
    Trade list:
    2x2$ Manns coupons
    2x2$ Johnsonville coupons
    4x1,00$Bolthouse carrots coupons
    2 fulfilled mcdonals coffe card(value them at 3,00$)
    stamps.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well went to the gym on my lunch and they were closing down the gym for a yoga candlelight ceremony. So I had to leave early. Didn't want to go back to work early so went to No Frills.
    Spent $7.20 and received 600 PC PTS

Mushrooms $1 (PM Food Basics)
    case water $1 (for next hockey tournament away)
    2 x rice crackers .99
    about 6lbs of bananas reduced to .99 cents (they are perfect! Will make DS fruit bowl for dessert tonight and tomorrow. Use with my oatmeal the next 2 mornings. And looking up a recipe to use them up )
    Gala apples (.67 Lb Walmart)

I should go back to the gym tonight but I have so much laundry to do and we are getting snow now brrr. So will do my house chores and go on my treadmill tonight instead
    Ciel, coupon girl and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Morning ladies -off to get my haircut today at 11.00 and give my hairdresser my basket gift (she is also a personal friend of many years) but may go see daughter-in-law before my haircut and after for a bit til 1.00 p.m (cause hubby then needs the car for work)I will do a load of laundry for my daughter-in-law -just waiting for this baby to come -lol
    Do you know that in the past 7 + years I have had my hair cut twice lol. The beauty of long hair. I just had it done this year and she commented on how healthy my hair was without getting it trimmed all the time.
    Ciel, coupon girl and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I went on the Tasty Rewards site to get the coupon for the new Rosemary Olive Oil popcorn and noticed that the site also had 4 PC Plus points offers-I loaded the Quaker muffin mix one plus one other offer. Besides the popcorn coupon, I also chose a granola bar and Super Grains cereal offer to print. My coupons expire on Dec.8, which is long enough-I will have grocery funds before then.

Speaking of hair, I am tempted to get the Colorista hair spray by January to try it once on my silvery locks for a laugh and for fun (new way to mark the new Year somehow differently). I have to read the product label in the store soon, to see how hard or easy application will be. Would not want to inadverdantly "paint" the bathroom another colour in the process...

Clipped some items out of the Cdn Tire Black Friday flyer to scope at the local store-wow a $98 phone with camera, plus Crockpot for $39.99, etc.; also clipped the Acer Aspire laptop image from the Walmart flyer. At current rate, I can best plan on a tablet or laptop next July unless income or contest win comes along earlier. Yesterday's flyer included the new BedBathBeyond booklet-some fun items there. If anyone in Ontario is wanting a Ricardo crockpot, Linen Chest is ending its $59.99 deal for it today online.

Publisac has two contests-the $250 SAQ gift card prize (have to answer a question on Quebec veal) and the 5 x $100 Bureau en gros (Staples) gift cards-on its website. I sure would love the SAQ prize as I enjoyed the Ricardo red wine but getting to a SAQ store (the Quebec LCBO) is another matter. So I entered for the Staples gift card (hot item this year is the HP Sprocket photo printer) despite the fact the current flyer is for Black Friday and two pages long-contest form wanted a product listed in current flyer from page 3. I indicated that detail in my answer.
    cath007 likes this.

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information